• This topic has 56 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kelvin.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Brian Blessed
  • smiffy

I just saw Jeremy Paxman call him a **** on the tellybox.

zilog6128

Some idiot booked him to host a black-tie event for farmers a few years back, somehow they got onto the subject of badger culling (which of course he is against), things got increasingly tense and ended with him yelling they were all **** and hoped they would die. Then stormed off. Brilliant 😂

kelvin

Why was that not videoed and on the internet! So much dross on YouTube, when we could have that to watch.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmonkey

I work with someone who has punched a polar bear in the face.

I need to hear more about this

oldnick

Mate of mine Steve (you may remember him as “James Workshop”) did a play with him and some other actors (male and female).

Brian and Steve were playing naked warrior dwarves (Steve is 6’4″, Brian is, well, Brian).

I asked him how it went, “Well Brian was full method of course, brought his own sword and bollock naked. Seemed rude not to join in, he lent me a sword too”

It was a radio play.

Cougar

I can totally hear Brian recanting that story years later.

“… so I turned up stark bollock naked and this silly bugger took it seriously and joined in! Should’ve seen the daft bastard, waving a sword about on the radio!”

anagallis_arvensis

Not met Brian Blessed but his daughter 😱

matt_outandabout

I work with someone who has punched a polar bear in the face.

I need to hear more about this

A very sad incident.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/12/polar-bear-attack-andy-buck-horatio-chapple

matt_outandabout

Not met Brian Blessed but his daughter 😱

Tell me she has a beard and a big gob…

Cougar

#NoKinkShaming

anagallis_arvensis

Well she had a big gob!

mattyfez

Can the moderators please edit the title of this tread to all caps.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

matt_outandabout

scruffywelder
    Free Member

stretch…
    Free Member
    Bloody hell @bunnyhop – please can you edit the title!

@funkmaster I think he had a couple of attempts at Everest with HK/ Jagged Globe, apparently a competent mountaineer and very good company on the hill (as you would expect!)

I could well believe he’d be great fun up in the high places of the world but I’d be worrying about avalanches the whole time! 🤣

He’s someone I have a great respect for, especially after hearing him talk many years ago about how his love for the outdoors and animals helped him cope with mental health and alcohol problems (he said that the 60’s and 70’s were mostly a blur of booze, women and regrets) 💔

In my head he is the voice of Mustrum Ridcully every time I read a Discworld book!

BUUUUUUUURRRRRRSSSSSSSAAAAAARRRRRRR!!! 🤣🤣🤣

chakaping
    Free Member

Can the moderators please edit the title of this tread to all caps.

LOL

I was quite touched to see the photo of Jim the Microsoft Paint artist (work featured above) meeting BB IRL the other day.

highlandman
    Free Member

Did I catch a thread in one of the BB conversations on radio2 that he’s working to get a ‘Lost World’ film project off the ground? No doubt with him in full on Professor Challenger role, not hard to imagine!

kelvin

I was quite touched to see the photo of Jim the Microsoft Paint artist (work featured above) meeting BB IRL the other day.

Yeah, I saw that as well. Some lovely recursion on that.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.