Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Brexit 50p’s. Uses for.
  • PrinceJohn

I’ll most likely kill it in the morning.

@Cougar
    you’re starting to sound like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’ve never seen both of them in the same room at the same time, makes you think…

mooman
    Free Member

And of course the Troll name calling from the typical intellectually challenged sort … it’s so predictable😩

There are almost 2000 pages of the same insults on the Loony Thread!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sobriety
    Free Member

And the doubling down on the trolling/winding up in repsonse. You are nothing if not predictable @mooman

convert

https://www.migranthelpuk.org/ for me I think.

But as my contact with real live money is pretty minimal so my donation will be piffling I pledge to add another 9 non brexity 50 pences to the tainted one for every one I get my hands on until 31st Jan 2021.

dannyh
    Free Member

I wont waste my time, and certainly dont see the benefit, giving my own rational when it is only being demanded here to fuel some rabid remainers argument.

There’s no shame in not being able to. No other ‘rabid’ leavers can either.

tomhoward

And of course the Troll name calling from the typical intellectually challenged sort … it’s so predictable

Says the poster using the same insult over, and over, and over again. Yawn. How long til your next tantrum about not being able to voice your opinions, then deliberately not doing when given the chance?

At least get some new material. I miss DTF…

Cougar

I wont waste my time, and certainly dont see the benefit,

Engaging in discussion and putting your point across, something you’ve previously complained that you cannot do because of all those nasty leavers, is a pointless waste of time. Yet popping up every six posts to add little other than calling everybody names is a valuable application of your time and highly beneficial?

Over on the “loony thread” there’s been talk of leavers going quiet as they’ve been “frightened off” by the nasty remoaners. I rather think they’ve gone quiet because they’ve run out of things to say. The first half of that thread was full of leavers disseminating misinformation, half-truths and outright lies, followed by remainers pointing this out (with supporting evidence). Once they realised that it was not in fact an echo chamber and they couldn’t get away with it they gave up.

And I rather suspect, my dear fellow, that that is why you’re reluctant to answer the question. Deep down you know that any arguments you could come up with are built on sand and you’d rather sit there safe in your own beliefs than have that pointed out to you. For years we’ve been asking what those “brexit benefits” are and not one person has managed to come up with any. Which, y’know, is a shame if they want us to “get behind them” as some reasoned arguments might actually convince us to do that. I’d change allegiances in a heartbeat if I genuinely believed we’d be better off.

you’re starting to sound like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

Thanks for noticing. That was intentional. (-:

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

Pretty much sums it up.

mooman
    Free Member

cougar

Over on the “loony thread” there’s been talk of leavers going quiet as they’ve been “frightened off”

No doubt as a result of Dannyh having a #rejoin message on Facebook locked and loaded!!

pondo

Active refusal to debate, trolling for sure. Nice stealth edit, don’t know why you’ve changed it to single out DannyH.

dannyh
    Free Member

don’t know why you’ve changed it to single out DannyH

Probably because I have been pushing hardest for some substance behind the posts.

But I know I’m not going to get any any mooman knows he hasn’t got any.

So, meh, basically.

DrJ

Best suggestion I’ve seen so far is donate them to a refugee charity.

Reminds me of that joke about a Barry Manilow “Concert for Ethiopia(*)”. The Ethiopians called back – “we’re not that hungry”

(*) insert topical famine reference

koldun
    Free Member

No doubt as a result of Dannyh having a #rejoin message on Facebook locked and loaded!!

Yes, i can see how that might be more terrifying than providing a coherent and rational answer to a question.

johnx2
    Free Member

I’m disappointed by this thread.

I came here to find out the stw position on the debate that’s split the nation and turned friends into enemies.
    “Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations.” Okay, colours to the mast: it needs an Oxford comma.

Poopscoop

mooman

irrational beliefs, and exacerbating their already fragile MH

So after politely asking you not to make the link between mental health and political views and explaining why it is not acceptable in this age, you still do it. In fact in your very first post after my comment.

Classy.

Carry on the personal attacks my friend. It says far more about your mindset than mine.

igm

Can I lift the mood back to frivolous stupidly?

