• This topic has 13,592 replies, 208 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by avdave2.
Viewing 40 posts - 10,401 through 10,440 (of 13,593 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • MoreCashThanDash

Twice as many UK citizens have been killed by corona than UK civilians were killed in WW2

A fact that needs writing on a boxing glove so we can punch them with it every single time they come out with this bollocks.

I’m “patriotic” by the standards of this place but I’m not a blinkered uneducated flag shagger by any means.

And plenty of public servants have been on the frontline in offices and doing home visits throughout the pandemic. And their actions, as well as those of us working from home, kept things working so we didn’t have the complete collapse of public services that would have seen him and his party get thrown out on their ears.

So he can, frankly, **** right off.

intheborders
    Free Member

Its flag shagging basically and it plays into their fantasies of plucky UK

I’m sure not the only one who’s seen various media reports about the next General Election – basically how late can Johnson afford to go to the country, before the Brexshit is really obvious to even the most hard-of-thinking?

IMO they’ll be looking for an ‘event’ to help them, a bit like Thatcher did with the Falklands War. She’s not living forever…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/21/the-queen-spent-night-in-hospital-after-cancelling-northern-ireland-visit

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Even the fantasy makes no sense, did they stoically sit typing away whilst the bombs dropped around their desks, heroically typing that urgent memo about spam fritters

only in a monty python sketch that was never made

onewheelgood

Who err would most likely be us.

I don’t think so. The STW demographic is much more Dads Army than frontline.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m sure not the only one who’s seen various media reports about the next General Election – basically how late can Johnson afford to go to the country, before the Brexshit is really obvious to even the most hard-of-thinking?

Surely that was always going to be the way… While the cult faithful still believe Brexshit is the bomb diggy, get the GE started. Plus, Labour aren’t exactly back in from the cold yet. Johnson will out-brazen the immediate forthcoming bad winter with “mumble mumble Covid mumble EU didn’t want our oven ready deal” or some similar variation. But more bad years? Two winters? Three winters? Mask might slip by then.

But who knows. I completely underestimated how much the country would go for his matey-matey-I’m-one-of-the-lads-me-whoops-another-mistress-up-the-duff clown act.

kelvin

I’m still surprised how quickly we they moved to allow a return to more pollution going into our rivers and seas (“leaving the EU is not about seeking to lower standards”), but it’s a good example of why opting out of common standards cuts you off from the market… this tweet sums it up better than any long post could…

nickc

when the truth is were were not invaded because Hitler thought us Aryan ( to oversimplify greatly)

Whilst I don’t want to side with the flag shaggers, and their “We stood alone” nonsense. This is ahistorical horse-shit.

Sandwich

It was telling that the recent Have I Got News For You featuring Geoff Norcott had him quite quiet on the Tories. I think he’s just realising that things were definitely better before the vote to leave and they’re about to get somewhat worse.

tjagain

Frost and the rest of the bexshitters are still insisting the european court has nothing to do with adjudicating NI issues – even having been offered a Switz style solution involving a tribunal below court level.

this of course is a legal impossibility to the EU

Its such an obvious move to blame the EU and to create the narrative of the EU as the enemy.

kelvin

It was telling that the recent Have I Got News For You featuring Geoff Norcott

Same on the News Quiz (where he was very funny yet again, in my opinion). This winter isn’t the best time to be joking about how well Brexit is going, even if you still think it’s the right thing to do in the longterm (for now).

alpin
    Free Member

Interesting that the lady farmer at the da blames the NZ PM for accepting a deal that will benefit NZ…..

How has it got to the stage where those getting **** over are blaming those doing the ****?

intheborders
    Free Member

How has it got to the stage where those getting **** over are blaming those doing the ****?

The hard-of-thinking have always been at the core of Brexit and now they’re actually realising they f**ked up, but no way are they going to blame themselves.

MoreCashThanDash

It was telling that the recent Have I Got News For You featuring Geoff Norcott had him quite quiet on the Tories. I think he’s just realising that things were definitely better before the vote to leave and they’re about to get somewhat worse.

I don’t think it’s just Brexit. The dithering and wavering and mixed/lack of messaging on the current Covid situation is pissing off a lot of older, vulnerable Tory voters, many of whom thought Boris was a clown from the start but at least he was “their” clown. Patience has finally worn out with the Torys in general.

kilo

Frost and the rest of the bexshitters are still insisting the european court has nothing to do with adjudicating NI issues

Old Frosty does like to huff and puff. I’d be quite happy for the EU to call just his bluff and give the UK a good fisting tbh.

tjagain

I’m pretty sure its coming Kilo from the noises coming out of the EU. He is certainly wrecking any goodwill which is needed in negotiations

kelvin

Ah, er, um…

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/25/british-scientists-being-frozen-out-of-eu-research-due-to-ni-row-claims-mp

“It’s been the best part of a year and British research institutions remain frozen out of key projects and funding despite agreement on participation,” said Cash, a veteran Eurosceptic. “With each passing day the opportunities are missed, British institutions are left high and dry while science marches on without them and the returns on our financial contribution edge lower.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

another club in club-no-longer-accepts-ex-members shocker?

kelvin

Oh, it excepts non-members, but it’s careful about admitting ones who have made it clear that “club rules are for losers”.

