Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 265 total)
  • Bringing back the death penalty..
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’ve voted for it, not because I think it will happen, indeed I’m sure it won’t, but because as a trade-off it may result in life sentences that are longer than the current bad jokes.

Cougar

Do you have children, if some one raped and killed one how would you feel, i expect the rights of the killer would be high on youre list!

Oh, I’d want to kill them, sure. But I wouldn’t. Because it’s the wrong thing to do. I’d really want to, a lot. But I couldn’t live with the consequences if it later turned out I’d made a mistake.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    Do you have children, if some one raped and killed one how would you feel, i expect the rights of the killer would be high on youre list!
    Oh, I’d want to kill them, sure. But I wouldn’t. Because it’s the wrong thing to do. I’d really want to, a lot. But I couldn’t live with the consequences if it later turned out I’d made a mistake.

you dont have kids do you?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Crossed posts – answer the question. Read up on Stephen downing..

Are you happy for innocent people to be executed – ‘cos that is what will happen.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

before we bring back the death penalty we could take a leaf out of this guys book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

How a prison should be- chain gangs, prisoners forced to wear pink underwear, living in tents etc

Three_Fish
    Free Member

We are the most violent of animals.

Not really. The big difference is that we can understand what choice is.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben – do you want to punish people or do you want to reduce crime?

There is a huge amount of work that shows what reduces crime – and its not harsh jail conditions and long sentences. If it were the US and the UK would have far lower crime rates as we have some of the harshest sentencing around

Come on ilovemygears – answer the questions.

Cougar

you dont have kids do you?

No, I don’t. So I can make a logical call as to what is morally correct without an emotional reaction clouding my judgement.

If I did, and I caught someone in the act, I’d probably kill them myself. But I wouldn’t then be labouring under the misapprehension that I’d done the right thing.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Crossed posts – answer the question. Read up on Stephen downing..

Are you happy for innocent people to be executed – ‘cos that is what will happen.

we will have to make sure in a way that id 100% cant be to hard, i mean Fred West , and others that that rape and kill kids are clearly guilty and must die, in pain screaming in agony for hours!!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

If I did, and I caught someone in the act, I’d probably kill them myself. But I wouldn’t then be labouring under the misapprehension that I’d done the right thing.

but killing them is the right thing

ton

what would we have done with people like
    derrik bird (sp?)
    micheal ryan
    thomas hamilton

who between them killed 50 people.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

listen to this, this man needs to die in pain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI9YSVXUc5c&feature=related

grum
    Free Member

others that that rape and kill kids are clearly guilty and must die, in pain screaming in agony for hours!!

You really enjoy thinking about all this stuff don’t you. 😐

Three_Fish
    Free Member

and others that that rape and kill kids are clearly guilty and must die, in pain screaming in agony for hours!!

You couldn’t do it. You would defer responsibility because you could process what you had done. That is why you support such behaviour.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

we will have to make sure in a way that id 100% cant be to hard,

What is it then? At the moment its “beyond reasonable doubt” thats the standard of proof required.

Now please define a new standard that means Fred West gets executed but the Birmingham 6 or Stephen Downing don’t.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member
    and others that that rape and kill kids are clearly guilty and must die, in pain screaming in agony for hours!!
    You couldn’t do it.

all i need is a drill, a funnel and some house hold bleach!

Cougar

Thanks for proving my point. That’s your emotions talking, not your brain.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

murderess that involves sexual violence should receive death!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

TJ, harsh sentences are only such when you actually serve the full sentence and don’t get released mid way through like the chap from the Baby P case the other day.

And yes, I do want to punish people.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    Thanks for proving my point. That’s your emotions talking, not your brain.

its the right thing as they cant do it any more if they are dead, they cant reproduce and pass on there dna.

Cougar

You are a troll AICMFP.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I love these threads. They’re the quickest and simplest way of working out which posters have an opinion that is worth listening to and which posters are to be added immediately to the ignore-as-they-are-ignorant list.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So no incentive to behave inside then?

