Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Brighton Big Dog 2019..who’s in…?
  • Kryton57

Oh, ouch.  I didn’t ride the B line so that’ll be why I didn’t see it.

wwaswas

Faster than B Line but more technical (although those steep turns on B seem to catch people out on a regular basis) – not sure they make it clear what the choice is really.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

When do they announce the dates for the next years Big Dog?

It’s the only MTB race I’ve wanted to do but not managed to yet as I can never get holiday from work for it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrP

Faster than B Line but more technical

Now…Me and a few others stand by the idea teh B line (left line) was waaay faster than the A line…
    By a long shot too now the ‘final zig zag on teh grass’ had been removed!

DrP

Yak

Heal up well to both injured riders.

Yeah the bombhole on the b line. Despite knowing it I always send the exit at least once a race then remember why I shouldn’t as it always seems sketchy on the landing, well for me at least. We tested the a and b lines in practice and reckoned the b was a touch faster but it’s good to have both for when it’s busy.

mccraque

Even though I know it is there, I always miss the left in to the B Line, so end up on Derelict Downhill….which I like anyway and think prefer to the Bombhole finish.

Just had a text from my friend. He’s ok. Doesn’t need a back brace, but will be off the bike for circa 3 months. What a bummer, but could have been a lot worse.

iain65
    Free Member

First Big Dog for me, really enjoyed it and can’t believe the course was not a mud bath, it rode really well!
    Rode in GV pairs and ended up second, very impressed by the prizes! My mate won vets and got a cheque for £150, a set of Hunt wheel and a load of other stuff.
    Great to see so many people there, can’t believe how tough that first climb became on my last lap, good for nothing on Sunday…

Mascy
    Free Member

Took the Zaskar to second in retro pairs this year – thanks to the Antiques Roadshow guys who were in second but ‘fessed up to cutting a lap short due to mechanical issue. Very sporting of you chaps.

As has been said – stunned at the dry trails, @JoB arrived back after his lap with near dusty & certainly clean tyres, couldn’t believe he’d actually been out. He then gave me the bad news about my team mate having broken a chain on Lap 1. He also cracked his RTS which was a bit of a shame, but not surprising given it’s age I guess!

windyg
    Free Member

I rode the A line 1st lap but thought the B was faster, next time through the B line bomb hole I went way too fast, you can really launch out of that 🙂 I squashed it a bit after that.
    The A line was closed at one point around 4:30’ish i guess for a crash?

Kryton57

Thats annoying.  If I’d have been in the right category id have been on the podium!

TimP
    Free Member

Ended up breaking out of the tea tent and did a lap on my (new to me) cross bike. It really wasn’t all that grippy! I couldn’t have puckered any more going down to the rooty drops so got off and walked!!

Pretty happy with 40th place, bearing in mind I had no intention of going out when I left home so had no proper kit and then turned down the loan of a real bike from several people.

muggomagic

I’ve always said you are a far better rider than you are a tea pourer.

DrP

I rated him as about the 35th best tea pourer….

DrP

wwaswas

Faster than A Line but more technical (although those steep turns on B seem to catch people out on a regular basis) – not sure they make it clear what the choice is really.

Fixed that for me.

TimP
    Free Member

I rated him as about the 35th best tea pourer….

DrP

I’ve always said you are a far better rider than you are a tea pourer.

The wind made it very difficult to attempt a decent pour from height. I’ll be honest t wasnt my best year. There was a lot of spillage

wwaswas

Faster than A Line but more technical (although those steep turns on A seem to catch people out on a regular basis) – not sure they make it clear what the choice is really.

Oh FFS.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Another fantastic event. Huge thanks to everyone involved in putting on this amazing event.

zissou
    Free Member

Agreed about the B line being quicker- twice I missed the tight left after crossing the fire road and rode through quite a stiff tree branch 😅

First lap feeling cocky and knowing I was on a decent time, hit that booter/jump on A line harder than I should as there was a crowd and a camera, somehow saved the resulting mess of a landing where I was sure the trees were going to end my day- lesson was definitely learnt!

zissou
    Free Member

Here’s a podcast we recorded about the event- have a look if you’re bored on a Friday!

Big Dog Pod

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Brighton Big Dog 2019..who’s in…?’ is closed to new replies.