Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Brighton food recommendations
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

will be in need of a nice meal tonight.

The missus is currently on a healthy kick so somewhere with lots of veggie/salads choice, but also I’m not so somewhere where i can fill up on something meaty.

Can be anything, no limits cuisine wise.

not too expensive mind.

tah

g5604
    Free Member

terre a terre ?

northernmatt

Hop Poles is nice

bikebouy
    Free Member

That excellent Wine and Cheese shop in Hove.. (It sells meat too) Damn it’s a fine place to scoff yourself silly and get tipsy..

wwaswas

terre a terre ?

although being veggie it does rather forgo the ‘meaty’ bit it’s well worth going with an open mind.

warton
    Free Member

That excellent Wine and Cheese shop in Hove.. (It sells meat too) Damn it’s a fine place to scoff yourself silly and get tipsy..

yep, lush, and the seafood bar on the seafront…

wait4me

Riddle & Finn? Can’t get healthier than fish. And for you sir, the fish pie will leave you most satisfied 🙂

VanHalen

The tiny Chinese place across from the dome is probably the best food I’ve had in brighton. It’s tiny looks carp and usually PACKED but good.

Everywhere else is just a bit ok.

Actually had a nice meal in the restaurant at the bottom of that lane with resident records on. That was a while back tho and it’s probably a carp poncy coffee bar now.

Oh and the tapas at the cafe in saltdean seafront is dead good too. Much better that the popular ones in town.

Unithai in hove is good but really expensive and only open in the day I think.

You could go for sushi. You can order a meat feed up while she eats those strange bean things. The sushi bars are kind of ok. Moshimoshi by town hall is ok.

Riddle and fins is waaay over priced. Ok but you pay. Brighton doesn’t have a really nice seafood culture which I always found odd as the fish landed in portslade is really good.

kbomb
    Free Member

The Basketmakers is a great central pub with decent food for both of you, or the Eagle across the road has great food too. Plenty of good restaurants around, but surely pubs win.

VanHalen

Is the grays on southover still really good? 6 years ago I used to live up the road and the food was amazing. The chef retired when we moved out so I’ve not been back since.

speed12
    Free Member

Giggling Squid in the Lanes – properly good Thai

grievoustim
    Free Member

Giggling Squid as above is great
    Curry Leaf Cafe for really good south Indian style food, also in the Lanes (have good beer too). Thus is my favorite really. It’s fairly small and busy so book
    Pompoko for cheap and cheerful cafe style Japanese
    The Coal Shed for steak etc (also have fish for the wife)
    The New Club

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Terre a Terre bloody lovely.

chris_db
    Free Member

I enjoy a visit to the Eastern Eye curry house on London Road when I’m in town.

warton
    Free Member

my and my wife are in Brighton (hove really) this weekend, for my sisters 50th.

we’ve ditched the kids for the weekend, and we want a couple of chilled afternoon drinks on the saturday, so, sorry for the hijack, but what are the best pubs? Cosy, traditional one really…

BillMC

An excellent breakfast can be had at Silo. Can’t vouch for dinner as we couldn’t get in, all booked up.

avdave2

Food for Friends is another good veggie option.
    Planet India again veggie is very good for curry, a really no frills place and good value.It was actually first recommended to me by a couple of carnivores in a BBQ place as they chomped through ribs.

Oh and the tapas at the cafe in saltdean seafront is dead good too. Much better that the popular ones in town.

I’ve lived in Saltdean for the past 14 years and had no idea they did good tapas, I’ve been in a couple of times when they’ve had music on and a few people ended up walking up to the off licence to get a drink after the wait at the bar threatened to end in them dying of thirst. Hopefully it’s better when it’s not got an event on.

speed12
    Free Member

Oh, and the Chilli Pickle – well worth a look for a ‘non-curryhouse-bowl-of-red-slop’ Indian

pictonroad

Chilli Pickle is very well regarded amongst the veges and non veges round here, book now though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Thanks all currently sat awaiting food in the basketmakers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Brighton food recommendations’ is closed to new replies.