How about, if one had two of those Brexy 50p coins, one might download Ode to Joy to get it to Brexit number one?

Essentially stupid, but fun.

cchris2lou

I have a livret de famille and marriage and kids UK birth certificate all registered at the French consulate.

An English family who lives in town just had a letter from the prefecture asking them to sign up for residency.

maccruiskeen

I’m less concerned by an Oxford Comma than the Eton Mess being commemorated 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51269012

chewkw
    Free Member

cougar
    Over on the “loony thread” there’s been talk of leavers going quiet as they’ve been “frightened off”

“… “frightened off”” Really? 🤣
    As one of my friend told me he looked at the referendum and the GE results than sat back to savour every response in the media etc one by one repeatedly. 😂

AD

igm – very good!

As it happens I think I prefer Ode to Joy to the national anthem – traitorous dog that I am… 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

pondo

Subscriber
    don’t know why you’ve changed it to single out DannyH.

it was dannyh who stated he had his ” #rejoin message on Facebook locked and loaded ” on the Loony Thread.

poopscoop – chill fella – there have been no personal attacks on or aimed at yourself. If it helps why not write down the things that confirm and deny your beliefs. You could then work on identifying your negative or inaccurate thinking in regards to these and the personal attack you perceive being aimed at you.

Cougar

“… “frightened off”” Really? 🤣

Not what I’m asserting (in fact quite the opposite), I’m just repeating what’s been said.

As one of my friend told me he looked at the referendum and the GE results than sat back to savour every response in the media etc one by one repeatedly. 😂

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It’s all a big game for some.

dannyh
    Free Member

it was dannyh who stated he had his ” #rejoin message on Facebook locked and loaded ” on the Loony Thread.

Yep, I did say that on the Sensible Thread.

You betcha I am a rejoiner, in the absence of any convincing, rational argument to the contrary how could I be anything else?

That’s logic, is that.

Talking of which, mooman, is there actually any danger of you having a go at explaining the logic of your support for Brexit? The floor is still open, no debate has been shut down. There is literally nothing stopping you.

Three and a half years and you can always get to this point with that most basic of questions – “why?”

Bit sad really.

Poopscoop

mooman

poopscoop – chill fella – there have been no personal attacks on or aimed at yourself. If it helps why not write down the things that confirm and deny your beliefs. You could then work on identifying your negative or inaccurate thinking in regards to these and the personal attack you perceive being aimed at you.

Thanks for the advice but I’m perfectly “chilled” thank you. I’m guessing you mean “pull yourself together” in reality, you know because of my “fragile MH” and all?

As for writing down my “beliefs” in order to correct the error of my ways? Your continued linking of political leanings and mental health is obviously in my imagination you mean? You’re aware depression isn’t linked to irrational thought processes right?

My goodness, can you be anymore patronising?

Like I said though, carry on mooman.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not what I’m asserting (in fact quite the opposite), I’m just repeating what’s been said.

I think they got bored then move on … it’s already old news or history hence not much response. I occasionally drop by the thread but it is soooo boring so just move on.

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It’s all a big game for some.

Yes, for some but I think he (my friend) really dislikes the EU with passion for whatever reasons …

kimbers

It’s true only the trolls are left now

Leavers got bored of being pwnd on the ‘loony thread’

No wonder the world is laughing at the UK !

taxi25
    Free Member

I certainly don’t agree with personal attacks, although in the heat of the moment they do happen. Something I’ve done myself and then regreted.
    But a link to Brexit anxiety and mental health shouldn’t be a taboo subject. It is real and should be discussed. There’s loads of stuff out there about it. A quote ans the article it was taken from.”

“I think that people who already suffer and are being treated for generalised anxiety disorder or depression find that politics or societal problems worsen their mood and worsen their symptoms. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/04/anger-and-frustration-how-brexit-is-affecting-our-mental-health

chewkw
    Free Member

Not everyone is a troll because they don’t want or can’t be asked to response.

I think many might disagree but nevermind.

Two groups of people that laugh at UK.

