Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • bristol bike fest, who's riding?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Hoping to turn up with the camera so who’s in and how will i recognise you?

TooTall
    Free Member

You could look at the Bristol Bike Fest thread that has been running for a week now.

rOcKeTdOg

I’d now you from the grumpy expression then yea? 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He’s right though.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Not me, I just look at my bikes hanging on the garage wall and never go anywhere on them 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

You’d know it was me by my absence. Loads of po-faced over-eager locals climaxing their hardcore training at the same time in the same place? No thanks.

rOcKeTdOg

Oh dear

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’d know it was me by my absence. Loads of po-faced over-eager locals climaxing their hardcore training at the same time in the same place? No thanks.

Ah see now that’s where you are wrong, I haven’t done any training.

TooTall
    Free Member

But you are naturally buff and a born thoroughbred, TUT.

clubber
    Free Member

And you are naturally a grumpy bugger, eh 😉

(I’ll be there)

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whos-doing-the-bristol-bike-fest

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m a little ray of sunshine and am mostly a happy bear. I just don’t have much time for racing and racers.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

But you are naturally buff and a born thoroughbred, TUT.

It’s taken a lot of hard work to be this mediocre.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll be there wearing some pink Assos gear 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I know, TT – I just never quite get why you get such a bee in your bonnet about a race that’s actually good humoured and chilled as it goes… Sure there are one or two miserable tryhards but then you get them riding the trails through the year too so I don’t really see the distinction.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sure there are one or two miserable tryhards

8)

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, you’re just miserable…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

auuuw, I wanna be a tryhard too..

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve not got a bee in my bonnet about this race – I don’t really like any of them. This is just the one that is closest to me and ensures the local tryhards are trying a bit harder building up to it. It also imports tryhards from elsewhere.

I’m concentrating on my training for the Bristol Naked Bike Ride on 19 June anyway.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’ll be there rocketdog. You may take my photo. I’m not sure I’ll recognise you though – you seem to have grown an exceptionally large beard since we last met? 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’m concentrating on my training for the Bristol Naked Bike Ride on 19 June anyway.

Yay my birthday!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’ll be there, you’ll recognise me from the amazing colour clash of a gold bike and pink handlebars!

Oh and I’ll be an ‘imported try-hard’ and wont be ashamed of it.

clubber
    Free Member

With your height, that’ll be a most unpleasant view to look up to for many…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Last turkey in the shoppe.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ll be there riding SS solo on Saturday. Still I think the only person with questionable enough taste to have a Lefty on my Pegasus.

Yay my birthday!

An ideal opportunity to wear your birthday suit then.

I’ll be the big fat beardy bloke in the green & black Vegan Cyclists kit with a worried expression wondering if my frame’s going to last the distance.

rOcKeTdOg

Anna, beard has been chopped back for summer

Pedalhead i will seek you out

HarYuken
    Free Member

I’ve not got a bee in my bonnet about this race – I don’t really like any of them. This is just the one that is closest to me and ensures the local tryhards are trying a bit harder building up to it. It also imports tryhards from elsewhere.

Don’t pee on other people’s parades just because you are too fat and slow to race

pjt201
    Free Member

pedalhead – Member
    I’ll be there riding SS solo on Saturday. Still I think the only person with questionable enough taste to have a Lefty on my Pegasus

I thought a lefty was de rigueur for a pegasus, or is it all about niner carbon forks now?

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t pee on other people’s parades just because you are too fat and slow to race

[smiles sweetly]

You are evidently a tryveryhard who cannot comprehend a mentality that has no desire to race. I’m bantering on a bike forum – you are biting. If we were all as buff and competitive as you, there would be nobody to eat your dust and give you your gratification from winning. You do win, don’t you?

clubber
    Free Member

Oi, behave, Steve…

Dr_Bakes

pjt201 – Member

pedalhead – Member
    I’ll be there riding SS solo on Saturday. Still I think the only person with questionable enough taste to have a Lefty on my Pegasus

I thought a lefty was de rigueur for a pegasus, or is it all about niner carbon forks now?

Ha ha ha, and what have you just purchased pedalhead? Looks like you’re not so niche after all? 😆

rOcKeTdOg

I’d need a strip made of black hole material to look slim

I’ll be wearing the http://www.velocake.co.uk team top though

HarYuken
    Free Member

🙂

I’m bored…

clubber
    Free Member

And you’re not buff either 😉 Besides pink (or is it cerise) is not a good colour 😉

HarYuken
    Free Member

Glad you don’t think so! Hmm, that reeks of jeaslousy (not!). I wont confess to liking it a great deal but if it was choice between that and the new LVIS Hawaiian jersey, it would be a tough call! 😉

I’ll wander over during the day to see it in the flesh but will make sure I am wearing the sunglasses!

pedalhead
    Free Member

haha oops, there goes my niche badge (Lefty and Niner forks here). I tried so hard too.

I hope most of you will be riding 26ers.
    I rely on other people handicapping themselves by riding inappropriate bikes to make me look good in the results.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep I’m riding a 26r, my fellow SS soloist on the LVIS team is riding a 29r, there will be no comparison though as he is at least 10 years my junior.

clubber
    Free Member

I rely on people not eating meat to make them less sociable and smell of mould which in turn makes me seem better in comparison 😉

Sociability is overrated.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘bristol bike fest, who's riding?’ is closed to new replies.