Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bristol Bike Fest
  • Joxster
    Free Member

Is anyone here doing it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Me & Mrs PP in the mixed pairs, and a few others we know.
    🙂

Joxster
    Free Member

In a moment of madness I entered the 12hr solo……….. I may need a push

Del

that’s a moment of madness you’re going to have plenty of time to ruminate on. ouch!
    nice event. good course.

aP
    Free Member

Me solo 12 hour too.
    Again.
    Oh dear.

Joxster
    Free Member

Any trees on the course? I’m having an issue with them, a magnetic issue. I’ve also got the same problem on the golf course.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

I am doing it solo. Will be my first one am not sure if I am up to it but it should be fun trying.

I just hope the weather is ok. Its rutted as hell and all the exposed roots will be so slippery in the wet. It will take some concentration not to end upside down in a bush i reckon.

Which bike that is the question. Have done 6 or 7 laps at a go on the rigid but hands get a bit sore. It seems a bit silly to use the five though!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There are a great deal of trees on the course.

Clink, Candodavid, Singletrackmonkey and I will be there are Team Singletrackmonkeys.

That said, if it turns out to be wet, I won’t get out from under the awning because it will be shit.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will try to get a Big Bike Bash representative down there to hand out flyers for our event.

Might even go there in person if anyone wants to meet me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

12 hour solo for me.

For Las Vegas Institute of Sport / Tutton Recruitment

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

clubber
    Free Member

best event of the year I reckon.

I’ll be there racing in a 4 man team along with the rest of the Las Vegas Institute of Sport squad.

I’ve done it ss solo before and i don’t think i’ll be repeating it though it was a good experience.

Joxster
    Free Member

Hmmm I might just get some passes for the Fort Bill event……………..

clubber
    Free Member

nah, you can’t beat the bristol 12.

Joxster
    Free Member

I hope you’re right. The wife will be standing around and if she gets bored the cakes and chocolate will get eaten before I finish.

clubber
    Free Member

lol. Well if you don’t know anyone else there you’re welcome to pitch up with the lvis squad.

Did you ever sell your rocky
    mountain btw?

petefromearth

i’m doing singlespeed pairs – we are Wookies With Attitude!

minus the wookie outfits most likely,…

Del

it has a very good record for good weather, but yeah if it rains heavily, the course will be f**king minging.
    one point to note – bring plenty of water. i was shocked at how bad the provision of water was the year before last, considering you have a bunch of people riding bikes around, but last year may have been better. ( i was self sufficient ).

Joxster
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    lol. Well if you don’t know anyone else there you’re welcome to pitch up with the lvis squad.

Did you ever sell your rocky mountain btw?

In my best Robert de Niro accent

“You talkin’ to me?”

I’ve not yet owned a Rocky Mountain, but there is plenty of time if I hate everything else I’ve got to ride.

Should I bring lots of beer? What if the wife drinks it, I’ll have to drive home sore, grumpy and sober.

clubber
    Free Member

yeah, aimed at you though i guess i’ve mixed you up with someone else.

Beer, solo and hot weather would be an interesting mix 🙂

cheers_drive

The course is 10 minutes ride from my house so it would be rude not to do it. Doing it a team of 4.
    The couse is nice and dry at the moment but is very rutted after the winter which can be a bit ‘uncomfortable’ on a hardtail after a few laps. There are lots of trees, roots and twisty bits so you may want to lose your maganetic attraction soon.
    Recommended

Joxster
    Free Member

No worries, once met never forgotten. I’m opionated, arragont and egotistical and a w@nker too or so I’m reminded by the wife, other than that I’m just fat and unfit.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m in for the 12hr solo. First event even vaguely like this.

I’m not expecting too much, but by the same token I’m not expecting to die. Hopefully riding at Cannock will have prepared me for the roots.

Hopefully meet some of you guys there!

Matt

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

yer im in for the easy day, 12hour 4 man team. we won last year so going for gold again!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Fest’ is closed to new replies.