1. First group – the ones that want to see the break up of EU and UK. They laugh at the disunity.
    2. Second group – The ones that consider UK silly as a country to let another system impose on their own. They laugh because they think UK is incapable of governance.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yet another delicious irony of Brexit – lots of it was down to misplaced, chest thumping nationalism yet all it has brought in an international sense has been richly deserved ridicule.

Apart from Big Ol’ Orange Uncle Don, of course. But the ‘special relationship’ is about to get a lot more ‘special’. Or at least that is what Uncle Don will be whispering as he lubes up.

dannyh
    Free Member

Even by you standards chewkw, that is a classic.

pondo

But a link to Brexit anxiety and mental health shouldn’t be a taboo subject. It is real and should be discussed.

It’s not taboo, and it should be discussed – however, note that mooman wasn’t discussing mental health, he was using it as an insult.

CountZero

Finally, there seems to be one benefit from leaving the EU – we won’t be adopting the appalling Copyright laws that the EU are introducing. The irony there is that the U.K. government were all for it and voted for it.
    https://thenextweb.com/uk/2020/01/27/brexit-saves-uk-from-the-terrible-eu-copyright-laws-it-helped-create/

kelvin

Terrible, unless you’re a photographer or writer who might stop being screwed that is.

Cougar

brexit-saves-uk-from-the-terrible-eu-copyright-laws-it-helped-create/

If only there could have been some other way we could have avoided such a terrible disaster other than via brexit. Like, maybe, not actually voting in favour of it in the first place.

Roll on Friday, we’ll finally be free of all those foreign laws that we asked for in the first place. **** me sideways.

Cougar

Plus, y’know, the government has been pursuing the Chinese model of the Internet for years. When we leave we can happily toss out EU legislation and introduce something worse in a heartbeat without further checks and balances. This is an administration which wanted to ban secure encryption and thought that an “IP address” referred to intellectual property.

Cougar

Also, lest we forget, there’s the Investigatory Powers Act which made your Internet history available to:

Metropolitan Police Service
    City of London Police
    Police forces maintained under section 2 of the Police Act 1996
    Police Service of Scotland
    Police Service of Northern Ireland
    British Transport Police
    Ministry of Defence Police
    Royal Navy Police
    Royal Military Police
    Royal Air Force Police
    Security Service
    Secret Intelligence Service
    GCHQ
    Ministry of Defence
    Department of Health
    Home Office
    Ministry of Justice
    National Crime Agency
    HM Revenue & Customs
    Department for Transport
    Department for Work and Pensions
    NHS trusts and foundation trusts in England that provide ambulance services
    Common Services Agency for the Scottish Health Service
    Competition and Markets Authority
    Criminal Cases Review Commission
    Department for Communities in Northern Ireland
    Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland
    Department of Justice in Northern Ireland
    Financial Conduct Authority
    Fire and rescue authorities under the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004
    Food Standards Agency
    Food Standards Scotland
    Gambling Commission
    Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority
    Health and Safety Executive
    Independent Police Complaints Commissioner
    Information Commissioner
    NHS Business Services Authority
    Northern Ireland Ambulance Service Health and Social Care Trust
    Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service Board
    Northern Ireland Health and Social Care Regional Business Services Organisation
    Office of Communications
    Office of the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
    Police Investigations and Review Commissioner
    Scottish Ambulance Service Board
    Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission
    Serious Fraud Office
    Welsh Ambulance Services National Health Service Trust

So yeah. We’re totally in safe hands outside of the EU.

funkmasterp

Ha! They’re all welcome to my internet history. Let’s see how often they like having their privacy valued and how often they can cope with having to log back in.

Cougar

I’m amazed you’ve never mentioned it before and have never used the rest of the Internet.

In seriousness, one of the few small positives I can see to brexit is doing away with the “this site uses cookies” bollocks. Every site uses cookies, it’s not 1998 any more.

kelvin

Of course all sites use cookies. That misses the point Cougar. It is what those cookies are used for that means consent is sometimes required, eg for tracking by third parties who the visitor otherwise would not expect to be passing data to just by dint of loading your webpage.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Brexit 50p’s. Uses for.’ is closed to new replies.