Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brightonmtb Thursday night rides
  • infidel
    Free Member

Anyone here go on them? Thought I might join for a ride this evening and wanted to know if I needed to call anyone to ask to join in…

Ta,
    Mark

edit for poor spelling!

bigsi
    Free Member

Nope just turn up at the sports centre car park on Sussex Uni campus.

They are a great bunch of guys and know some fantastic "secret" trails round Stanmer Park. The milage is not too high but the grin factor is.

I'm not able to get over there tonight to join them but there's always a group there ready to make new comers very welcome.

If you like singletrack then you'll love it 😀

infidel
    Free Member

Fantastic – thanks.

burmaboy
    Free Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! My gf is at Sussex !! Another excuse to bring one of my toys along with the bmx / cross bike and surf board!!

singletrackmind

Just get there 15 mins early, try and find Mike ( Ti Ht ) Say Hi. It will be abit messy up there tonight. There are some good sections of singletrack, and some short sharp climbs. Its a little fast and furious out the car park , so if you need a little time to warm up teh legs suggest a few sprints round the car park.
    All good riders, technical , very friendly and enthusiastic.

GlennG
    Free Member

Be warned if your riding the singletrack round the back of stanmer 'the secret trails 😉 rode it monday night and someones put a lot of logs, branches, etc every 20ft or so across the trail, pretty much along the whole length of the second trail, cleared the bigger ones. One branch got into the front wheel and ripped out some spokes so now got to replace them and re-true the wheel.

Always worries me when someone starts sabbotaging trails as you never know what coming round the corner (esp at night)

woodsman
    Free Member

It was fine last night – no sabbotage noted!

I might make it tonight too, if it's still dry in Brighton by 6.30, is my plan. Pi$$ing it down here in Horsham!

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

What time do you all meet? I'm up t'road at Lewes and fancy it one week

singletrackmind

meet at 6.45 roll at 7pm. Usually 2 – 2 1/2 hours weather and rider depending.
    not for me, I do the weekend rides.

infidel
    Free Member

Got home (also in Lewes) to hurricane bernard. Maybe next week!

Lifer
    Free Member

Yeah what times are these rides? Also woodsman are you a Horsham resident?

banjowhacker
    Free Member

What!? I bloody work at Sussex Uni; why did i not know about this!?
    Think i'll go along after work next week. 🙂

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Where in Lewes are you Infidel?

woodsman
    Free Member

7 every Thurs, a trundle through the singletrack at Stanmer until 9 usually – no open downs riding.

Lifer – yes the very same! And you are… 🙂

Pete

Lifer
    Free Member

I'm just by Littlehaven station!

infidel
    Free Member

cheeky – up by the castle. You?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brightonmtb Thursday night rides’ is closed to new replies.