Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bristol – Riding near Almondsbury?
  • Leon
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone knew of any ok riding around Almondsbury? I work up Aztec west, and even though I’ve looked I’ve not found any decent off road. I’d love to be able to go for a blast at lunchtimes, but I only have an hour, so I can’t get as far as Ashton Court, or even Blaise Castle I doubt (not that I can ever find my way around Blaise anyway…)

Leon

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Leon, presuming you have an hour for lunch take a blast down to the ‘tump’ which is where they dumped all the excess soil when they constructed Bradley Stoke North, it’s been turned into a nature reserve with some fire road. a small patch of wood with a bit of singletrack in it and riding up, around and down the tump is fun, although the ride would be lame compared to AS or LW it would be perfect for a lunchtime jaunt.

I used to use it as a test track when I lived in the area.

Here.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve only ever found short off-road sections but you need to ride lots of on-road between them and they’re far from exciting. If I had any skills I might venture to the BMX track which is next door to Aztec West but I don’t so I haven’t :p

clubber
    Free Member

Blaise Castle was good in the mid to late 90s but I’ve not been there recently so I’ve no idea if the trails are still ok or even rideable since IIRC they weren’t really ‘official’ let’s say…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

‘RedThunder’ knows a bit hereabouts:

http://www.zooomr.com/photos/15397@Z01/sets/45867/

Wave as you go past …

MrAgreeable

I’d second FuzzyWuzzy’s suggestion of the BMX track. Believe it or not you can actually make yourself quite knackered riding one, and if that’s not enough exercise you will probably be chased by feral Patchway children too.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Patchway bmx track at the tumps, I live about 35 meters from it, it is huge now as they have had diggers there for the last 2 years! I last about 10 mins before being knackered, it is big enough to throw a mtb round. There may be a lot of kids there at lunch though! and I mean a lot

Leon
    Free Member

I had a go on the BMX track on my cross bike once. Pretty funny 🙂

All I remember about the tumps is that ew tried playing football there one luchtime, and spent most of the time avoiding dogsh!t. Perhaps it’s ok if you stick to the paths. I’ll have more of an explore.

Leon

FuzzyWuzzy

Blaise is good but it would take 15 mins or so to drive there (maybe more at lunch time, takes me 15 mins just to get out of Aztec West sometimes :p )

KINGTUT
    Free Member

To the Aztec peeps, anyone no what the problem was on the A38 opposite the Toyota garage this morning at about 8.45pm? Police were directing traffic off the road, made me reet bloomin late for work.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Looked like a bus caught fire heading north on the A38

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Nope, patchway is a very dodgy area they moved you on for your own safety!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Thanks fuzzhead.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Looked like a bus caught fire heading north on the A38

Aye, they were rinsing the oil spill off the road surface when I came through.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bristol – Riding near Almondsbury?’ is closed to new replies.