• This topic has 13,593 replies, 208 voices, and was last updated 8 hours ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 13,594 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • kelvin

That blokes time is limited I reckon.

Most of the cabinet would be back benchers without him, and what he did for their campaigns in 2016&19, and Johnson would never have been PM. If they think he can keep them there for more than 5 years, he’ll be sticking around. He also tends to mouth off when he’s on the outside… so they’ll be scared of letting go of him.

scaredypants

How dare they not agree with Cummings!

That blokes time is limited I reckon

He’ll be fine – as “the man who weaponised Britain’s stupid” he’ll be in demand somewhere

dannyh
    Free Member

“the man who weaponised Britain’s stupid”

This plus a gazillion.

binners

When it comes to the shenanigans around the Leave campaign and Joris Bohnson’s rise to power, he knows where the bodies are buried

They daren’t touch him

dudeofdoom

Hmmm now about those select committees any sign of them restarting yet ?

kelvin

Well, Cummings will be avoiding them once they do chug back into life… you can be sure of that.

dannyh
    Free Member

he knows where the bodies are buried

They daren’t touch him

And this plus a gazillion.

He could (and would) show just what a corrupt and dirty stitch up the Leave campaign really was.

Keep your friends close and your (potential) enemies closer and don’t double-cross a Machiavellian shit like Cummings.

binners

Apart from the obvious… that he’s an arrogant, obnoxious little shit, why do you think he’s swaggering about number ten, dressed like a homeless bloke, acting like he owns the place?

Because he does.

He knows too much. They owe the leave vote and their majority to him, so he’s untouchable.

For now.

He’s forgetting that he’s dealing with the Tory party. They’re utterly ruthless. They knifed their Messiah … Thatcher… without a seconds thought once she became a liability.

Can’t wait until they do it to him and he starts singing. I wonder how many he’ll take down with him.

It’s just a tragedy that the Labour Party is presently about as fit to capitalise on that as is to win the Eurovision Song Contest. Too busy obsessing and bickering with each other over the hugely pressing issue of trans-rights to be distracted by triviality like the biggest (and most successful) right-wing project this country has ever witnessed, which will tear up everything the Labour Party ever achieved

Our political system looks set to continue as an internal argument exclusively within the Tory party. We’re effectively a one party state.

Which is another reason Cummings is carrying on like he is.

Utterly depressing

frankconway

Binners – yes, tory party is ruthless as ****; cummings knows they have no allegiance to him – as there is no such thing as ‘the tory party’ – it’s a loosely connected assembly of factions with the only common thread being their collective view of labour.
    This whole shitshow will begin to implode when brexiters begin to realise they have been sold a pup; fewer migrants to service their requirements in bars/hotels/restaurants, rising cost of living, the ‘wrong’ queues at airports, fewer care staff in homes/hospitals.
    Well, they voted for this so suck it up but….their vote has forced this onto everyone so we’re all sucking this up.
    I predict cummimgs will be out mid-year and johnson by year end.

Poopscoop

^^ Cummings definitely has a best before date but I hate to say this, Boris will be around to fight and probably win the next election.

F***.

kelvin

That’s a strong prediction.

The alternative is that they try and burn through as many of our current state structures and international relationships as fast as possible… then paint themselves as the only people to get us out of the mess of their own creation. It’s worked so far. I think it’ll work again, and we have a decade or more of them both turning this country over.

Cummings definitely has a best before date but I hate to say this, Boris will be around to fight and probably win the next election.

I don’t think Cummings will be in his current highly visible role for the whole of this parliament, but when he is “moved”, he’ll still be highly involved behind the scenes, and will be back running things in the six months running up to the next election… to get Johnson another term.

binners

That sounds to me like everyone saying Trump wouldn’t last a year.

Cummings is ‘our’ Steve Bannon

Have you seen the state of the democratic party? They’re clearly modelling themselves on the Labour Party here. A total and utter shambles

Trump is going to walk his re-election. So will Boris. By default

Bannon didn’t last too long once he’d served his purpose. We’ll see if Cummings does. I think he will, personally

The Tory party need him. Look at the cabinet. Not one of those muppets has ever had an original idea in their lives. They need Dom to tell them what to do

A fact he knows only too well

frankconway

Kelvin – yes, it’s a strong prediction; I stand by it.
    Been wrong lots of times before and, with this, probably will be again – but, I live in hope.

kelvin

Well, I’d love you to be right. What would take their place though? I still fear this is all just a big first second step in the wrong direction, that will quickly be followed by further steps down the downward spiral.

epicyclo

binners
    …He’s forgetting that he’s dealing with the Tory party. They’re utterly ruthless. They knifed their Messiah … Thatcher… without a seconds thought once she became a liability…

They probably wouldn’t bother with those niceties. Odds on a car accident or suicide?

oldnpastit

I saw this on a PowerPoint slide today:

“Germany, 4th largest economy in the world and gateway to Europe.”

dannyh
    Free Member

I saw this on a PowerPoint slide today:

“Germany, 4th largest economy in the world and gateway to Europe.”

I thought we’d abolished Europe?

God save the queen. Rule Britannia etc.

kerley
    Free Member

They won’t be going any where this year. Next year some people will start to realise that life has got even shitter because of Brexit (but not many). A few years after that enough people will realise it to actually trouble Johnson.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“Germany, 4th largest economy in the world and gateway to Europe.”

