Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bristol Airport – Wrong Sort of Tent Pegs
  • slugwash
    Free Member

Grrrr, I’ve just had me tent pegs confiscated by security at Brizzie Airport 🙁 Apparently they were too pointy at the ends. Flat, triangular, and wire tent pegs are allright, mine were not. I was only trying to put all me heavy stuff in hand-luggage to avoid excess baggage costs. They wanted to take my spare gear cables as well, (potential in-air piano wire type garotte possibilities) I managed to keep hold of them.

Anyone know a good camping shop in Geneva!

BlingBling
    Free Member

FFS try using your head :mrgreen:

If they take nail clippers and safety razor blades what did you expect??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate…I never make it through there without having something taken off me – they are absolute barstewards there…and there’s always bloody queues…everywhere in the airport.

Sorry, don’t know of any camping shop though. Have a nice trip.

slugwash
    Free Member

FFS try using your head

Yeah, It was a genuine stupid oversight.
    But I have flown with the tent before.

grynch
    Free Member

Where are you actually going?.. are you hiring a car here or relying on some sort of shuttle

If you’re heading to any sort of resort area I’m sure you’ll do find for tent pegs up there, but ya know.. here in Geneve… I can’t think of a proper outdoor retailer.

Your best bet here in town would probably be to head to the big shopping centre “Balexert” ( http://www.balexert.ch ) It’s only a mile or so from the airport there is a generic sports store there that would probably have some rather generic tent pegs.

grynch
    Free Member
    Drac

le Globe-Trotter
    bvd des Philosophes 9
    1205 Genève
    022 329 44 38

Terres d’Aventures
    rue du Pré-Jérôme 5
    1205 Genève
    022 320 67 29

Cactus Sports
    rue du Pont-Neuf 4
    1227 Carouge GE
    022 300 30 01

grynch
    Free Member

ohh.. have fun in Carouge… give me a call if (when) you get lost.

wwaswas

“FFS try using your head”

or purchase a mallet at any of the above outlets for a more comfortable pitching experience.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Surely Decathlon would have them

grynch
    Free Member

decathlon?

donald
    Free Member

There used to be an outdoors shop in Chamonix – I don’t know if it’s still there.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I have flown with the tent before.

it makes sense that you try to take tent pegs with you these days, then.

grumm
    Free Member

These restrictions are bollocks anyway, it doesn’t make it any safer it’s just designed to make you feel like they are doing something. I had my swiss army credit card thing taken off me on a recent flight, but they failed to spot my bike tool in my bag which has a knife on it. 😡

Sandwich

I’ve managed a flight with a locking blade swiss army knife in the cabin before! The security chaps were more worried about the sample size shaving foam. Pure theatre, nothing more or less.

grynch
    Free Member

as long as these stories are coming out… I had a kilt pin ( ya should see me in my kilt ) taken away while at the same time they missed a leatherman in my carry on.

Marge
    Free Member

I left a full metal screwdriver in the bottom of my laptop bag for about 20 flights before I relaised… (though has my deodorant confiscated in the meantime!) 🙂

hot_fiat

Frikkin airport staff! I swear the job adverts must look like this:

“No job, qualifications, prospects or common sense? Hate people and enjoy being a pedantic, Stalinist pr1ck? Come and work with a collection of like-minded souls at BAA. We currently have vacancies in the following areas: checkin-staff, security personnel, despatchers, duty-free checkout operatives and senior management.

BAA: making flying miserable since 1966.”

May their pension scheme become tied to the Zimbabwean economy.

sheldona
    Free Member

I was sat next to a woman in an airport lounge not so long back with some gert big knitting needles with big pheck off points on the end! Just doesn’t make sence!!

Also as you’re in Brizzol airport, just pop along to Boots(Maybe some other cpmpany I can’t remember now) Airside and take a look at their range of razors!! So they take them off you at security only to buy some more the other side!!

aracer
    Free Member

Things I’ve had problems with at security (before the latest silliness):

Power kite. Apparently the thin fibreglass poes could be used as weapons.
    Hot glue gun. Yes I know it has “gun” in it’s name, but what exactly did they expect me to do with it? Find a 240V power point somewhere on the plane and then stick the pilots to their seats? Next trip it went in the hold baggage, but was forced to remove it from there as well!
    Zip ties. Apparently they could be used to tie up the crew.

TimP
    Free Member

Cork Airport are the worst I have experienced. I have had a Park Tools multi allen key taken from me (even though it came through Stansted OK), a lip balm stick as I didnt declare it in my plastic bag (they wouldnt let me take it through even after they had seen what it was and that it was a genuine mistake) and most annoyingly a roll of insulation tape, which I had just bought to try and make a finger splint less obvious at a wedding. Apparently it was too strong (according to their “pull till it snaps” scientific test). I have even had to take off my watch to pass it through the scanner there

acjim
    Free Member

One of my hates – it’s all such a load of old cobblers.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Airport – Wrong Sort of Tent Pegs’ is closed to new replies.