Viewing 40 posts - 8,761 through 8,800 (of 13,594 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Boris really doesn’t get the gist of the situation does he?

Modus operandi from day one. Also, he has used Big Words like ‘protuberance’.

If you cannot blind them with science…

dannyh
    Free Member

Johnson has just lied and lied and lied with one goal in mind – his own advancement. The cowardly wimp will tell everyone something different and the last person to leave the room will be the one who gets what they want. Then he’ll push out clouds of ink and bullshit to put off the inevitable confrontation with the reality for as long as possible. He knows no other way. Duck issues, avoid scrutiny, kick can. The problems are then everyone else’s to deal with. The ****.

Johnson was only ever a front man for the Brexity loons. They’ll **** him off when they’re done with using him. He won’t care. The fat pig has a lifetime’s supply of swill and muck to roll around in.

Liars and conmen. And the masses love it.

🤮

martinhutch

Not yet. Good coming from Europe aren’t getting the scrutiny at customs – they don’t have the infrastructure in place. We’re in an odd place where everything traveling from UK to EU is going through the full gamut of customs scrutiny and paperwork but nothing coming the other is. Strange way to take control of your borders…

It may change come June but I haven’t seen any evidence of a massive customs recruitment drive.

I ordered some parts from R2 bike (Dresden iirc) on Wednesday night and they arrived Monday with no additional fees or anything over the EUR12.50 DPD shipping.

Don’t count on it. Just shelled out fifty quid in fees and tax/duty on some items from Germany. Brexit supporters can get ****.

Del

Don’t count on it

I wouldn’t!

How much had you spent?

Edukator
    Free Member

Remember the Brompton I ordered at the end of March? Well UPS still can’t find it. And the second one Brompton sent? Well UPS can’t find that one either now. Seamless.

Another thing, Britain agreed to giving licenses for fishing rights to a limited number of foreign boats. So French fishermen applied. The Brits then demanded proof of having fished in UK water in the form of GPS tracks from 2016. Thing is, most French boats didn’t have the tech to do that in 2016 so can’t apply. And even the boats that have succeeded in getting in getting a permit are to faraid to use it for some reason. Result: tit for tat blocades in French ports.

Del

Cripes! UPS!? They’ve been the worst for us. DPD or DHL have both been good or any of the European carriers really. Funny that. 🤔 At least it’s on Brompton to sort but frustrating that you’re having to wait.

Del

Cripes! UPS!? They’ve been the worst for us. DPD or DHL have both been good or any of the European carriers really. Funny that. 🤔 At least it’s on Brompton to sort but frustrating that you’re having to wait.

mefty
    Free Member
    Northwind

Lol, “brexit superstar Liz Truss”

I wish it was all fun and games
    But the price of fame is high
    And some can’t pay the way
    Feel trapped in what you rappin’ about?
    Tell me what happened when you lost clout?
    The route you took started collapsing
    No fans. No fame. No respect. No change. No women and
    Everybody shits on your name.
    So you want to be a brexit superstar?
    And live large
    A big house. Five cars, You’re in charge.
    Comin’ up in the world.
    Don’t trust nobody got to look over your shoulder constantly

inkster
    Free Member

“Brexit disaster, Australia to ‘prioritise EU deal as UK talks boil over”

Let them eat cheese I say.

inkster
    Free Member

Brexit is like a toxic fairy godmother:

‘May all your fears come true’

scratch
    Free Member

Just driven past a large UKIP bill board stating ‘330,000 Immigrants enter the UK every year’ the average Brexit voter must be scratching their heads a bit seeing as we’ve taken back control of our borders since Jan 1st

dannyh
    Free Member

average Brexit voter must be scratching their heads a bit

I wouldn’t bet on it. Lots of them can’t read a Dominos menu without moving their lips.

Edukator
    Free Member

27 days after being sent and getting as far as Carbon Blanc, Brompton #1 has apparently been found in Feltham in the UK. The good news is it wasn’t the one on someone’s sofa so not stolen.

Brompton # 2 has also been found but we don’t know where it is because it isn’t stated on UPS tracking. It’s in a safe place apparently (Raiders of the lost Arc anyone?).

Good news I think, there’s still hope one will arrive one day.

tjagain

bexit bonus number 247

The EU is at an advanced stage of talks with the US over mutually recognising vaccine passports to boost transatlantic tourism this summer, but Brussels is yet to open discussions with the British government.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/26/eu-vaccinated-americans-holiday-europe-summer-ursula-von-der-leyen-non-essential-travel

martinhutch

The good news keeps on a’coming.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-eu-exports-b1837528.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Well, good news for the ROI dairy and meat industry, I expect.

dannyh
    Free Member

This made me laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/27/britain-first-duped-into-protesting-at-hotels-with-no-asylum-seekers

I saw a loaf of bread the other day that reminded me of a ‘Britain First’ member – then I looked closer and realised it said ‘Thick Cut

Edukator
    Free Member

How do wee think the European parliament will vote tonight? The advantage of voting in favour is that it gives full support to the NI protocol. The advantage of not signing? Well not much other than raising a digit really. So I reckon it will be voted through.

kelvin

Phewy.

Del

As I think has been said. Maybe not a bad thing the disagreement with AZ is going to court. Hopefully the truth will out.

kimbers

Backing Brexit surely one of the biggest political self-pwns in history

Poopscoop

The house of cards that is Brexit is is beginning to extract its price it seems.

Unfortunately even those that despise it will be chipping in too.

Excellent news she had gone though. Superb stuff!

timbog160

Maybe…

I’m no fan of hers but I do wonder if her departure means a lurch to the hard line elements of the DUP. If so, this would be very bad news for the NI peace process…

kimbers

If they want votes they’ll need someone relatively moderate or Alliance will hoover up their voters

whitestone
    Free Member

An interesting couple of paragraphs from this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56907858

Arlene Foster led the party’s campaign in favour of Brexit, but struggled once its ramifications for the union came into view.

Betrayed by Boris Johnson when he signed up to the Brexit deal that would mean different trading arrangements for Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, Mrs Foster faced accusations of poor judgement for trusting a prime minister who has disregarded the union.

kilo

She should have gone over cash for ash, but on the plus side for a united Ireland she has played a blinder.

dannyh
    Free Member

Foster made on key mistake. Trusting Boris Johnson.

But at least she can be confident that the fault is entirely hers. I have to put up with the fact that I was dragged into all this against my will.

**** Brexit and all who sail in her.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve got a new anthem for the DUP if they want it:

eskay
    Poopscoop

Was just about to post that. Another win for taking back control…

kelvin

But the UK consumer is moving from cod and haddock to sardines, crab and langoustine, no? Oh…

somafunk

June mummery on lbc at the moment not doing herself any favours with her Brexit fisheries deal she voted for, all ive heard so far is “TAKE BACK CONTROL”

piemonster

I’m not even going to click on that joke of a news source the Daily Express.

kelvin

She’s trying to blame Starmer for Johnson’s sterling work in screwing over her industry? There’s a lot of that projection going on right now.

somafunk

I didn’t expect anyone to click on the express link, it was merely to highlight who Brexit politician June Mummery is and her relation to the fishing industry

her wikipedia page here

martinhutch

I think the fisherfolk just didn’t believe hard enough. What a shitshow.

and her relation to the fishing industry

Real ‘leopards ate my face’ territory there. She has literally pushed for the obliteration of her own business.

dannyh
    Free Member

June Mummery is a ***king idiot.

If she isn’t, she does a brilliant impersonation of one.

PrinceJohn

They just don’t get it do they.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,761 through 8,800 (of 13,594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.