Wait, what, hang on a minute.

Vote Leave told us we – Britain, the British, all things Tea and Cricket, were the most important thing in Europe and that Europe couldn’t do without us and we were special and a princess and had a talking unicorn.

You mean to say that wasn’t true?

dannyh
    Free Member

You mean to say that wasn’t true?

It’s ok. The unicorn thing was a shock to me too. I mean, lying through your teeth about immigration and benefits claimants is one thing, but lying about unicorns is bang out of order.

Luckily they will find a donkey and a pink dildo from somewhere and a lot of muppets will still believe.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Johnson honestly doesnt care about Brexit.

Johnson wants to be World King.

Right wing “noise maker” > MP > Mayor of London > Cabinet > PM (insert rapaciously biased US trade deal here) > America > Mayor of New York > World King POTUS.

You can only be POTUS if you were born in the USA.

Johnson was born on 19 June 1964 in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City

PrinceJohn

binners

Finally something we can all agree is fantastic news…

Speeder

Finally something we can all agree is fantastic news…

New blue British passport rollout to begin in March https://t.co/RQQa7vmVtE

— Victoria Derbyshire (@vicderbyshire) February 22, 2020

My wife’s just ordered her replacement so she can have a Euro/Burgundy one for the next 10 years instead of this emblem of all that’s wrong with the country right now.

kelvin

But, how will she know who she is? Without “British Passport” written across her travel document, her sense of identity will be so diminished.

binners

In yet more irony (which we’re obviously not doing any more), They’re printed by a French company in Poland.

Perhaps all the Poles that Priti wants to deport will end up printing them?

epicyclo

kelvin
    But, how will she know who she is? Without “British Passport” written across her travel document, her sense of identity will be so diminished.

She should get the new one. It’s printed in Poland.

We’ve taken back control… 🙂

kelvin

doomanic

They won, they’ll get over it.

MoreCashThanDash

Another example of the people who voted for it getting the shitty end of the stick.

nickjb
    Free Member

Another example of the people who voted for it getting the shitty end of the stick.

I think the plan was to make it shitty for everyone so there is no longer a shitty end for some, just a completely shitty stick for all. Equality!

molgrips
    Free Member

But we are all holding that stick. If farmers struggle or go under we will have to pay more for food.

molgrips
    Free Member

Although having read the article, the payments under the existing scheme are being reduced to help phase in the new scheme, the environment based one.

So whilst the potential for mismanagement and severe damage is huge, it’s not quite the same as a simple cut.

dovebiker

Fisherman next – Boris will concede to EU demands for access to UK waters in order to get some sort of deal by the end of the year.

tjagain

He still will not get a deal. there is zero chance of any sort of deal without such a massive capitulation / u turn that he would be ousted in minutes.

Johnson does not care about anything else but power for himself. He will not risk that even tho he will destroy the UK in the pursuit of power

binners

It looks like it’s Northern Ireland that is next in line to be thrown under the Brexit Bus (again). Joris Bohnson is already backtracking on the border commitments within the withdrawal agreement, and the EU have warned him that the Good Friday Agreement and customs rules are sacrosanct and without strict adherence to them there will be no trade deal.

I don’t think Joris gives a flying **** as they’re now barely even going through the motions of pretending they’re going for anything other than no deal

somafunk

Pint sized piss pot lays down the law to police

Yep, i can really see this working well for the government, setting targets for the police that will not be met without regard as to why such crimes are being committed (social/austerity/local government cutbacks to much needed services aside) to courts and the cps/probation/legal aid and prison service that can’t cope with the existing load due to budgetary cutbacks over the previous 10 years of Tory government.

Who’d have thought that the solution to solve crime in our country was so simple?, how long before we get an announcement of a new department who discover and punish thoughtcrime, personal and political thoughts unapproved by the government. The Thinkpol department will use criminal psychology and omnipresent surveilance via informers, cameras, and microphones, to search for and find, monitor and arrest all citizens of Great Britain who would commit thoughtcrime in challenge to the status quo authority of the Tory Party and the cult of Boris

There must be “no excuses” for not cutting crime, Home Secretary Priti Patel has told senior police officers. The home secretary added she would be “unapologetic” about holding police to account.

Welcome to our new overlords…….

binners

Something to look forward to once they/we are ‘free from the shackles’ of European Human Rights legislation.

The delightful Priti supports the death penalty as well, so I think we can guess whats coming next…

kelvin

Who needs funding and effective legislation from the government, when some tough talking is just as effective.

Spoiler:
    is is not as effective

Am I talking about the Home Secretary specifically, or the Trade negotiations, or the new border measures, or customs procedures, or any/all of the areas of competency that the government is “taking back control” of? You decide.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

a completely shitty stick for all. Equality!

Equaliturd, you might say.

setting targets for the police that will not be met without regard as to why such crimes are being committed

Small minded right wing nimby nobbers don’t really care about doing anything wacky like fixing the causes of crime, they just want to hear about criminals being battered to death.

I predict tractor production will be up the fishing catch is increasing year on year crime will be reduced in line with the demands.

After all, where there is a system, someone will game it. Even if that someone is the police, because they are forced to.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 13,594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.