Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)
  • Bringing back the death penalty..
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

“The most emotive crimes have least safe trials. Imprisonment is reversible”.

No , imprisonment is not reversible . You can get a chunk of money to compensate but you will never get that part of your life back .

Why do so many of the anti Capital Punishment people on here feel the need to insult people who have different views to them , that sort of behaviour got Hitler started , and we all know what his views on this issue were .

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why do so many of the anti Capital Punishment people on here feel the need to insult people who have different views to them

I think Cynic-Al had a good answer to that question…. 😀

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yeah , his answer is that as he is unable to change peoples opinions he’s leaving the thread and insulting people . Obviously a failed debater .

grum
    Free Member

Why do so many of the anti Capital Punishment people on here feel the need to insult people who have different views to them , that sort of behaviour got Hitler started , and we all know what his views on this issue were .

Godwin’s law alert!!!

kudos100
    Free Member

Even though I think some crimes are abhorrent and that the killers don’t really deserve to live, I don’t agree with it.

Working out a way for prisoners to pay towards their stay would be a good idea, rather than having them rotting in cells.

grahamh
    Free Member

Back in 2000, just after Sarah Payne was murders there was a lot of call for the execution/castration of paedophiles. This was the call of some woman being interviewed on the radio. Then the reporter asked, “OK so what if your 16 year old son is caught having sex with his 14 year old girl friend”. “Oh” said the woman, “that would be different…”, the excused spewed forth.
    It’s not all black and white, those so in favour of the death penalty will have lots of exceptions when it come to members of their immediate family.

BoardinBob

If it’s wrong to kill, then it’s wrong to kill. End of story.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just back from the telly…

Anybody else noticed how “ilovemygears” has disappeared and the thread has turned into yet another “everybody argue with TJ” marathon?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If it’s wrong to kill, then it’s wrong to kill. End of story.

You’d think so; wouldn’t you?

Klunk
    Free Member

the full life term is a great punishment, must send them slowly mad, knowing that every day of the rest of your life is going to be the same miserable day in the same miserable 10 by 6.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was having a laugh.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, the ‘Edinburgh Defence’. 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve never, and will never, do that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not for another 5 minutes at least… 😉

dekadanse
    Free Member

Execution for all mis-spellers!

donsimon
    Free Member

Wow.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually you are right.

I genuinely think.pro.death penalty types are.thick.

bullheart
    Free Member

Anybody else noticed how “ilovemygears” has disappeared and the thread has turned into yet another “everybody argue with TJ” marathon?

Absolutely bang on observation… 😉

ILMG is an excellent troll, and I have a hunch who he is, but his modus operandi is very effective. I’ve nearly bitten on a couple of occasions now…

Ton – In my heart I truly wish that you were a troll. It would mean that your simple, simple arguments designed to encourage the sort of feverish responses ILMG gets. Unfortunately, I fear this is not the case and that saddens me. Because chances are you’re just like my dad – a simple man with blinkered opinions, who’s just scared of modern society and this issues that come with it.

MSP

A lot has been made of the “father of a murdered child” scenario.

60% of child murders are committed by the parents
    20% of child murders are committed by other children
    A big chunk of the remaining are committed by other close family members.

Stranger murder against children is close to being a statistical anomaly.

Given the reality of the requirements of protecting children, who among the “pro death” supporters are campaigning for increased government spending on social services and health services, how many of them would accept regular visits and questioning from the social services?

crispo
    Free Member

To be honest I find it quite sad that people can have such views on the death penalty.

The case anybody has made for it is purely revenge with little real thought to the concequences of getting it wrong rather than shugging their shoulders and saying “it the price to pay” however it is far too easy to just say that however if it was you how would you feel!?

Besides this point I also feel that the death sentance is pointless too as it is an “easy way out”. Why do so many people who go on killing sprees end up killing themselves? The thought of having to spend everyday for the rest of my life in a cell being not able to do anything is much worse.

I know most of this has been covered at length in this topic but just felt like id chip in. Probably a bit pointless though……

mcboo
    Free Member

I’ve only read the thread title, suffice just to skip right to the end and suggest the usual suspects have been throwing mud since say, the top of page two?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It saddens me to read people thinking the death penalty is ok. Murder is so wrong that I must respond with murdering you ….what sort of logic is at work here? It is simply about revenge and an eye for an eye whihc leave sthe whole world blind.
    Those who think that some innocent[ non guilty] deaths are an acceptable cost for the death penalty really should have a word with themselves.
    It is worth noting that Ian Brady and Myra Hindley committed their criimes when the death penalty was still law but were tried after it had been withdrawn- that is the death penalty is unlikely to stop the type of henious crimes some want to use it for.
    It is worth noting that both were mentally ill.

Lifer
    Free Member

Why do so many of the anti Capital Punishment people on here feel the need to insult people who have different views to them

Because anyone who is for Capital Punishment is a bloodthirsty vindictive mouthbreather and should be reminded of that fact at every opportunity. There is no place for human sacrifice in a civilised society.

Yeah but the death penalty reduces murder rates!

No it doesn’t – shut up.

Well killing them is cheaper than keeping them alive, in prison!

No it’s not – shut up.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah but that’s just because the US has an inefficient system. If you use Judge Dredd, all that time wasting on expensive appeals is avoided.
    Or take a leaf out of Uzbekistan, where they make it cost neutral by charging the family for the bullets used.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Is ILMG a troll?

I thought from one post he was a nurse in training, from another one he was a TV, and from all the rest he has some language and intellectual challenges to surmount. Or is this just a ruse?

Anyway – what I resent more than anything is that this thread forces me to agree with and defend TJs point of view 😳

Viewing 25 posts - 241 through 265 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Bringing back the death penalty..’ is closed to new replies.