Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest roll call…
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Rickon don’t forget I’ll be wanting a few hot laps out of you on the sat as well as your sunday solo. You’ll be getting a bash of your own encouragement stick if you’re not careful! 😀

also bike, car and toolbox now pimped with loco tuning stickers…

MrAgreeable

Just seen that the campsite is now closed until 4pm as they’re getting some trackway delivered. Sorry Graham, no donuts for you this weekend.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Those of you moaning that the SS category has been combined with the old blokes cat – it was always like that

Not so much moaning but disappointed. I mainly ride SS and so like to race in the SS category but if there aren’t enough entries to constitute a race then I agree there’s no point in having the Cat.

Don’t mind racing in Old Gits Cat, I am 48 after all! 😉

Weather update Mr Rickon. Is it safe to leave my sofa?

wwaswas

the campsite’s closed until 4 due to ‘a big brown mess’ accordign to twitter. I’ll assume it’s mud…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Uh oh guess I won’t leave quite yet then…..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What is the twitter feed??

MrAgreeable

Yes I read that as “campsite closed until 4pm to do a big brown mess” too. Little things…

huw
    Free Member

For anyone thinking about leaving soon, news from the site:

“Anyone attending Bristol Bike Fest, the campsite will be closed until at least 4pm as they’re getting tracking delivered to make the currently inaccessible swampy campsite a bit less so.”

rickon
    Free Member

Weather update Mr Rickon. Is it safe to leave my sofa?

Biblical.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Really? In a 12 hour race? Because you lost a few seconds!?

Yup, in the 12 hour, not getting clear on the first lap is worth a lot of time due to the bottle necks. In Oktoberfest I finished 10th in the solo, 14th to 7th was separated by something like 15 minutes at the end I recall, I was nursing a twisted ankle so jogged the run and didn’t cut the corner, easily cost me the 7 minutes to 7th place for sure.

On the awful wet 2009 bogfest, I was stood waiting to cross the bridge on the first lap when the fastest teams were coming round on lap 2 and pushing through.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

BTG pirate ninja checking in. Quite excited as I haven’t done BBF before. I’m guessing it may be a new experience for a lot of us to ride a whole lap of AC without stopping for a natter every ten minutes.

Trimix
    Free Member

Supersaiyan – doing any riding without stopping every now and again for a chat or to catch your breath is a massive difference.

Also getting caught up in the “race” spirit and trying to catch other riders kills me everytime. Id happily ride all day, but when it comes to Bikefest Im done after one lap 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

BBF website says campsite shut until 1700 ….you will be turned away if you arrive before that.

njee20
    Free Member

So they’ll help us get to the campsite, then we’ll get stuck! 😕

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nah I think they are laying down tracking to make the “roads” .. who knows guess we’ll find out around 5pmish!

davidjey
    Free Member

Can I be the first to coin the name Bristol Bogfest? (EDIT: too late. By 4 years)

Oh well, dry course, muddy campsite, as a soloist that’s just more incentive not to stop!!!

I only live an hour away* so will be driving in and leaving Saturday night after the race. I’m sharing a camping spot with friends in the main field who are camping, but don’t want to get the car stuck on Saturday night….

Therefore if anyone can report back ‘live’ on conditions in the main field and in the rugby club (no point resorting to parking over there if I still need towing out), that would be great.

*At 6am on a Saturday, with liberal interpretation of the speed limit on the M4

m0rk
    Free Member

First race since a national championship in ’98

I think I might suffer a fair bit. Overtaking seems different to what I remember in the good old days

jclay
    Free Member

First time in the 12hr solo tomorrow, have no idea why I’ve been so stupid! Changed tyres twice already this week and still not sure what to ride, plus it sounds like we’ll be sleeping in a lake.

The joys of mountain biking 😀

amt27
    Free Member

soooooo beavers or renegades?

rickon
    Free Member

Swampthings.

GaryLake
    Free Member

It’s 90% stone singletrack and doubletrack, and it dries out bloody quickly. The start finish straight might be an issue but otherwise don’t run mud tyres of any sort. Something like Ralphs will be ideal, I promise.

I’m running Bonty 29-1s, I’m a local and I ran these all winter too.

amt27
    Free Member

yep, just switched back to my Renegade/FastTrak combo, I remember the new sections from last year, but wasn’t too sure about the natural sections,

cheers Gary

GaryLake
    Free Member

It’s now all like the new section from last year 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest roll call…’ is closed to new replies.