• This topic has 13,592 replies, 208 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by avdave2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 13,593 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Price worth paying.

Apparently.

It’ll be the EU’s fault anyway.

Or immigrants/muslims/shirkers/whatever.

kelvin

Losing the EHIC isn’t a “price” for the nutters… it’s getting rid of a “con”… they know it’s a con, because it starts with an “E”. Logic stops there.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’ll be the EU’s fault anyway.

Or immigrants/muslims/shirkers/whatever

If we’ve learned anything at all it’s that scapegoats co-exist, often necessarily.

ie immigrants/muslims/non-hetero/brown-folk/disabled/poor/unemployed/gypsies/foreigners/EU/The Left

ie if it wasn’t for The Left there would be no EU, no foreigners, no gays, no non-white/non-Swiss immigrants – and even if there were, they’d be in tiny numbers or else kept abroad. Blame The Left. Funded by Jews. Funded by a bigger Jew. Yours Sincerely, The Internet, 2020 and going,forward…

kelvin

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow. Tories really are bastards, objectively.

chestrockwell

Not just Tories unfortunately, we live in a bitter, twisted and mean country.

Cougar

Are we conflating migrants and refugees again here or did I miss a news story?

frankconway

The survey question was overly simplistic but what proportion of the population can clearly differentiate between migrants and refugees?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ That could be a survey.

The poll as it was presented was loaded and leading.

Cougar

what proportion of the population can clearly differentiate between migrants and refugees?

If the answer isn’t “100%” then we have a problem.

Eh, we have a problem.

dannyh
    Free Member

Mean spirited, petty, insular, racist/xenophobic and also, ultimately, ignorant and thick.

These are the true defining characteristics of Brexit Britain.

And yet the Brexies think the rest of world view us as some sort of heroes because we held out for a year until the USSR and US got dragged into the war.

🤦‍♂️

kelvin

Eh, we have a problem.

We do indeed. That distinction is as good as over in the eyes of much of the public, and the media.

Keep hearing “the first country they arrived in” and “France should do more” from Brexitiers, and I can’t even be bothered to explain any more. At least their motives for their vote are becoming clear for all to see again. Sadly.

Also from that survey…

The numbers (and international law) speak for themselves… this simply isn’t true… this shouldn’t be opinions to test, but facts to learn. But it’s about feelings not numbers, still. Obviously.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

Worthless words on a (soon to be) worthless coin.

What an achievement.

grum
    Free Member

Those poll results are sickening. 🙁

dannyh
    Free Member

I see that Cleverley (oh the irony) has gone full Trump and hit back at Ben & Jerry’s for expressing concern at the treatment of refugees by the UK.

In response to concerns about the treatment of refugees he criticised the value for money of their ice cream.

They aren’t even really pretending any more, are they?

DrJ

facts to learn

Well, the survey is about nebulous concepts like “fairness”. In this case it’s like a small child saying “it’s not fair”. The survey is not to find out what is fair, but how pathetic and toddler-like the British public are. (Answer: “very”)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Well, the survey is about nebulous concepts like “fairness”.

Agreed.

Three near-identical ‘surveys’:

Survey:

Do you think it’s fair that Jane has an apple and yet you don’t have an apple?

A – Very fair
    B – Not really fair and I’m feeling rubbish about it actually.
    C – Jane should forfeit her apple

Survey:
    Do you think it’s fair that an immigrant on a dinghy has an apple and yet you don’t have an apple?

A – Very fair
    B – Not really fair and I’m feeling rubbish about it actually
    C – Jinani should forfeit her apple and go back to where she came from

Survey:

There was a bag of apples. Jane took 2 and you took 5. You ate 5. Jane ate 1. Do you think it’s fair that Jane has an apple and yet you don’t have an apple?

A – Very fair
    B – Not really fair and I’m feeling rubbish about it actually
    C – Jane should forfeit her apple

Del

Jane should go back where she came from

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

yougov revenue‎: ‎£136.5 million (2019)

For what purposes is the data collected by YouGov used?

Data from YouGov surveys are used by news media, public affairs groups, institutions, political campaigns, companies and marketing agencies, to reveal and analyse public opinion.

It’s the future today. Targeted social media campaign feeds bias feeds opinion feeds data feeds targeted social media campaign.

del, spookysynchro-channeling in my edit.

DrJ

Cleverley

What’s the opposite of “nominative determinism”? Ahead of a strong field he is the thickest person in the government.

Cougar

That’s a bold claim.

asbrooks

Johnson still high on the polls

To half the country he’s the hero that ‘got brexit done’ 🙄

This ^^

I’m having first hand experience of this, my elderly parents love him and won’t hear anything bad about him to the point my relationship with them has hit rock bottom.

Regarding the rhetoric over the refugees/migrants, even the BBC has become the mouth piece of the government. It makes so angry with all this talk of pushing them back into the sea and let the French deal with them. We are talking about human beings most of whom are desperate to start a new life. Let us not forget that it was our governments who encouraged the Arab spring uprisings, invaded countries (Iraq) on the pretence of installing a flawed UK style democracy. That let in Al Qaeda & ISIS in the first place.

