Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brilliant summary of the Lancestrong, UCI, USDA case
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Well worth a read for a concise and light hearted version of events so far.

http://150wattsofawesome.blogspot.se/

To be continued…

clubber
    Free Member

That sums it up fairly well, particularly the last portion about the way LA and the UCI have tried to claim that USADA aren’t following the rules and then keep getting shown that they are…

The longer this goes on, the less I actually care about whether LA gets done and the more I hope that the UCI are shown up for what they are since they’re still affecting cycling now.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

From the UCI’s POV it’s past history, they’d rather get on with the hopefully clean present. Lance doped (probbaly), everyone before him doped (probably). If you took his 7 titles away and gave them to the 2nd place and did the same tests on their B-samples would they be clean? And the 3rd place, and the 4th? You’d keep going untill you got so far down the list you ended up with some domestique who was so inconsequential in the final result he was never tested, but probably doped.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The UCI can claim back the earnings of any cyclist found using dopage, think of the income it would receive from busting Lance! Maybe they realise just how good the case is against him is and want in.

Mark

Only prize money, which is a very minor part of LA’s income.

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe they realise just how good the case is against him is and want in.

No chance. I reckon that they want to make sure they’re not implicated in a cover up. Particularly as I’m fairly sure that the top management were already involved back then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brilliant summary of the Lancestrong, UCI, USDA case’ is closed to new replies.