Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • Brexit 50p’s. Uses for.
  • funkmasterp

Other than Amazon, bike sellers, the Far Side and Screen Rant this is it for me and the Internet.

Completely with you on the cookies thing.

dannyh
    Free Member

I would close this thread now as it has diluted the Sensible Thread and wandered off topic in any case.

All of the “so, what are the benefits of Brexit as you see them?” questions and subsequent non-answers should remain in one handy location for all to see.

tthew

I would close this thread now as it has diluted the Sensible Thread and wandered off topic in any case.

I asked for this 2 days ago, and mod Cougar is the one of the perps dragging it off course!

From orbit.
    With fire
    And Bombers
    In his shoes, etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nealglover
    Free Member

The real life equivalent of asking for thread to be closed is

“I’m not interested in this conversation so I’m leaving, but after I’m gone can someone please force everyone else to stop talking about this too?”

mooman
    Free Member

STW seems very much (especially with the regular posters) to be a place with a higher number of individuals who voted Remain and individuals with mental health issues. There have been numerous threads where individuals identify themselves as requiring medication for depression, anxiety etc to confirm this. So is there a correlation between the two?

This Study looks at a similar link – which some may find interesting.

And another from the BMJ

koldun
    Free Member

is there a correlation between the two?

Or as an alternative, perhaps remain voters are generally more in touch with their emotional selves and less prone to delusion? After all, just because you don’t think you have a mental illness, that does not make it so.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Is this the modern equivalent of calling someone a “Joey”?

mooman
    Free Member

.. you sound paranoid Koldun!

kelvin

What do you think those studies showed Mooman?

If this forum has been a place where people can share their experience of mental illness, especially if they have found that has helped them, and even more of it helps others, that can only be a good thing. Some of the most valuable contributions to this forum take that form. Some of the least valuable contributions come from, well… mud slingers like you.

koldun
    Free Member

i would @mooman…to you 😉

pondo

Is this the modern equivalent of calling someone a “Joey”?

Yes. 🙁

jimw
    Free Member

Mooman, as the first study points out in its conclusion

Conclusion Our results are open to different interpretations and should be treated with caution.

Has it been peer reviewed?

the second link is an individual case, could/should it be extrapolated?

kimbers

Considering 1/6th of the population experience mental health issues, then the number of posts in this place are way below average

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41125009

The biggest correlation between how people voted and their backgrounds was education level

By moomams logic that means all leavers must be considerably thicker than remain voters….

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

thepurist

Did you read those articles mooman or just post them after you thought you found headlines that confirmed your position?

dannyh
    Free Member

Did you read those articles mooman or just post them after you thought you found headlines that confirmed your position?

Don’t rush him. He still needs to provide some specifics around the positives of Brexit as he sees them.

mooman
    Free Member

Premier Icon
    kimbers

Subscriber

The biggest correlation between how people voted and their backgrounds was education level

Of course you as a Remainer would try and push that forward 😂

But inequality and polarisation of income is identified as the biggest predictor of MH problems.
    If people here want to assume I am being critical of those with MH problems then so be it – but I have merely pointed out the irrational thoughts individuals have regarding Brexit – and how this can exacerbate their MH issues further.

dannyh
    Free Member

but I have merely pointed out the irrational thoughts individuals have regarding Brexit – and how this can exacerbate their MH issues further.

Your use of the word ‘merely’ is highly amusing. As well as being totally and transparently disingenuous.

kimbers

but I have merely pointed out the irrational thoughts individuals have regarding Brexit

The entirety of Brexit is irrational

You yourself are unable/too scared* to justify it!

*I believe that fear/cowardice a bigger factor than stupidity in driving leave vote

funkmasterp

But inequality and polarisation of income is identified as the biggest predictor of MH problems.

Source?

Cougar

but I have merely pointed out the irrational thoughts individuals have regarding Brexit

Whereas leave is completely grounded in rationality and, well, reality.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

Everything on this page is a lie which has been presented to the public as fact over the years. It’s not hard to see why people might think that leaving is a good idea. But rationally? Do me a quaver, you’ve been played for fools.

I genuinely hope that sooner or later people will realise that they’ve been manipulated, and that they get really angry about it. Over in That Thread they’re asking about brexit positives, there’s one right here. We might see some actual positive change when people stop believing everything they read of the front page of the gutter press and redirect their ire at the people in Westminster who are actually responsible for all their ills.

dannyh
    Free Member

That Thread 

I like to call it the Sensible Thread.

mooman
    Free Member

Posted 26 minutes ago REPLY | REPORT
    Premier Icon
    kimbers

Subscriber

*I believe that fear/cowardice a bigger factor than stupidity in driving leave vote

And as a consequence your opinions and views on Brexit are not of any value; they are simply ignorant and irrational as you identify yourself to be.

dannyh
    Free Member

We might see some actual positive change when people stop believing everything they read of the front page of the gutter press

A difficult one to predict. One thing the gutter press is very very good at is replaying a certain section of society’s prejudices and prurience back to them dressed up as ‘fact’.

It is the very base reason why we are embroiled in this shitshow.

And we used to worry about this stuff in the context of Eastern Bloc brainwashing a la The Ipcress File etc.

The delicious irony of it being done far more successfully here is a bitter one too.

dannyh
    Free Member

And as a consequence your opinions and views on Brexit are not of any value; they are simply ignorant and irrational as you identify yourself to be.

Please show your workings for this.

doomanic

@Cougar you’re having a laugh. This will never be the fault of the Leavers; they will always find someone to scapegoat, their propaganda machine is too good for them to accept any blame.

tomhoward

You don’t get to say who’s opinion has value, especially if you don’t give your own. Thought we’d covered this, change the record.

dannyh
    Free Member

You don’t get to say who’s opinion has value, especially if you don’t give your own. Thought we’d covered this, change the record.

Yes but it is lots of fun trying to get an explanation.

kimbers

I have the testicular fortitude to justify mine, which surely makes them more valuable than those of someone who doesnt ?

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Brexit 50p’s. Uses for.’ is closed to new replies.