Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brighton restaurants
  • jet26
    Free Member

Down there next week with the mrs over her birthday.

Can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat? Preferably not too stuffy, but otherwise somewhere that does good food. Budget wise anything within vaguely sensible limits.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Terre a terre.

I have a properly balanced approach to diet, but still think this place is excellent.

😉

tomzo
    Free Member

Terre a terre – great vegetarian restaurant, really different and unique dishes.

Chilli Pickle – best indian i’ve ever had. Not a korma or tikka masala in sight.

Curry Leaf – not been but highly recommended.

Food for friends – vegetarian restaurant, slightly more ‘normal’ dishes that terre a terre. Very good though.

Plateau – great french inspired sharing platters. Really good.

64 degrees – probably the best food i’ve ever had but its all tasting items and its a small restaurant and very much about the food as opposed to relaxed dining environment. You can sit right on the bar at the open kitchen but if I went again I would try and sit away from it on one of the tables. Highly recommend going if she’s a foodie though.

john_l
    Free Member

All of the above.

Had a great meal in the curry leaf this week.

jet26
    Free Member

Thanks all, there for three nights so may sample more than one of those suggested.

More ideas welcome…

mrmoofo

Chilli Pickle was great – but I think it is now over-rated. Fussy, pretentious and the hottest restaurant in the world
    Planet India ( veggie Indian) is meant to be very good …
    64 Degrees is meant to be fantastic
    The Coalshed has good reviews …
    Sam’s in Kemptown used to be good …
    24 (St Georges) – loved by critics – but I left hungry ….
    The Gingerman gastropubs are good – though not going through their best phase at the moment.
    Lucky Beach is meant to be good of burger / hash type food.
    Terre a’Terre – it’s veggie, it’s okay, but it’s expensive and a bit up it’s own arse these days!
    Bankers for fish and chips is pretty good
    It’s Speed Week next w/e so it will be heaving – it’s worth booking up!

Thankfully, the truly dreadful Pie Society has gone bust, shame it doesn’t take the Cornish Pasty Company with it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brighton restaurants’ is closed to new replies.