Klunk
    Free Member
    dazh

Monty Python predicting the future. Wonder if the french have ever watched The Holy Grail?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/28/british-trawler-held-in-france-amid-ongoing-fishing-rights-dispute

binners

A bit of mindless nationalist willy-waving that suits both governments perfectly. France has its own right wing, nationalist populist on the rise, so a spot of ‘sticking it to the uppity Brits!’ Is perfect. Vive la France and all that.

I’m sure Boris will launch a frigate in retaliation, wave some Union flags and all parties involved will have got what they wanted from the situation

It’s almost like they arranged it in advance. And why is it always about fish? 🙄

kelvin

It’s all about waving Red Ensigns this week.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

question is, are they happy fish?

kilo

The NI protocol isn’t working apparently

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2021/1028/1256334-brexit-protocol-poll/

Particularly like;

“ In terms of trust, 87% of respondents do not trust the British government to manage the interests of Northern Ireland in respect of the protocol, compared to 86% in June.”

How big of a lying turdfest do you have to be to achieve 87% distrust?

binners

Even the hardest-of-thinking Union flag waving unionist is now fully aware that Boris sold them down the river.

They also realise that this betrayal has inadvertently benefitted them enormously in that they are the only part of the UK now subject to the mythical ‘Cakism’ so beloved of Brexiteers, being simultaneously both in and not in the EU.

They are Schrödinger’s Brexiteers

El-bent
    Free Member

They also realise that this betrayal has inadvertently benefitted them enormously in that they are the only part of the UK now subject to the mythical ‘Cakism’ so beloved of Brexiteers, being simultaneously both in and not in the EU.

Hence the ongoing “conversations” over the NI agreement, the tories may be angling to further sabotage the agreement as its showing their beloved Brexit up.

kelvin

They’ve said plenty of times that, effectively, it’s working too well. Supply chains are changing, resulting in increased North/South trade. The lack of trade barriers, and the effects of that, is obvious to everyone that cares to look. Compare that to what is happening with trade across the English Channel. The more that difference is shown up, the more the voters might consider the effects of trade barriers on GB.

Del

The more that difference is shown up, the more the voters might consider the effects of trade barriers on GB.

I fear your optimism misplaced.

binners

Indeed. There’s millions of half-wits out there who will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of a flag-waving competition/trade war with France

I can almost see the terrible tabloid headlines already

Northwind

binners

Indeed. There’s millions of half-wits out there who will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of a flag-waving competition/trade war with France

And who cares if we lose, as long as we hurt them a bit

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Ok we all need to understand your average Brexiteer is prepared to sit in a puddle of piss and shit, freezing their bollocks off, hungry and homeless rather than admit it was a shite idea.

51% have shit for brains, can’t understand basic economics let alone complex trade models.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

The above has lots of supporting fact based evidence that can be qualified and quality checked by the other 49%

martinhutch

Why not threaten a trade war with France at the very moment that Macron is preparing to fight Le Pen again and needs a bit of his own nationalistic chest-thumping?

It’s almost like they’ve picked the exact time at which diplomacy is least likely to be effective, so they’ll be able to blame the French for **** Christmas when they escalate it to a blockade of Channel freight. Disguise your own shitshow by creating a bigger one you can blame on the Forriners.

kelvin

Sorry, I forgot, by the time more people understand that trade barriers are bad… they’ll be the fault of everyone else, not “us”, won’t they.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Monty Python predicting the future. Wonder if the french have ever watched The Holy Grail?

I made this (admittedly no-shit sherlock) future-gif back before we left:

So horribly effing predictable, all of it.

doomanic

I bet his pissing his pantaloons at the thought of a dressing down from the clown prince.

scratch
    Free Member

Have they released the Gun Boats yet?
    Or are they only used at times close to local / national elections?

Gun Boats! Gun Boats! Gun Boats!

dudeofdoom

Brexit just allows even more mischief..it’s just got a million undone threads.

Still its the war they are looking for so get the flags ready.

Get back on that war narrative they like with the ‘all in it together’.

Seems wasted without lining up an elections suppose they needed something other than threatening to trigger article 16 every month.

grahamh
    Free Member
    binners

Imagine being threatened by Liz Truss?

France has 48 hours to back down in fishing row, warns Liz Truss

A woman with all the gravitas and authority of a whoopee cushion. I bet they’re absolutely bricking it

Viewing 40 posts - 10,401 through 10,440 (of 13,593 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.