Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest roll call
  • grahamh
    Free Member

I'll be there.
    Last minute replacement, as someone had to drop out.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Yep, LVIS Pirates.

I'll be in LVIS kit wobbling slowly around on my Blue Pig… :-/

nicks
    Free Member

yup 12 hr open male team , in bright green Mule Bar kit !

weather looks good !!!

MrAgreeable

Gonna be soloing it on Saturday, in a can't be arsed beer hand-up stylee. Actually, no, scratch that, I'm aiming for 24 laps. 🙂

Just broken my leg, so I'm out.

Shee-it! Text me your ward number and I'll bring you a copy of "Grumpy Shropshireman Monthly" and some grapes.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yep, he fell down a mineshaft.

You're just going to have to do all my laps for me KINGTUT. I knew you'd be pleased.

rexated
    Free Member

I'll be racing 12 hour pairs with someone a lot faster than me, Team Over It.
    So what's the deal alluded to above: full suss better than hardtail then?? Is the course a tad bumpy?

clubber
    Free Member

XC full sus would be my choice. Sadly i've just broken mine so hardtail
    it is…

MrAgreeable

Is the course a tad bumpy?

In parts, yes. It's about 1/3 metalled road, 1/3 rooty rocky singletrack, 1/3 fairly smooth singletrack. I did it in an SS pair with no bouncers last year, it was OK.

satsoma
    Free Member

I'll be there, cheering everyone on whilst drinking ale 😀

sam_commencal
    Free Member

The course is fun on any bike (I regularly ride it rigid) but if you want speed then a HT or lightweight full sus will be the best bet. I've decided to ride a 100mm HT this year as opposed to a 140mm full sus as there is always a load of traffic on the rocky/rooty singletrack so it's hard to pass anyway, whilst the HT flies around most of it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm aiming for 24 laps

Seriously? Good luck with that, although you have the weather on your side.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep, LVIS Pirates.

Heh, your bars will prevent people from overtaking..

Surely the 5 would be better?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh I can't wait!

Weather forecast –

Small Block 8s fitted!
    :mrgreen:

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Maxxis Aspen FTW! As long as I don't ride over sharp pointy rocks.

MrAgreeable

Small Block 8s fitted!

Shutupshutupshutup! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shutupshutupshutup!

Heheheee! 8)

I've kept quiet about the weather after last year (We were Ok on Saturday though) but I'm now confident enough in my own forcast to predict –

If it rains, you can all blame me, OK? 😯

pjt201
    Free Member

hmm, i was considering taking my small block 8s off after last nights ride round the course and leigh woods! i'm sure it will dry out well by the weekend though.

MrAgreeable

The classic bike fest template is shite conditions until a day before the race, then it dries out miraculously overnight.

Here's a pic from our Dig and Pig two years ago – it had all dried up (or been drained by the volunteers!) a week later when the race rolled round.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Been looking at the camping. Is it on the other side of the road again if your team isnt on the list on the website?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

hmm, i was considering taking my small block 8s off after last nights ride round the course and leigh woods! i'm sure it will dry out well by the weekend though.

Eh? I rode it with semi slicks on Monday, it was as dry as, we must have had some serious rain overnight.

TooTall
    Free Member

Avoiding it – hopefully the serious, head-down, barging antisocial, lycra-clad mardy riders will get whatever it is out of their systems and the area will be full of happy cyclists next weekend.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Avoiding it – hopefully the serious, head-down, barging antisocial, lycra-clad mardy riders will get whatever it is out of their systems

No no, I'm there most weekends.. 😉

cheers_drive

Tuesdays rain is good for the course, it was getting very loose and dusty last week.
    12 hour team for me.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Im there 3 blokes – the team with no name

clubber
    Free Member

Odd thing to say tootall. It's because the bbf isn't like that that it's so popular.

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm just hoping the bbf is the reason there are so many stony-faced runts battering around Ashton Court at the moment and they will be sated by it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm just hoping the bbf is the reason there are so many stony-faced runts battering around Ashton Court at the moment and they will be sated by it.

No it's like that quite a lot, mind you I'm too busy barging slow newbies with half ton camelbacks and knee length flappy shorts into hedges to notice.

Milkie
    Free Member

I have to walk the dog on Saturday.. I'm guessing it won't matter if I bring the dog along? No I'm not riding! 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    Eh? I rode it with semi slicks on Monday, it was as dry as, we must have had some serious rain overnight.

It poured down all day Tuesday!

TooTall
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    mind you I'm too busy barging slow newbies with half ton camelbacks and knee length flappy shorts into hedges to notice.

You sound like a BMW driver from the North Bristol slums.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How very dare you.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

Yep, LVIS Pirates.

Heh, your bars will prevent people from overtaking..

Surely the 5 would be better?

Damn right! 😉

Yes it would, but it's in bits and I can't be arsed to rebuild it again at the mo (used most of the bits off it for the Pig).

clubber
    Free Member

God I really hope this torrential storm doesn't trash the course 😯

Candodavid
    Free Member

was going to EOL on the sunday but had a bit of a funny turn with a heart moment on tuesday and now Mrs C has banned the bikes for a while

pedalhead
    Free Member

God I really hope this torrential storm doesn't trash the course

😆

clubber
    Free Member

You won't be laughing if it's as soaked as my garden is right now 😈

thekingofsweden

I'll be there in the KoN singlespeeddrinkingbeerandnotridingverymuch team of four.

me too

Me too too

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

clubber – Member

You won't be laughing if it's as soaked as my garden is right now

Mine is bone dry. Those kerazy micro-climates huh?? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Shhh. I can see it heading your way 😉

MrAgreeable

TooTall – Member

Avoiding it – hopefully the serious, head-down, barging antisocial, lycra-clad mardy riders will get whatever it is out of their systems and the area will be full of happy cyclists next weekend.

You sound way mardier than any of the peakless lycra blokes that were sessioning the course at the weekend. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest roll call’ is closed to new replies.