Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bridge cameras
  • ocrider

On a budget < £200, what are the redeeming features?

I am considering a Fujifilm S2500Hd, Olympus Sp-600 or a Nikon L110 for now and the Fuji is a nose ahead because of the viewfinder.

I realise that these may not quite hold the technical nicheness required to enter the great STW twitcher’s bird feeder of fame, but any pointers to look out for on a cheapish crossover camera?

ollie
    Free Member

I’ve got the panasonic FZ38 I’ts a little over your budget I know at around £240 but I’ve had It for six months now and thinks It’s pretty damn good.

Here’s a review If you want to take a look.

I must add that I know diddly squat about photography.

stumpy01

Mate of mine used to work for Fujifilm so regularly used to bring along new cameras to fiddle about with.
    I’m pretty sure that superzoom you mention above is one that we’ve had a play with.
    I seem to remember overall being pretty impressed with it. The zoom was genuinely usable and it took pretty good pics.

I struggle a bit with Fuji menu systems but probably because I don’t use them regularly and I think the cheaper fuji cameras do feel a bit ‘lightweight’ and plasticky. But they work well for and have plenty of features for the price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conqueror
    Free Member

Yeah I know you said bridge… but you could save another 100 quid.. and get a compact system

http://www.abc-digital-cameras.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=13249&a=cpb

ollie
    Free Member

ocrider here’s a link to a thread I started a few months ago, I used the FZ38 for the pics.

Conqueror
    Free Member

For the money the FZ38 is a good buy theres no doubt. If your budget is rigid its certainly a good option.

Quick google and a good price for that:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz38-digital-camera-03635613-pdt.html?srcid=198&tag=LongTailCameras&xtor=SEC-80-GOO&mctag=gg_goog_7904&gclid=CLi7rMnYvqUCFc0f4QodYAo7gA

The Olympus should last you a lot longer though (should you get an itch). As you will be able to add other micro 4/3 lenses, or buy legacy lenses.

ocrider

Awlriiight, awlriiight. You’ve twisted my arm. I’ll have a look at the Panasonic too now that it is being reduced. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a Fuji S9500, great camera so on the assumption its replacement is better I’d highly recomend that

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bridge cameras’ is closed to new replies.