Personally brexshit has messed up my future plans… My wife (who is French) and I were going to be moving to France once the kids had flown the roost. How that will happen now we are not certain.

dannyh
    Free Member

Jane should go back where she came from

Has to be a contender for ‘Internet Winner’ today!

🙂

DrJ

That’s a bold claim.

I don’t make it lightly, believe me! So many contenders!

dannyh
    Free Member

By the way, if you opted for ‘c’ on the above three surveys, there are two things we can say about you.

1. You probably voted Leave.
    2. You are a ‘c’.

grum
    Free Member

Isn’t it great that we are defending our Christian values such as compassion against the hordes of foreigner invaders and their savage ways.

nickc

I don’t make it lightly, believe me! So many contenders!

I think, on balance, it has to go to Chris Grayling hasn’t it? A man so incompetent that he couldn’t even win a rigged election

nickc

Isn’t it great that we are defending our Christian values such as compassion against the hordes of foreigner invaders and their savage ways.

I know right, I’m particularly proud of the way Sky took the opportunity to heckle at them from another boat. A high point of an otherwise uneventful year…

2020 will need a whole book by itself when we come to write the history of the early 21st century.

There’s some goddamn heroism right there…

Desperate migrants cheer 'UK' as several boats cross English ...

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Once one has successfully demonised/verminised immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers (choose whichever term is politically expedient) then they are the gift that will keep giving.

Especially with the climate crisis, rising sea levels and ongoing wars.

Are your domestic policies becoming unpopular/stinking to high-heaven? Just about to rush through some new laws enabling you and your chums to stiff the electorate for the next 50 years, yet make you and said chums more wealthy than they already are? Scrutiny is slow but here it comes…

Quick, look, a dinghy!

Now what was that about the other stuff? Ah, seems that we all forgot. As you were.

Nationalist/populist politics has bullied itself a place at the table on and off for decades. Now it IS the table.

dannyh
    Free Member

Hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to stuff like this.

Take the Dutch Reformed Church in Apartheid South Africa, for example. You could never meet people who were more keen to tell you how pious they were and how closely they stuck to The Book….

Unless it was towards anyone of a different race, of course. Then all the stuff said in church about treating everyone the same immediately went out of the window.

Funnily enough they also hated ‘Godless Communists’ whilst the SACP was probably the most vocal ‘white’ group in opposing apartheid.

This where Bannon really starts to get nasty for me – boasting about mobilising ‘Western Judeo Christian’ sentiment. Which is just another way of saying ‘White Supremacy’.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ How’s trumpfaragebannon’s wider plan to destroy the European Union going? Will they get it back to 1939 before 2039?

kelvin

At least we have that 0.2% growth from a USA trade deal to look forward to come January… yes?

eskay

And they were adamant they would not delay due to CV19. Arrogant *****

dannyh
    Free Member

Just heard (might have misheard) an item on the news about more aggressive powers of arrest at entry and exit points of the UK for individuals suspected of spying or acting in the interests of a foreign power to the detriment of uk security or some such.

Presumably, given the amount of ‘questionable’ Russian money the Tory Leavers, Aaron Banks, Farage et al have accepted to destabilise this country, they will all be immediately arrested when they go on holiday….

dogbone

<h2>https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021</h2>
    <h2 id=”pet-travel-allow-at-least-4-months-to-arrange”>Pet travel: allow at least 4 months to arrange</h2>
    From 1 January 2021 you will not be able to use the existing pet passport scheme. Instead you’ll need to follow a different process, which takes 4 months.

Follow the guidance about pet travel to Europe from 1 January 2021.

1. You must have your dog, cat or ferret microchipped.
    2. Vaccinate your dog, cat or ferret against rabies – your pet must be at least 12 weeks old before it can be vaccinated.
    3. Your pet must have a blood sample taken at least 30 days after its primary rabies vaccination (from a current series of vaccinations). Your vet may recommend a booster rabies vaccination before this test.
    4. Your pet’s blood sample will be sent to an EU-approved blood testing laboratory.
    5. Wait 3 months from the date the successful blood sample was taken before you can travel.
    6. The vet must give you a copy of the test results and enter the day the blood sample was taken in an animal health certificate (<abbr title=”Animal health certificate”>AHC</abbr>).

You will not be able to travel with your pet if you have not completed these steps.

So if you want to take your dog to Europe in January, you need to start the process now!

RustyNissanPrairie

At least the dog will only have to go through that rigmarole once as me and MrsRNP **** off to Europe on a one way ticket leaving this litter infested covid riddled shit hole to the Brexit and Tory voting **** that created it.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Well if that’s how you feel good riddance to you some of us are going to try and sort out this mess even though it may take quite a bit of time.

Del

Don’t think you can blame rnp for feeling that way and he’s in good company. Outward migration is huge at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 13,593 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.