• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by egb81.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Britain First
  • yunki
    Free Member

I have a handful of people on facebook that occasionally repost some racist twaddle from the Britain First group..

I’m loath to simply unfriend or block these people for a variety of reasons but I have stumbled across the perfect way to deal with any nonsense that happens to crop up on my newsfeed..

This analogy seems utterly profound to me (apologies for those unable to follow the link, but I can’t find the video on youtube) and posting this video into the comment section is a simply therapeutic way to express my thoughts concisely and get on with the rest of my day

wallies

Cougar

You can block the source of the share rather than the sharer. Since discovering that my feed now very rarely tells me how shite Manchester United are or how loved someone else’s sister is.

piemonster

Wot cougar said.

Can you not block posts from friends too, without un”friending”

marcus7
    Free Member

Yeah I got some of those and managed to block them

iolo
    Free Member

OP, if you don’t want racist shit on your Facebook unfriend them.
    If you don’t, accept the racist bullshit being spouted.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

You can unfollow people. You won’t see anything on your feed from them, but you are still friends with them

weare138
    Free Member

Did it with a few today. Good riddance.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just post something in response from the Britain Furst FB page which rips the piss out of the halfwits that post that Britain First crap
    https://www.facebook.com/BritiainFurst

ohnohesback
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

As I said though, there’s a number of reasons for not blocking these people from my feed, the first being that I feel it’s my duty to confront them about their views..

This thread was started with the hope of getting some feedback on the video I posted 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just turn off their updates to your feed. You’ll never see anything they post unless they message you personally then you can ignore anyway

pondo

As I said though, there’s a number of reasons for not blocking these people from my feed, the first being that I feel it’s my duty to confront them about their views..

Totally get that.

dannybgoode

The scary thing about BF is that people are reposting stuff without knowing a great deal about BF and the fact that it is a political party and not just a catchy name of some Facebook group.

It was founded by Jim Dowson who is credited with getting Nick Griffith and the BNP to where it is but they fell out so he has now set up BF.

If people have researched this stuff and still decided to post it well at least they know what much they are spreading but to blinding click like and share and give such parties the publicity they desire is unforgivable.

Same with UKIP – sure Nigel Farage is your mate down the pub and them Euro scum can f off etc but UKIP is also all for scrapping maternity / paternity rights, legislation protecting employees etc. Unfortunately people vote with no knowledge of what they are voting for.

In the words of Winston Churchill (apt given the significance of today) ‘The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.’

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

+1 for Britain Furst – brilliant.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

‘The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.’

What’s that got to do with Britain First ? Is there a connection with Britain First and “the average voter” ?

footflaps

I liked this one:

dannybgoode

@ernie – yes there is. BF are a political party (of sorts) and their message is being spread (albeit undoubtedly unwittingly) by many of my friends on Facebook who I would certainly deem to be ‘avergae voters’

Also note my post referenced UKIP with the same quote attaching.

miketually
    Free Member

I had a few people sharing BF stuff, but only 1 ‘friend’ has liked the page so they’re sharing things without really knowing the source.

egb81
    Free Member

Just post this every time some of this dribble appears.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Britain First’ is closed to new replies.