Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Brisker Hydromatic sizing (do they stretch?)
  • rockandrollmark

Pretty much as the title. Having read that the Hydromatic version of the Briskers come up a bit small, I went for a size Large (ordered off t’internet) as I’m normally a medium, borderline small. Even so, they’re still pretty snug. At the moment I feel like I should size up to an XL, but was wondering if I can expect the ones I’ve got to stretch out.

Any experiences?

welshfarmer

Yes. The same as you 🙂

I sized up from a large Brisker to an XL Hydromatic. And whilst they fit great, they are a PITA to get on as they are so tight. And almost impossible if your hands are damp/sweaty. But they do keep the rain out and after a half hour to warm up in sub zero temps tonight did in fact do a fair job of keeping my hands warm.

walleater

Weird. I have a Large pair (fnaaaar…..) and always wear large gloves and they fit fine. I went into a shop to make sure that they fitted, and then purchased there like we did in the olden days though 😉

Yetiman
    Free Member

Similar issues with me. I wear XL Briskers and bought a pair of XL Hydros for the ‘Strathpuffer in 2020 and never even put them on once as they were just too snug. Shame, as I love my regular Briskers, which are a great fit, and felt the Hydros would have been perfect for colder wet winter riding. The material didn’t feel like it would stretch much either.

militantmandy
    Free Member

No, they don’t seem to stretch. I wear mine in the worst weather, but they’re a bit of a last resort as they aren’t actually that nice to ride in. My Cold Weather Briskers are great though.

bigblackshed

I bought a pair of cold weather Briskers yesterday, I’m normally a large in any other brand of glove, had to size up to XL. But the fitted fine and we’re really comfortable.

I did try to put a waterproof version on, I struggled to get my hand in. They were very tight. I’d imagine that being that tight they wouldn’t be very warm, I normally prefer a bit of room to allow some air flow, these would have been cutting circulation off.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m medium in normal Briskers. If anything, the M hydromatic ones are a bit roomier. I don’t think they stretch much.

Good gloves.

beagle
    Free Member

Looks like they are inconsistent then. I’m medium in the normal one and i tried large in the hydro ones which were way too small. Went for XL in the end.

Sui
    Free Member

Can confirm medium hydros are smaller than medium briskers. I bought a pair, rode with them thinking they may stretch out a bit, but noticed they start to really pull on the tips of your fingers when you’re on the bars. Annoyingly, the same night i tried them, i lost one of them when i left them on the bike rack and drove off… now got 50% hydros that dont fit – coincidentally exactly the same thing i did with my briskers…..

joemgh

I’m looking around and these threads are a bit confusing. There seem to be three types: Brisker; Hydromatic; and Brisker Hydromatic.

From what I can work out between the lines, it appears that the Hydromatics are ok sizing compared with the Briskers, but the Brisker Hydromatics are a bit/lot tighter.

Does that sound right?

Sui
    Free Member

Sort of, there are 3 models (we’re all talking about – there’s loads of 100% gloves)

Brisker = fit normal
    Hydro’s = come up small
    Brisker Hydo = possibly fit normal (no idea not tried)

i think the later i proper winter types, as opposed to just waterproof. That said the normal hydros do have a light fleecy liner in them, so who knows!?

chiefgrooveguru

I really like the normal Briskers in the cold but they’re pretty hopeless when it’s wet AND cold. Are the Hydromatic Briskers the answer?

My other thought was using TX10 or something on the Briskers so they stay drier, as they seem to soak up rain fast and lose their insulation.

Superficial
    Free Member

I really like the normal Briskers in the cold but they’re pretty hopeless when it’s wet AND cold. Are the Hydromatic Briskers the answer?

They are quite different. The Brisker Hydromatics are a much more substantial glove – not as bulky as the full-on winter gloves I have, but a nice in-between. I use them for commuting loads, but they’re a bit too thick for my preference for MTB so I’ll only wear them if it’s extremely wet/cold. And unless it’s full-on blizzard conditions I don’t even use the sealskinz thick winter gloves any more.

rockandrollmark

Sort of, there are 3 models (we’re all talking about – there’s loads of 100% gloves)

Brisker = fit normal
    Hydro’s = come up small
    Brisker Hydo = possibly fit normal (no idea not tried)

Yep – Briskers and Brisker Hydros are their winter gloves (the latter being the ones I’ve just bought in size L, and can barely get my small/medium hands into). Hydros are their more a trail-weight waterproof glove.

So, what I can conclude from some of the above posts is that sizing for Brisker Hydros is basically all over the place, with some people saying they’ve fine, and others saying they’re tiny. Sounds to me like this is probably a “Support you LBS” jobbie then.

sotonkona
    Free Member

I’ve had the XL Hydromatics for the last two winters and they’ve been awesome, best winter gloves I have tried. Right pain in the arse to put on and take off though, always feel like I’m going to tear them (I haven’t… yet!), but they have to be tight around the wrist to keep the water out and frankly it works for me! I find them comfy but not so bulky you lose the feel when riding. I’d definitely recommend them, but agree with trying them on first, I do think they could be a bit too tight around the knuckles/palm for some.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Brisker Hydromatic sizing (do they stretch?)’ is closed to new replies.