• This topic has 8,763 replies, 364 voices, and was last updated 8 hours ago by Del.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,521 through 8,560 (of 8,760 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • Premier Icon oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Oh and Wales can become “Lebensraum”

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

The people out on the streets don’t look much like they’re buying it, do they?

A minority. I’d warrant as many or more of the UK electorate are miffed about the ‘plandemic’.

The former will easily be banished/demonised via self-styled ‘anti-woke’ media and tabloidism. As ever.

Premier Icon dafydd17
    Free Member

“Oh and Wales can become “Lebensraum”’
    I suspect that’s the way the master race already think of it.

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

From Kimbers link:

Meanwhile, the UUP MLA Mike Nesbitt has suggested border checks should be moved to Rosslare so items can be inspected before shipping into continental Europe.

He said: “The EU are adamant that Northern Ireland is enjoying the best of both worlds, with unfettered access to both the UK and EU Single Markets. If that is the case, why not extend that privilege to our friends and neighbours in the Republic?

“I understand the EU wish to protect the integrity of their Single Market, hence the new regulatory regime that amounts to a Border in the Irish Sea. People seem to think the only alternative is a hard land border between the two jurisdictions on this island, but there is a third way.

“This would reinstate the trading relationships that applied for decades within the UK and between the UK and the Republic, arrangements the Government of Ireland and EU were happy with. It also allows the EU to take back control of how goods are tested for compliance with EU regulations, rather than relying on the UK, now a third country, to carry out tests on their behalf.”

And here it comes, NI would be sorted if only Ireland left the EU…

Premier Icon greyspoke
    Free Member

I tend to think of sectarian violence in NI and re-unification of Ireland as mutually exclusive things, and that the Unionists are aware of that.

Premier Icon dannyh

And they’re trying to play the Paisley Game already.

“We will stop at nothing, never, all means necessary”.

Then there is a shooting incident:

“We didn’t actually mean for people to start shooting, that is them misinterpreting what we said”.

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

NI everything would be sorted if only Ireland the EU left the EU…

(Logical conclusion of the Right Wing Arm Of Great Little England)

Premier Icon binners

Brexiteer nutjob Theresa Villiers has just been on Five Live. Thick as mince. Still saying that the NI protocol needs to change to allow frictionless trade between NI and the rest of the UK

Do you think her or any of the other Brexiteer idiots have actually read the document that their hero negotiated? Or that they yet grasp the concept of the customs union and the single market?

It would appear not.

She was still banging on, like David Davis 4 years ago, about some magical invisible border in Ireland that will be enforced by…erm….errrrrrrr…. ‘technology’?

YOUR BREXITEER PM CREATED A BORDER DOWN THE IRISH SEA YOU ****ING NUMBSKULLS!!

Thats the reality. It’s not temporary. It’s not teething troubles. This is it. This is what you wanted. This is the way it was always going to be. Its not like you weren’t told

Premier Icon molgrips

Oh and Wales can become “Lebensraum”

It already is, English incomers all over the place. And it was also exploited – mineral riches already owned by a Scottish Marquess who creamed a shitload of money off the top, then industrialists helped themselves and then buggered off. All that mineral wealth and it’s now one of the poorest places in Europe. Where’d all that money go?

Premier Icon kelvin

about some magical invisible border in Ireland that will be enforced by…erm….errrrrrrr…. ‘technology’?

Premier Icon binners

Another one of his gems…

Premier Icon greyspoke
    Free Member

It already is, English incomers all over the place.

You also need to factor in the Welsh outgoers. My kids and a fair proportion of their schoolmates are now working outside Wales. My mrs did for the first 20 years or so of her career. (As did I, but then I wasn’t Welsh.)

Premier Icon dannyh

The lies are catching up with De Pfeffel and the muppet show…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/08/white-house-joe-biden-expresses-concern-over-northern-ireland-violence

🇬🇧🍑💩🤦‍♂️

🇺🇸👮‍♂️👋🍑

🇪🇺🤣💰🥂

Premier Icon Edukator
    Free Member

oops, wrong thread

Premier Icon binners

Everyone knows that Boris Johnson has sold Ni down the river. He’s lied to them more than he’s lied to anyone… and that’s quite some benchmark

The people who are kicking off are the half of the population who are meant to be on his side, before he stitched them all up.

