Viewing 40 posts - 8,001 through 8,040 (of 13,537 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • molgrips
    Free Member

They didn’t want a bloody deal! They wanted OUT! Blue passports. Drawbridge raised.

Nah not all of them. There was a lot of talk about our place in the single market not being threatened and so on. Having our cake and eating it via some great mythical deal was the promise.

FB-ATB

the Cornish fish had to go to a central EU fish market and then be sold back to us.

Not sure if totally accurate. I think most of the fish they catch is not popular here but is abroad- hence it goes where the bulk of demand is.

dannyh
    Free Member

Nah not all of them. There was a lot of talk about our place in the single market not being threatened and so on. Having our cake and eating it via some great mythical deal was the promise.

Yeah but…..

Look at the cast of crooks, liars and shitheads who were pushing Leave. Farage, Johnson, Gove etc.

Look at the company you keep.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grahamh
    Free Member

The latest plan from Bozo the Clown.
    Forget the bridge to Ireland, forget the tunnel to Ireland.
    It’s now multiple tunnels with a roundabout under the Isle of Man.
    Boris ‘wants to build giant roundabout under the Isle of Man’

falkirk-mark

It’s now multiple tunnels with a roundabout under the Isle of Man.

I must have been hibernating, It’s not April already is it?

dannyh
    Free Member

I wish Johnson would just **** off.

He is supposedly representing ‘us’. How can we ever look anyone else in the rest of the world ever again?

It is just embarrassing.

dannyh
    Free Member

Oh, and for the record….

I know that metro story isn’t truly genuine. It is just another contemptuous little play from the Vladislav Surkov ‘asymmetric information war for dummies’ (big print version). Keep the bullshit flowing, keep people who want to believe befuddled, make everything a bit fuzzy and a bit refutable.

A guaranteed pension plan wasn’t the only thing Cumstains et al picked up from the Russians.

RustyNissanPrairie

Tesco didn’t have any Boursin herb and garlic soft cheese last night.
    **** brexit. Possibly.

zippykona

What on earth possessed her to vote leave?

A husband force fed lies and not smart enough to know it.

dannyh
    Free Member

A husband force fed lies and not smart enough to know it.

Silly sods.

Just collateral damage to the profiteers.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If we’re going to build a batshit crazy tunnel network linking at a roundabout under the Isle Of Man, why not replace that link to Heysham or Liverpool with one linking the northern tip of Anglesey?

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s all bollocks.

Meant to keep the hard of thinking guessing while still wanting to believe.

“Look at this nonsense the media trot out – they’ll be claiming he’s got seven children next…..”

Boring if you know what you are looking at. Confusing if you are easy to confuse.

dudeofdoom

The whole tunnel stuff is just another diversion ,it’s not an infrastructure issue it’s a Brexit policy issue all the tunnels in the world won’t make much of a difference (well other than diverting lorries from the lorry parks).

However, another source said while some senior aides describe the plan as ‘bats**t’, they acknowledge it as a ‘Fuhrer bunker project’. One told the paper: ‘Just as Hitler moved around imaginary armies in the dying days of the Third Reich, so the No 10 policy unit is condemned to keep looking at this idea, which exists primarily in the mind of the PM.’

As writer of fiction Boris is actually reasonably entertaining in a similar way as Clarkson.

If only he understood the difference between ‘ruining’ and ‘running’ a country 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s all just crap to keep his ‘support’ saying stuff like:

“At least he’s not boring and grey like that Labour guy”.

Or

“He’s always been a bit if a character, you can’t take everything he says as gospel but at least he is prepared to think outside the box”.

And also to distract from the inconvenient true stuff:

“The media are out to get him, this just proves it”.

As I said above, it is part of the game to keep people guessing. The key is to not be taken in by it.

Cougar

This is an article explaining what I mentioned earlier re: vaccines. It’s worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/feb/14/brexit-britain-eu-covid-vaccination-fiasco

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

You mean the strategy of one dose to many rather than two doses to fewer was chosen because it results in a straight numbers game – where heroic old Blighty can appear to be winning?

Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Boris Johnson in ‘creating an illusion for personal political gain’ shocker….

A Brexity acquaintance of mine got all huffy when I suggested that De Pfeffel selected this option because it plays better politically to simpletons.

akira

There is a distinct lack of mention of the timeline for second doses, presumably they are sticking to the 12 weeks so everybody will have had both vaccinations by end of October. Not sure if this is good or bad time wise?

dannyh
    Free Member

Not sure if this is good or bad time wise?

Politically or public health-wise?

teethgrinder

There was something in the last couple of days that said that the efficacy of the AZ/Oxford vaccine increased massively with a longer interval.

I absolutely don’t believe this was the plan, rather than good fortune. One thing this shower of corrupt shitbags got right purely by accident, yet standard MO.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-idUSKBN2AJ1WZ

Del

The jcvi approved the approach to the dual dose vaccinations. I dislike the idea of giving this shower of **** in government any plaudits at all but in my view the approach to vaccination overall has been pretty good including the approach of giving as many as possible ‘some’ protection ASAP. The results announced today (pre review) are speaking for themselves.

The EU treated this as a procurement job not a public health emergency. They expected az to manufacture at massive scale from a standing start at cost (let’s not forget) without taking on any of the risk and approved the vaccines we approved later than we did.

Our lot took a few punts and very luckily they’ve paid off. More by luck than judgement.

Riksbar

Tesco didn’t have any Boursin herb and garlic soft cheese last night.
    **** brexit. Possibly

I’ve noticed that Sainsbury’s hasn’t had chilled mixed seafood the last couple of times I’ve been in, and that mussels seem to have vanished from their frozen mixed seafood.

On more verifiable things, Roadies now looking for a visa exemption. How will it affect MTBers?

Cougar

Probably all downhill from there.

kimbers

Brexit Party MEP having a mysoginistic hate filled twitter meltdown because Brexit has destroyed his export business is the most brexity thing you’ll see today

inkster
    Free Member

“your entire mind, body and sole”
    ……………………

He’s calling her a fish FFS…..that really is below the (water)line.

dannyh
    Free Member

You would have thought the Brexit Party would have been able to find someone who could spell ‘soul’ to represent them as a MEP. Although, actually, given that most of them and their support sign their name with a big, shaky ‘x’ and a thumb print….perhaps not.

Still, he should be happy. He got what he voted for, after all.

Brexiteer in ‘turns out to be a clueless halfwit shocker’.

😅

dannyh
    Free Member

Brexiteer in ‘turns out to be a clueless halfwit shocker’.

Sorry, my mistake.

That should have read:

Brexiteer in ‘turns out to be a clueless halfwit with a nasty streak shocker’.

molgrips
    Free Member

The Cube I bought before Christmas was £2000 in the UK and 2000€ from Germany. Now they are 2049€ in Germany (priced in Euros for German delivery) which today is £1771, and a whopping £2349 on Wiggle! That’s almost a third more in terms of like for like consumer purchase for UK buyers vs German buyers.

That’s quite a huge increase for a product in a keenly priced market segment, and quite worrying for the future, at least in a first-world consumer goods kind of way. How much of this is directly Brexit related? How much is down to Cube being German?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You mean German Bike Companies didn’t march on the Bundestag to demand that the U.K. be given a great deal? Well, colour me shocked.

dannyh
    Free Member

You mean German Bike Companies didn’t march on the Bundestag to demand that the U.K. be given a great deal? Well, colour me shocked.

But…but… I thought they needed us more than we need them…

🙊💩

dannyh
    Free Member

Or to put it in emoji-speak:

🇬🇧🍑💩🤦‍♂️

🇪🇺😂💰🥂

Northwind

Literally half the bike purchase I’ve wanted to make recently have been cheapest from suppliers that no longer ship to the UK, or which now have high shipping costs and didn’t used to.

The really frustrating thing is that people will think “OK good, buy british” but sometimes you just can’t get what you want in the UK. We’re a little country after all, no surprise that there are things like specific tyres or parts that are worth shipping to the EU but not to us. So it’s not even like there’s a Brexit Bonus for uk shops, in fact the opposite- I’ve ended up spending more to import from the EU than I used to, meaning I’ve got less to spend in the UK.

