Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Brief DVLA rant
  • TheFlyingOx

Never have I had the misfortune to have to deal with such an inept, yet oddly beyond reproach, cluster***k of a department.
    Over the past 2 months, I have sent off no less than 3 V5C Registered Keeper documents, one of which cost me £25 because they lost the original when I tried to change my address details. They “don’t appear to have received” any of them. Even the one I sent as “signed for”.

And in the interests of efficiency and better customer service, the government has decided to close all local DVLA offices and rely on the telephone/post/internet shambles I’m currently royally f***ed off with.

Now in the process of moving house again, within the next week or so, and I have 3 V5Cs with correspondence that will only come to my soon-to-be old address, because the useless cocks won’t allow anything to be done via phone or internet.

wwaswas

extra points for the double post.

z1ppy

too comprehensible, lacking random caps.. 7.5/10 😉

kayak23

Could use more cussing.
    7/10

franksinatra

Obviously never had to deal with the department that do Child Tax Credits then.

Or Talk Talk

Or Student Loans Company

wrecker
    Free Member

I am very anti privatisation. Except for the DVLA and HMRC. The services just could not possibly get any worse. Shut the lot and ship them out.
    Complete and utter f***wits without any accountability. Hate is not a strong enough word.

TheFlyingOx

Or Student Loans Company

Oddly enough, I spoke to them last Friday and they were brilliant.
    Phoned them to change over to Direct Debit payments and they told me they hadn’t taken this years payments into account for the statement they’d sent. I read off from my payslips, they adjusted the amount and said “do you want to pay that off now on the phone, and we’ll just cancel your account”. Done and done, and now I’m Student Debt free about 9 months before I thought I would be. Took about 10 minutes in total.

The DVLA though….

SamB
    Free Member

^^^ Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched… I’d wait until you get your next payslip before celebrating that you’re not paying off student loan any more.

I tried to switch to Direct Debit for my SLC loan two months ago. They completely failed to manage that, so now I have to pay off the full amount and pray that they somehow manage to stop collecting through HMRC before my next pay slip arrives. I look forward to calling them on a day-by-day basis to check progress 👿

glupton1976
    Free Member

Could use more cussing.

**** off with that shitey word you utter **** ****. 😀

stumpy01

Now in the process of moving house again, within the next week or so, and I have 3 V5Cs with correspondence that will only come to my soon-to-be old address

Royal Mail forwarding is only about £30 for a year. And there’ll be other stuff you’ll need forwarding.

But yeah. It does sound pretty rubbish. Good use of an angry face.

highclimber
    Free Member

Or Student Loans Company

I cannot think of anyone worse than these (BT possibly)?

DrP

[Quote]Oddly enough, I spoke to them last Friday and they were brilliant.
    Phoned them to change over to Direct Debit payments and they told me they hadn’t taken this years payments into account for the statement they’d sent. I read off from my payslips, they adjusted the amount and said “do you want to pay that off now on the phone, and we’ll just cancel your account”. Done and done, and now I’m Student Debt free about 9 months before I thought I would be. Took about 10 minutes in total.[/quote]

And the deception begins 9 months early…..

DrP

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ve never had an problem with the SLC and the DVLA were very efficient and helpful on the occasions when i had to contact the,.

higthepig
    Free Member

OP, dry your eyes, they have stuffed me up even more. I returned back to the UK and had to re-register my car, told the only way I could do it was through Swansea. Took a week for them to send me the form I had to fill in, then told me a photocopy of foriegn registration doc would be ok. I had to get insurance based on the VIN number, £200 for 30 days 3rd party cover, as they might not reassign original UK plates. Two weeks later send paperwork back as I had not included original overseas reg doc despite being told a photocopy would suffice. Sent back to them, 2 weeks later returned as certificate of conformity did not state for L/H side of road and imperial units for speedo, despite doc saying that quite clearly on 1st page. By now my VIN insurance had elapsed and I therefore could not post it back to them for a 3rd attempt, ended up going to a fairly local (90 miles round trip) DVLA office who stated Swansea were a bunch of c0cks and registered my car for me there and then. Total time 4.5 weeks for car being garden ornament, had to buy second car to tide us through school summer holidays and spent more for 30 days VIN insurance than 12 months based on number plate costs. A strngly worded letter of complaint is in the post, don’t suppose it will achieve anything, although I’m ready to escalate.

simmy
    Free Member

A elderly friend of mine got offered an old Micra, one owner from new only driven to church etc as the old guy who owned it had died.

Problem was his relatives couldn’t find the V5 so, via the garage he was getting it from, applied for a new one.

Took 8 weeks. In the meantime, he had sold his other car on the assumption his V5 would be back.

One of my mates got banned for a year due to getting in a police chase, fail to stop, in his own car 🙄 they caught him when he ran off as he tripped over his laces………yeah he is one of ” them ” mates 😆

Anyway his ban is now up and his new licence has come back with full motorbike entitlement, he’s never even took a CBT let alone a motorbike test.

I told him to get in touch with them but, last as I knew, he was looking at Motorbikes 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

It doesn’t sound like he will have a mc licence long one way or the other…

zokes
    Free Member

Didn’t they once famously lose somebody’s MC entitlement, but granted them entitlement to drive a tank???

lerk
    Free Member

They’ve now started printing A category for people to ride trikes – so he probably hasn’t, although I had to look up why my apprentice had cat A on his year old licence!

unknown
    Free Member

I once got caught in a vicious loop when I needed to replace the paper part of my licence and change my address. To do either of those things requires the other to be already done and no one could tell me how to do both at once. I forget how it was eventually resolved but I think someone at a post office dug out the right form for me.

konabunny
    Free Member

Did they officially change the address of your new house to be the same as your old house?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Brief DVLA rant’ is closed to new replies.