In July, when full customs regs come into force, things are going to get a lot, lot worse for NI businesses. Nothing will change for the better. This is it. This is what Boris personally put his name to. Doing the one thing he said ‘no British Prime Minister would ever countenance’

It’s April and Belfast is ablaze already

I truly dread what July will look like. Looks like Belfast is where all those mountains of Brexit lies are going to come home to roost, big time!

And the noises coming out of government suggest that they’re thinking the answer to this is an authoritarian crackdown.

Premier Icon inkster
    Free Member

“The people who are kicking off are the half of the population who are meant to be on his side, before he stitched them all up.”

Remember how the ‘troubles’ started back in the 60’s, the British army initially went in to support the Catholics before finding themselves at war with the republicans in no time at all.

Where this will all end up God only knows (though it may be best to keep God out of this one, although God may be partly to blame for the on going divisions, the current mess is all on Boris).

Premier Icon dovebiker

In July, when full customs regs come into force, things are going to get a lot, lot worse for NI businesses.

Ironic/ Well, they’re used to bonfires in July, so what’s changed?

Premier Icon kimbers

I think that stoking this was a very deliberate tactic by the DUP

Johnson couldn’t give a flying frack about NI, now he’s forced to, what concessions will the EU want to get the NIP changed?

There’s only so far they can go cutting slack on customs protocols.

The solution needs to be a long term one too, so it must somehow cover the Tories plans to diverge further in the future

Premier Icon nickc

Can you imagine what the coverage of the riots in N.I. would be like if these were Asian or Black kids. I note the empathy and understanding being shown to both rioters and the community regarding their frustrations. The lack of coverage about property damage, bad parenting or absent fathers, or day we say it; British values.

I’m glad though that this Govt has told me I don’t live in a racist society though, so I probably don’t need to worry about it.

Premier Icon dannyh

Remember how the ‘troubles’ started back in the 60’s, the British army initially went in to support the Catholics before finding themselves at war with the republicans in no time at all.

Yep – the much vaunted ‘cups of tea and bread buns’ stage where the army were welcomed into Republican areas as saviours from a pogrom.

I remember reading that someone thought a government department that was set up in the 70s to cope with The Troubles suggested that they have a jokey internal competition to come up with a coat of arms and motto for the department. There must have been at least one witty wag there as, apparently, the winning design was a shield depicting three hooks to signify (I think) UK government, Republicans and Loyalists. The motto read “It seemed like a good idea at the time”.

And that was back in a time where the government actually gave a shit about Northern Ireland and had a few senior ministers with a brain cell or two.

Now we’ve got a bunch of thickos and crooks in charge, utterly beholden to the bullshit that got them where they are. It is likely to be an utter disaster and if it is – this will be Johnson’s political legacy. Not a ‘great man who won a war’ (whatever that means), but what he actually is. A sneering, squalid little liar who isn’t half as clever as he thinks he is – who rekindled a squalid civil war in part of the UK.

**** Boris Johnson.

**** Brexit.

**** all who sail in her.

Premier Icon dannyh

Can you imagine what the coverage of the riots in N.I. would be like if these were Asian or Black kids.

It’s not just that. The media are falling over themselves to prioritise the notion that this is all about the policing of a Republican funeral or something else. Even the Graun managed to have ‘The B Word’ third in its list of probable causes.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

It was all so sadly predictable, too.

I say we drop Boris and his jolly Brexshit chums off next to the car or bus most recently set on fire.

Premier Icon PrinceJohn

Can you imagine what the coverage of the riots in N.I. would be like if these were Asian or Black kids. I note the empathy and understanding being shown to both rioters and the community regarding their frustrations. The lack of coverage about property damage, bad parenting or absent fathers, or day we say it; British values.