You want crime to increase then? ‘cos harsh punishment increases reoffending rates.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

TJ, harsh sentences are only such when you actually serve the full sentence and don’t get released mid way through like the chap from the Baby P case the other day.

yes we live in a country were you can kill a baby and get 2 years, yes what a **** civilised country were truly are!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ilovemygears – can we have an answer to te central point

#
    TandemJeremy – Member

“we will have to make sure in a way that id 100% cant be to hard”,

What is it then? At the moment its “beyond reasonable doubt” thats the standard of proof required.

Now please define a new standard that means Fred West gets executed but the Birmingham 6 or Stephen Downing don’t.

grum
    Free Member

And you want to watch right? Maybe see some sexual violence inflicted on them too? Perhaps you could tape it and watch it over and over again. 😐

Cougar

Out of interest TJ, and because I’d like to talk to someone with an IQ higher than a warm glass or water, you mentioned that (paraphrasing) there are more effective ways of discouraging crime. What are they?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

nope so what they wouldn’t be getting out any way.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

grum – Member
    And you want to watch right? Maybe see some sexual violence inflicted on them too? Perhaps you could tape it and watch it over and over again.

nope it wolnt be sexual, just very bloody!

ton

any of you bloke having a two penneth on this thread got kids?
    i know teej has not so he is exempt from answering.

can you imagine a bloke being allowed to live after he has been found guilty of and sentenced for sodomising and murdering your teenage daughter?

and answer me honestly……..would you want him to die.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Answer me honestly: would you do it yourself?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member
    Answer me honestly: would you do it yourself?

yes, yes i would!

ton

kill him?
    without a flicker of guilt.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

yes, yes i would!

I wasn’t talking to you, troll.

grum
    Free Member

ton, here’s someone who actually had their child killed, not just imagined how it might feel:

Then, in 1997, Smadar was killed by a Palestinian suicide bomber while shopping in Jerusalem. She was 13. Peled-Elhanan declines to talk about her daughter’s death apart from once or twice referring to “the tragedy”.

At the time, she said that it would strengthen her belief that, without a settlement to the conflict and peaceful coexistence with Palestinians, more children would die. “Terrorist attacks like this are the direct consequence of the oppression, slavery, humiliation and state of siege imposed on the Palestinians,” she told TV reporters in the aftermath of Smadar’s death.

any of you bloke having a two penneth on this thread got kids?

Classic cop-out statement (or troll?).

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Three_Fish – Member
    yes, yes i would!
    I wasn’t talking to you, troll.

me? im not a troll…

BoardinBob

we will have to make sure in a way that id 100% cant be to hard, i mean Fred West , and others that that rape and kill kids are clearly guilty and must die, in pain screaming in agony for hours!!

😕

I can’t believe you’re allowed to vote

iDave
    Free Member

I have kids, if someone killed one of them, and the proof was overwhelming, I’m sure I’d like them to be dead. But I personally wouldn’t kill them. Because that would be the point at which they cease to pay a price. I’d prefer to write to them weekly in prison, and drip feed their suffering until they die of old age.

The death penalty seems to be selected by the hard of thinking. There are always better deterrents and punishments on offer, they just take a bit of thought, and also can’t expect to be a catch all for deviants and spontaneous acts of a deranged or troubled mind.

beej

its the right thing as they cant do it any more if they are dead, they cant reproduce and pass on there dna.

So if they’ve already reproduced, we get to kill their kids too? And grandkids, if there are any?

Seems perfectly fair and reasonable. Excellent! Sensible policies for a happier Britain!

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

You want crime to increase then? ‘cos harsh punishment increases reoffending rates.

No incentives- it should be such an intolerable and frightful experience that they cry for their mummies and never want to return.

Any form of reward in prison negates the reason for sending them, if they don’t leave realising that what they did was wrong and the consequence for doing it is something they would not want to repeat then prisons are obviously too soft.

The obvious solution is for society to identify and work with those most likely to commit crime at an early age to prevent them taking that path, however, thats not practical.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Bringing back the death penalty..’ is closed to new replies.