Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bristol to Cheltenham road ride
  • petefromearth

Looking for some route ideas taking in a good selection of tough climbs and fun descents. I know the southern area fairly well so can get as far as Stroud/Nailsworth. The road up from Wotton and then the swoopy descent through Horsley is epic, so hoping for more of the same. I’ll get the train back from Cheltenham Spa.

psling
    Free Member

I guess from Nailsworth you could head up over Mincinhampton Common and down to Chalford then up to Bisley, The Camp, Birdlip and then down Leckhampton to Cheltenham?

doomanic

If you want exciting you could use the M5….

qwerty
    Free Member

As psling says, from Nailsworth take the W up to Minch common, once on top there are lots of options, try: descend Brimscombe Hill to A419, head east, at the bottom of Cowcombe Hill turn left onto Chalford High Street, Frampton Mansell, Sapperton, Winstone, Elkstone, Cockleford, Seven Springs, Cheltenham.

Have you tried: https://www.cyclestreets.net/

qwerty
    Free Member

Maybe: https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=zrtwpzaxxnitbtrm not ridden it all, but should get you there.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hoarsely to Tipputs Inn is testing, then down to Nailsworth and up the W (marked the Ladder on google maps which I’ve never heard before).

Then head for sapperon, winstone, elkstone, side, birdlip.

mrmo
    Free Member

slad valley is imo the nicest way between stroud and cheltenham

mrmo
    Free Member

Although, if you want an alternative, cross the severn bridge and come up through Tintern to Monmouth and then back through the Forest of Dean to Gloucester.

ransos
    Free Member

Although, if you want an alternative, cross the severn bridge and come up through Tintern to Monmouth and then back through the Forest of Dean to Gloucester.

Nice idea, though I’d head through Chepstow and up Offa’s Dyke.

petefromearth

Cheers all, many rides worth of ideas there!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bristol to Cheltenham road ride’ is closed to new replies.