Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bridgestreet saddle bags
  • the_lecht_rocks

Anyone got one ?

http://Www.bridgestreet.cc

Jake25
    MoreCashThanDash

Check my posting history, couple of owners replied on saddle bag threads I started.

CTC and Audax UK mags have both reviewed them this year I think.

the_lecht_rocks

ach, well i’ve ordered a medium – see how it goes……….

hilldodger
    Free Member

What version of the saddle clamp did you go for – and any chance of a picture once you set it up ?

avdave2

I have one after seeing a link to it on here. It’s great very simple and the role down means stuff won’t rattle around when it’s not full. Build quality is good as well. I’ve got the longer bracket, although I had the bare minimum of seatpost showing it actually fits very easily. It has a single zipped pocket inside for wallet and keys etc otherwise just the one compartment. I’d definately buy the same again.

MoreCashThanDash

avdave – how easy is it to get stuff in and out – I ‘ve always used bags with an external pocket for getting things out quickly (like route cards on audax rides), so wasn’t sure about the one big opening.

Also wasn’t totally convinced if the clamp would be ok on a carbon seat post, but that may be internet bred paranoia

the_lecht_rocks

well,, great service from Jonathan at bridgestreet – ordered yesterday morning arrived this morning.

well thought out bit of lit, fits great and even only 8 litres medium, it’s got enough space for my swimming kit, work shirt and tee and essentials [phone, walet, tools pump, tubes].

really impressed with it – true test will be monday’s commute….

psling
    Free Member

I have the large on the long bracket for touring/bikepacking. It carries a lot of kit without having to worry about squeezing chunkier bits of kit into narrower bikepacking saddle packs. It has a capacity of 5kg on the long bracket and I use an extra strap through the saddle rails for off-road trips to make it more stable. I like it and it performs well. The only inconvenience for me is that the bracket itself is a seat-tube out on/off procedure. The bag to bracket clip is however simplicity itself.
    It’s well made and so far has stood up to a few knocks and scrapes without ill effects.
    The roll top is easy to use and, once you’ve mastered the straps, can be opened/closed fairly quickly (though I wouldn’t use it for ‘quick access’ bits).

avdave2

Yes if I have one criticism of it then it’s not having a pocket which is accessible from the outside. Opening and closing it though is very easy and quick when it’s mounted but less so off the bike.
    I’ve not tried it yet with a carbon post though I noticed on their web site they do show it attached to carbon posts.

DrP

TLR – I was looking at these from your tripster thread..
    However, at £80 it just seems a bit pricey…
    They look great, and seem ‘simple in design’, but… you could get a ti Airus rack for £88 (at 230gm) then stick any decent rack bag etc on the back – yes it’ll be about £30 more than the bridgestreet, but maybe a lot more usable?

DrP

cr500dom
    Free Member

DrP that’s what I have done, I already have a pair of Ortleibs so its just a rack for me (From Germany) 😀

ton

£80 for a thin canvas bag…..you can buy a top quality caradice bag for the same cash.

http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&under=range&product_id=37

the_lecht_rocks

worked great this morning – time will tell if it remains a suitable option.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bridgestreet saddle bags’ is closed to new replies.