Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brighton Cafe Recommendations?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Heading for a ride out to the coast on Friday. Cafe recommendations with outside seats to refuel us for the ride back, if you please?

muggomagic

There’s a couple of cafes on hove lawns or as you get to Brighton beach they’re mainly beach front bars.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers – any particular ones that you think would suit a couple of sweaty cyclists needing fuel?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cyclistm
    Free Member

Most suitable would probably be carats cafe. It’s along the coast towards Shoreham.

Home

jimdubleyou

More of a Caff, that a Cafe, but: The Market Diner – home of the Gutbuster.

http://www.marketdinerbrighton.co.uk/

muggomagic

the one near the i360 is good. Think it’s called the meeting place or something like that anyway.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will check them out.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Not on the seafront, but Cafe Plenty is very bike-friendly, and next to Rayments Cycles in case you need a bike shop too.

fionap

Not much seating outside, but Sugardough at the far end of Hove Lawns has the best bread, pastries and cakes in Sussex. You could get takeaway and sit on the seafront.

JoB
    Free Member

the eateries on Brighton seafront tend to be noisy and expensive so head sideways a bit into Hove if you can, Marrocos on Hove seafront for pizza/ice cream/lying down for a bit

(the Meeting Place as mentioned up there is quite expensive also for what it is, and the coffee is truly dire :-0)

Carats Cafe is a good call, and it also means you can return via the Adur Valley through the Downs for a change of scene, and less hill

muggomagic

I’m more of a tea and bacon sandwich guy so if you are after decent coffee and nice food then I might not be the best judge.
    I quite like that little cafe which must be right underneath the i360 now. Can’t remember it’s name but I do remember suffering after a long ride and I had the most amazing milkshake there.

Edit: it’s called Bucket and Spade.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

The Regency – end of thread

Along towards Hove right opposite the new viewing tower.

On the sea front, bike friendly, tons of outdoor seating, food ranges from a bacon & egg sarnie to a large cod and chips for decent prices.

http://theregencyrestaurant.co.uk/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Cafe Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.