Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brighton/Hove – stolen bike. Where to look ?
  • scaredypants

Hello Sussexy people

Daughter’s bike nicked in Hove. I’m pissed off as I spent a lot of time putting it together, though it’s not massively expensive.

It is pretty unique* ** though, so I’m wondering which bike shops and cash converters she should talk to

*FWIW:

Octane One Gridd frame&fork, like this:
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com//octane-one-gridd-gravel-frameset-2019/rp-prod179138?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=GB

Bright orange, horrid saddle

10sp shimano (road STIs, mtb mech). Selcoff drop bars

Road BB7s (I think, maybe TRPs)

**(Reward for the scalp of the thief, obvz)

alanl
    Free Member

Facebook Marketplace was where my OH’s bike ended up 3 weeks later. We did get it back.
    Mine never resurfaced, FB and Ebay searches were saved and checked regularly.

scaredypants

Thanks; yeah, I started on those last night.
    Almost don’t want to find it though, as I’m too far away to help go get it. Not sure how many big, scary blokes she knows to help out – or did the police get involved ?

Pauly

Do you want to share it on the Brighton MTB Facebook page?

mrmoofo

Gumtree and FaceBook Marketplace would be the first place to look
    As said about Brighton MTB pages – may the South Downs MTB one – but I doubt that will the target market, they will keep an eye out

wwaswas
    5lab

about 10 years ago my housemates bike (complete beater) got nicked outside sainsbury’s on lewes road. 2 days later I was at a house party on richmond road, i happened to glance over the fence and there was his bike as well as ~50 others. We nicked his bike back and then called the police.

so richmond road? They might have moved on though..

matt_outandabout

Don’t only look local – set up saved searches on Facebook, eBay and Gumtree.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brighton/Hove – stolen bike. Where to look ?’ is closed to new replies.