I’m glad though that this Govt has told me I don’t live in a racist society though, so I probably don’t need to worry about it.

This x 100000000000

As someone who follows a fair amount of Right Wing Twitter accounts/bots to troll them when I’m in the mood their silence on the riots in NI is absolute.

Premier Icon nickc

Even the Graun managed to have ‘The B Word’ third in its list of probable causes.

TBF to the coverage the phrase “It’s complicated” could have been created to describe how the riots kicked off.  I doubt very much that the kids throwing petrol bombs about are going to give you a learned discourse on the effects of the Irish sea border and how they fear the standard of living enjoyed by the people of NI will somehow decline…The kids are told the republicans are “winning” and we/they need to stop them from winning. They saw this with their own eyes when Sinn Fein broke lock-down rules and no action was taken by the cops.

Premier Icon binners

Johnson couldn’t give a flying frack about NI, now he’s forced to, what concessions will the EU want to get the NIP changed?

The EU are going to look at Brexiteers blaming the NIP and saying they need to change and assume (correctly) that this was all part of the plan all along and that Boris and chums they had absolutely no intention of sticking too the legally binding international treaty they signed.

The fact that its a cobbled together bodge job isn’t the EU’s fault. The Brexiteers were told time and time again that this was the only viable option with regard to the GFA.

This was the case when Theresa May negotiated her deal (which Boris voted again, listing this specific reason as his objection) and it’s still the case now. They airily waved these concerns away.

Nothing has changed.

Unfortunately, knowing as we do how Boris’s mind works – the self-serving path of least resistance will be to renege on everything and scupper the deal with the EU, thus ending up with what the Brexiteers wanted all along – a full on ‘no deal’

The fact that this would blow the GFA out of the water, probably bring on economic sanctions, and make us international pariahs, particularly with the Biden administration doesn’t seem to bother them one bit.

So as you look towards the summer, the implications of this situation could be absolutely huge. You can tell by the inflammatory language they’re using already that they’re preparing for a typically Johnson-esque act of wanton and reckless stupidity

Premier Icon kelvin

They saw this with their own eyes

You make it sound like it’s from the ground up. DUP politicians stoked this up, calling SF “the political elite”… (despite being in government in NI themselves, and having recently held the balance of power in the UK parliament)… the Brexit battle is ongoing for them, and they will continue to use the same tactics.

Premier Icon PJM1974
    Free Member

As someone who follows a fair amount of Right Wing Twitter accounts/bots to troll them when I’m in the mood their silence on the riots in NI is absolute.

So much this. Naturally, elements of the press are out in force to blame the failure of Brexit upon remainers. Just had a testy twitter exchange with Dan Hodges, of the Mail on Sunday for having the temerity to remind him that other Brexit options were available, but the ERG, the opaquely funded “think tanks” that are closely linked to government and the entire right wing media all shrieked endlessly in support of a spartan Brexit to the point that the DM declared that High Court judges who ruled that parliament had to be consulted for the Article 50 process were “enemies of the people”. Murdoch, the Barclay brothers, Dacre and Desmond wanted nothing less than complete destruction of our relationship with the EU without troubling themselves to understand the ramifications, so it’s entirely predictable that they’re deflecting as much as possible.

I note that our resident forum Brexit cheerleaders/trolls have been v.v.quiet of late too.

Premier Icon nickc

You make it sound like it’s from the ground up.

But it’s neither from the ground-up nor from the top down…These sorts of things are never as clear cut as that. the kids won’t tell you they’re doing this because of brexit, the Loyalist paramilitaries probably have their own agenda, the criminal gangs that are part of this, another one again, the political parties will both be tacitly encouraging it, and using it to further their own agendas, everybody gets to lay their own reasons on top the facts that the kids (from both sides) are probably having great time watching themselves on national news…

Everyone’s a winner

Premier Icon p7eaven
    Free Member

I’ve been reading a fair amount of ‘unwashed’ comments. Whenever there’s a protest or riot sparked off by some Right Wingery then they do like to throw bars of soap from the peanut gallery ivory tower. I see the bars as placeholders while they’re figuring out whether it will be best to blame the EU, The Irish in general, or ‘liberals’.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m sure the Union Jacks in the Reichstag Radisson of the media room is going down well in NI.

