Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bright lights
  • hooja
    Free Member

my old lights are pretty outdated so its time for some new ones. Thought nows the time to buy some, before the nights start crawling in and everyones after some.
    Anyone got any recommendations for around £150ish?
    oh, off road use by the way.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Deal Extreme for £55 or whatever you get the exchange rate at? Quite taken with mine for the cash.

hooja
    Free Member

These goldenwonder?
    HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set

Seems like alot of light for the money. whats the quality like?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They're good for the price, I bought a set as a back up for Mountain Mayhem, but now use them more than my old Hope Vision HID. Rubbish mount as it fits on the bars with an O ring, so vibrates a bit & doesn't come with anyway to fasten the battery to the stem, so I just use a velcro strap. Very pleased with them performance wise though. Probably closer to 500 real life lumen though rather than the theoretical 900 they claim.

MoreCashThanDash

I went for these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SSC-P7-LUMENS-CYCLE-POWERFUL/dp/B003F0627M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1273174256&sr=1-1

which I think are basically the same just in a more exensive UK based shop, and with a proper bracket rather than O rings – the main reason I went for them as I'd heard the O ring ones were not always secure.

They are basic but bright, and more than enough for my needs.

tron
    Free Member

I suspect it's worth waiting until you need lights if you're buying from DealExtreme. LED technology is moving pretty fast, and as they ship worldwide, there may be less seasonality.

ButtonMoon

I bought a Nuke Proof Reactor from CRC and notice that they still have them in stock. I was very impressed and would recommend giving them a look.

mrmo
    Free Member

having watched the deal extreme threads last winter get the lights before the winter rush. Personally i have a set of ayups and am happy with them

0091paddy
    Free Member

Go for the dealextreme lights. Me and 7 or so friends are chuffed with them!

hooja
    Free Member

im pretty tempted with the dealextremes but the nuke proof looks way better quality and crc price is good….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bright lights’ is closed to new replies.