Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brighton Locals
  • milky1980
    Free Member

I’m doing the London-Brighton Off-Road ride at the end of the month and need a bit of local info!

I’m planning to park the car in Brighton somewhere on the Friday and leave it there ready for when I finish the ride on the Saturday evening. Any tips onto the cheapest car parks to use? Secure is the priority, anything better than either of the NCP’s on Church Street and Russell Road? Happy to ride 2-3 miles after the event finish on the seafront if that’ll save me a few quid 🙂

wwaswas

Head along the seafront towards Portslade – once you get past Hove lagoon there’s free parking and no time restrictions.

[edit] it’s on street parking though but very ‘low crime’

milky1980
    Free Member

Will keep it in mind as an option, will have the bike rack on the back seats though (towbar type, doesn’t fit in the boot) so mostly worried about that being taken!

smatkins1
    Free Member

If you want a more upper class place than Portslade to leave your car, if you head up Dyke Road (look it up on a map) once you get past the Tesco Petrol station you can park in the residential areas either side of Dyke Road. This also puts you in a good strategic location for driving out of Brighton. It does mean riding up a hill to get to your car though!

DaRC_L

Smatkins are you commenting on the value of West Hove and Port Slaad as opposed to Dyke Road Avenue (the Avenue is all important)!

There are secure car parks in town but they will cost you massively for a 24 hours stay.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Why yes DaRC_L, we can’t have milky1980 mixing with the riffraff in Portslade.

wwaswas

Portslade Wild West Hove

ftfy 😉

milky1980
    Free Member

I knew this would turn into a locals slagging match 😆

NCP are coming back as £35 for parking for 36 hours, a bit steep!! On-street might be worth the risk, as long as the locals don;t mind me changing and spoiling the view 8)

DaRC_L

Portslade Wild West Hove

Have you been to the D’Anglers on a friday night 🙂

Or have a look here

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Locals’ is closed to new replies.