Premier Icon dannyh

Of course the bellends are quiet about this. It is yet another example of something they were told would happen but dismissed as ‘Project Fear’. They were either too stupid to see it, or more likely the case with NI don’t give a shit.

A few protesters get roughed up in Bristol and Clapham and the mainstream media is frothing at the mouth, page after page of ‘anarchy on the streets of England’.

Sustained rioting in the most incendiary part of the UK where many of the factions are still properly tooled up – barely a mention.

Don’t mention the ‘B Word’…

It’s almost like a lot of people stand to gain a lot of money from it….

**** Brexit.

Premier Icon dannyh

I’m sure the Union Jacks in the Reichstag Radisson of the media room is going down well in NI.

But even that is a fail because they’ll need to be removing the blue bits and the diagonal red bits soon. Still at least the Welsh can get some ‘flag representation’ if they chuck a dragon in the bottom right hand corner of the cross of St George.

Morons.

Premier Icon dannyh

Mind you, I can’t see Queenie and/or Charlieboy being too happy with De Pfeffel when the Scots requisition Balmoral and send them packing. Then turned it into an exhibition centre for works by european fringe artists of minority ethnic descent and/or gender-line-blurring social groupings.

A nice ‘**** you’ to end however many hundreds of years of English (well German-Greek really) monarchy.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

I’ve just spent the day looking after my parents and they had both been blaming the NI situation squarely on the EU, quoting the lies they had been told by the Daily Mail and The Sun.

It took me showing them the clips of Boris saying that there would never be a border in the Irish Sea, that he voted against May’s deal and a few other things then explaining to them that what he had ‘negotiated’ was in fact the exact thing he had voted against and dismissed previously.

It may have gone quiet for a few minutes while that all sunk in. They are still adamant that the whole issue is mainly the EU’s fault though. Here’s the most poisonous bit:

[url=https://postimages.org/]img hosting[/url]

The bit that duped my parents starts just before the big B. Basically old Boris had been set up and was doomed to fail by what he inherited. Yes, the inheritance he had help create from the very beginning.

If the NI situation gets out of hand, which I fear it will, then the blame lies squarely at Johnson’s feet. Sadly it’ll take nothing short of a direct attack against him for him to admit to that. He must realise it though, he just doesn’t give a shit.

Premier Icon dannyh

If the NI situation gets out of hand, which I fear it will, then the blame lies squarely at Johnson’s feet. Sadly it’ll take nothing short of a direct attack against him for him to admit to that. He must realise it though, he just doesn’t give a shit.

They could always try scheduling the Party rally conference in Brighton again…

Premier Icon inkster
    Free Member

Just popped onto the Daily Telegraph website. The first 23 articles were about Prince Phillip. The next 3 were about the pubs reopening and going on summer holidays. Then it was the golf. Then a bit of football. Then Northern Ireland.

In order of importance, Northern Ireland made it to number 48.

Though to be fair, I expect many of the Telegraph’s journalists are beavering away, trying to find a way of inserting BLM and the Woke brigade into the Northern Ireland narrative.

Premier Icon Sandwich

They could always try scheduling the Party rally conference in Brighton again…

Some friends of that very nice Mr McGuiness could do the entertainment for them! And one of the hotels will get a thorough refurb.

Premier Icon igm

Just popped onto the Daily Telegraph website. The first 23 articles were about Prince Phillip.

Typical Brexy Telegraph complaining about foreign immigrants.

Premier Icon dazh

Been following the riots on the news (well, before we went all North Korea yesterday) and my first thought was ‘I bet the usual suspects on the STW brexit thread are ecstatic’. I wasn’t disappointed. Has anyone actually asked themselves what’s really causing these riots rather than lazily assuming it’s brexit? Seems to me your average loyalist rioter is not going to be too interested in single markets and customs unions.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,521 through 8,560 (of 8,760 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.