Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brexit & my Irish Dog
  • hot_fiat

I’m off to Lanzarote with the family over half term. I’ve managed to palm the dog off to my mum and dad for the week. They’re heading home to Ireland to see the family and will be back on the 3rd. It’s just struck me that the mop-haired gibbon in Downing Street may suddenly impose a pile of ill-conceived bureaucracy between here and there, meaning the dog, who has never traveled “abroad” before (it’s Ireland, we go all the sodding time) might conceivably require actual travel documentation either to cross from the republic into the U.K. or more bizarrely, from the Antrim, into Scotland!

She’s chipped & generally vaccinated, but has no passport. A quick google suggests she can’t get one in time as I reckon she’ll need a vet-administered wormer and possibly a rabies shot with an antibody test. Am I correct?

colp

You are.
    We got it all done so we can take ours to Austria. £170 and about 3 months

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yeah, have theM put it in a kennel. Not worth the risk.

bikebouy
    Free Member

She’s chipped & generally vaccinated, but has no passport.

Are you talking about LyingBloHard or your dog?

kayak23

Sorry, who voted for this shit again? 😠

myti
    Free Member

Dog will be fine. If this deal goes through nothing is changing till December 2020.

Twodogs

Dog will be fine. If this deal goes through nothing is changing till December 2020.

Yeah, but if it doesn’t, and EU don’t give extension…..(probably unlikely)

koldun
    Free Member

Honestly, if your dog gets stuck in Europe it will likely be better off than in post-brexit Britain 😀

ChrisHeath

Honestly, if your dog gets stuck in Europe it will likely be better off than in post-brexit Britain

Well at least you won’t be tempted to eat her when the food runs out.

akira

I’m imagining packs of dogs roaming the streets in post brexit Britain so she’d probably do fine.

hot_fiat

Honestly, if your dog gets stuck in Europe it will likely be better off than in post-brexit Britain

Well at least you won’t be tempted to eat her when the food runs out.

ahh, that’s what they meant by adequate food.

My sister and her husband are heading over too, to look at a property, purely to escape the madness here.

Looks like I might need a plan B of some sort.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brexit & my Irish Dog’ is closed to new replies.