Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bristol Bike Theives, 1 Down…
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

I saw this happening at the time, a cyclist on the pavement being followed along Hotwells Road by a very slow moving Police car, I wondered what the heck was going on..

Now I know

Glad they got the ****.

clubber
    Free Member

Judge Cooper warned James that he could face at least 18 weeks in custody

Hmmmm… doesn't really fill me with confidence that he'll stop doing it when he gets out. He's a smackhead so prison isn't exactly going to help get him clean…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

True, but at least it shows the Police sometimes get it right as for the justice system well…

flatfish
    Free Member

do you really think it's going to stop him nicking bikes?
    all he's had is a slap on the wrist.
    unfortunately he didn't have his hands chopped off or why can't the goverment take a cold, windswept island in the outer hebridies and put all the low life on there and let them get on with it, unlike oz which is nice and warm.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, fair comment KT. Doesn't sound like the guy/gang targeting homes/garages/etc though…

willard

I'm liking the idea of a cold, windswept island.

No smack there, but plenty of exercise and bracing walks should sort him out.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

do you really think it's going to stop him nicking bikes?

I refer to my previous post.

Bear in mind the Police know what he looks like now, where he lives etc, when he comes out he won't have it quite as easy as he did.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie James, 29, stole a £575 Marin mountain bike from Queen's Road, Clifton, on June 29.
    But he also admitted that since July 21 last year he had taken 28 other bikes from the Clifton area, and asked for those crimes to be taken into consideration at Bristol Magistrates' Court yesterday.

:idiot:

thegreatape
    Free Member

Actually quite savvy if you are a prolific thief. Gets them all dealt with in one go rather than getting prosecuted for each one seperately.

MrAgreeable

all he's had is a slap on the wrist.

Er, it says case adjourned for sentencing. 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

sorry missed that bit ant.

mind you it does say COULD be jailed for eighteen weeks which normally reads 30 hours community service which he'll probably miss anyway and a £50 fine which he won't pay as he needs all his money for smack.

MrAgreeable

Could be jailed for at least 18 weeks it says. There won't be any bikes where he's going… (although sadly, as Clubber points out, there will probably be plenty of smack)

noteeth
    Free Member

On a slight tangent, read the deranged comment from somebody who goes by the snappy name of 'Challenge The Cyclist':

Well how about we make sure pedestrianised areas are not for cyclists then he wouldn't have got away.

Okaaay – because despite being a sweating junkie and a sworn bike thief with The Fuzz on his tail, he's bound to stick rigorously to the Highway Code? 😈

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Theives, 1 Down…’ is closed to new replies.