(or there’ll be a single place that sells them that knows perfectly well they can crank the price up now- which is a zero sum game)

Obviously small change but it’s the perfect real world example of how this was always going to bloody work out.

teethgrinder

There was something in the last couple of days that said that the efficacy of the AZ/Oxford vaccine increased massively with a longer interval.

I absolutely don’t believe this was the plan, rather than good fortune. One thing this shower of corrupt shitbags got right purely by accident, yet standard MO.

Of course- literally nobody knew if it was a good idea, it’d only been approved for the original period. It seems like they fluked it and now having fluked it are parading round the table declaring themselves the greatest pool player in the world tbh.

dannyh
    Free Member

So it’s not even like there’s a Brexit Bonus for uk shops, in fact the opposite- I’ve ended up spending more to import from the EU than I used to, meaning I’ve got less to spend in the UK.

Exactly. The chances are I would probably desire a product that can only be imported – particularly if an expensive bit. So I pay more and tighten my belt somewhere else – perhaps having one less takeaway here and there, or whatever. Brexit puts up barriers to trade. The rest of the world make more products than we do. Individuals in the UK will have to spend more to get what they ‘need’, so they won’t spend as much on what they ‘want’. Given the disparity in availability between good old Blighty and the rest of the ****ing world, guess whose economy loses.

Epic.

Fail.

🇬🇧🍑💩🤦‍♂️

🇪🇺😂💰🥂

dannyh
    Free Member

Mind you, if I’m forced to chose what to spend my money on more closely I will be looking to see if the companies are ‘Brexity’. So no Dysons or Spoons ever again.

molgrips
    Free Member

In fairness, I could get a Ribble Endurance with a slightly lower spec for a similar price (although this is £300 more than this time last year). But pre-Brexit I had a choice – now my choice would be much less and if Ribble and Boardman were to be out of stock then that’d be tough luck.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Budget! Sturgeon! Buried!

reluctantjumper

Yep, it’s almost like what they agreed isn’t any good so they don’t want to do it.

Whatever you do don’t read the comments below that article, full of Gammons claiming the EU are refusing to respect the deal. Sadly for them that’s exactly what the EU are doing, it’s us that wants to rip up something that’s only just 3 months old. I sympathise with the Remainers in NI as it’s going to be very painful but for everyone who voted Leave just sit back and watch what you have unleashed on them, it’s what you wanted (even if you didn’t know what you wanted it and what you were voting for at the time).

intheborders
    Free Member

And still the hard-of-thinking believe that Brexit will be GREAT!

Not a single mention in Sunak’s speech in the HoC, and did anyone hear the press conference later?

Chap from the FT basically accused them of gerrymandering – the next chapter in the Tory corruption saga?

inkster
    Free Member

One of the benefits of leaving the EU was said to be that leaving would free us to engage with the rest of the world. Much was made of rekindling our relationship with the Commonwealth, where new economic opportunities can be sought out.

Just got off the phone to my partner in Kenya, she was chatting about going to the shops, Carrefour, Decathlon etc.

Can someone please explain to me how the French managed to get such a dominant role in East African retail whilst being encumbered with those pesky EU rules and regulations?

She also mentioned how the French are far more active in the cultural sector, (art, music etc) than the British, despite it being a Commonwealth country. UK engagement is non existent.

Engage with the rest of the world my arse.

intheborders
    Free Member

Every time on Social Media I come across a Leaver talking about how now we’ll be able to “trade with the world” I ask them to name a country we can now trade with, that we couldn’t before.

I do also remind them that I’ve worked in an awful lot of countries for UK companies, so best the country they quote isn’t somewhere I’ve been 🙂

Yep, never get a response – I can’t work out whether they really believed that we didn’t already trade with every country, or they are frauds, masquerading as fools.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Haven’t the Gov applied for the UK to join the CPTPP (Pacific free trade bloc)?

Viewing 40 posts - 8,001 through 8,040 (of 13,537 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.