Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Brewdog punk AF
  • Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bloody good drop.

That is all.

Premier Icon dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Ive been going through Arbors Faked Alaska recently.. Unreal!

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Wife’s tried it , she loved it.

Ill try it but couldn’t find it today grr.

So going with regular punk for this evening

Premier Icon howsyourdad1

i thought it was lacking in body, overly carbonated and quite poor, actually 🙂   Currently supping a weird weather and have a kehrwieder in the fridge

Premier Icon geex
    Free Member

Brewdog are pricks
    Never purchase their products
    especially Punk

http://garagelandlondon.com/desist.htm

now stick your fingers down your throat and spew that shit back out

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That letter makes em all sound a bunch of bawbags! 🤣

I’ll carry on. 🍺

Premier Icon swavis

Punk’s ok but Elvis Juice is where it’s at! Oma nom a nom!

Even better is Spey’s Hardware from Spey Valley Brewery 👍

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

when punk or geex start making beer that tastes good and is readily available ill listen to their point of view

Till then I’ll continue as was.

Ps punk AF is their alcohol free (and more importantly considerably lower calorie for the racing snakes )

Clockwork tangerine is where it’s really at. I’m an Elvis fan but I know summers arrived when clockworks on the shelf

Premier Icon dc2.0

Was a hardcore nanny state fan but this is better; tried in on draught first in London and then saw it in my local supermarket. Switched allegiances to AF now. Slightly more calories though

Premier Icon tomhoward

http://garagelandlondon.com/desist.htm

‘1 April 2017’

Right…

Premier Icon simondarlo
    Free Member

Brewdogs side of the story on there website makes a lot of sense

Premier Icon Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Meh, Brewdog is ok for supermarket beers. When I’m feeling flush I pop into the Red Elephant Beer Cellar and treat myself to a selection. Verdant’s Pulp unfiltered DIPA is a firm fav when I can get it…..

Premier Icon PiknMix

I’m just finishing off a Williams Bros Birds and Bees. It’s quite lovely.

Premier Icon oreetmon
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the ‘special edition’ hardcore punk IPA,
    £5 for a small bottle of something more like a bad special brew.

I do like most of the others tho.

Premier Icon tails

Brooklyn make a nice alcohol free beer now. I’ve been keeping it quiet as everyone buys the ghost ship AF, is the punk AF avalable in Tesco?

Free Member

Possibly, I got it in Asda, they have the best selection locally of AFs.

Premier Icon Moe

AF’s have definitely improved i recent years, not tried the Punk AF yet but in the alcohol world have you tried Quench Quake?! If you’re a stout drinker try Jet Black Heart …. mmmmmmm

Premier Icon sharkattack

Brewdog are like the Sick Bicycles of beer manufacturers.

Premier Icon swavis

Hardly, at least you actually recieve the product when you pay for it 😂

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

Based on recommendations from you lot I spent hard earned cash on a 4 pack of Nanny State. First time I’ve ever poured beer down the sink 🙁

Premier Icon BillMC

I don’t get Brewdog, I don’t like their bar in Manchester or any of their beer I’ve tried. It seems to me a label producing pasteurised beer for people who don’t appreciate real ale. Maybe it’s good for them.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

everyone buys the ghost ship A

Which just goes to show everyone’s taste is different. Regular ghost ship is just about drinkable. their AF is like someone’s old dishwater .

It also explains why there are Tennant’s drinkers in this world.

Premier Icon Sandwich

You might also want to consider the Reddit posts from last month where Brewdog source their marketing ideas from fake job interviews.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/bpunv2/brewdog_accused_of_stealing_marketing_ideas/

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/brewdog-accused-stealing-marketing-ideas-16289137

Not a business I want to buy from.

Premier Icon DezB

Where’s mikewsmith with his £18 a bottle recommendations when you need him?

Free Member

It would appear that Mike has finally, and inevitably, disappeared up his own balloon knot.

Premier Icon wordnumb
    Free Member

Didn’t they try to copyright the word “punk”?
    The beer is nothing special and clearly over-priced.

Premier Icon deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The beer is nothing special and clearly over-priced.

Probably depends where you’re buying it. At Tesco these days, it’s 4 for £6 or 2 packs of four for £9. So between £1.12 and £1.50 a can. Now for some folks, that’s probably still too much for anything Brewdog produces. But it’s not expensive.

I’m not especially a fan or a hater of Brewdog. A few years back, when there wasn’t as much available as now, and they were the new kids on the block, their stuff was a refreshing change. Now, they’re clearly massive compared to where they were. Organisationally, they’ve now got suits and bean-counters and consequently, they seem a bit more arseholey. That surely comes as no surprise?

Having said all that, Tesco have now greatly increased their 4for£6/2x4for£9 range to include Thornbridge, FourPure, Sierra Nevada (session) amongst others. Plenty of bargains to be had, and apart from the QuenchQuake, I’d rarely find myself buying Brewdog anymore. But if someone offers me one from his or her fridge, I’d rather that than something from Greene King or the likes.

The choice for ale (and I mean the newer stuff, not the beardy stuff) these days is myriad. Loads of brilliant stuff even in supermarkets. We should all be delighted with that.

Premier Icon geex
    Free Member

Ah.. I thought it was odd you’d started a thread about alcohol nobeer. Hadn’t realised Alchohol free beer now had a **** mumsnet acronym. I’d thought the AF was standing for AS **** hence my instant disapproval (still wouldn’t put any money Brewdog’s way, they’re still pricks)

Afluent beer snobs who probably aren’t even allowed to go to the pub worrying about supermarket prices is soooo STW

Tennents is as low alcohol as I’d drink, but only on a 14 pint+ school night.

have you tried Irn Bru? or a perhaps a ladies drink like Bacardi Breezer? 😉

Premier Icon wordnumb
    Free Member

Probably depends where you’re buying it.

True, I’m thinking about BD’s own bars. Alway annoys me when friends suggest we go there instead of other pubs.

Now off to buy more beer having watched the downhill. Might even buy some Punk IPA just to contradict myself.

Premier Icon deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tennents is as low alcohol as I’d drink, but only on a 14 pint+ school night.

#strangest

True, I’m thinking about BD’s own bars.

😀

Tbh, I did wonder that after I’d typed. And that’s true – their bars are expensive, although I think I’ve only done their Bristol one a couple of times. Mind you, anything decent for under a fiver a pint in a bar around Brizzle is a good find!

Premier Icon wobbliscott

when punk or geex start making beer that tastes good and is readily available ill listen to their point of view

Where the hell do you live? Not a Tesco’s near by? you live on some island in the middle between Iceland and Greenland or something? taste…well that’s upto you, but Brewdog make a wide variety of different styles of beer…I don’t like them all, so if there is not one that you like at all then you have very very particular taste. But even if there isn’t then plenty of other options are available. Thanks to Brewdog and companies like them we’ve seen an explosion of options and variety over the last 10 years and the vast majority of it is good…definitely better than most of what went before from the usual large multinational corporations who’ve got the market stitched up and stick to their narrow variety of processed crap.

Don’t get the hate for Brewdog. A very successful company that saw a gap in the market, jumped on it before anyone else in taking on the style of the US ales that had transformed the US beer industry. OK you might not like the flavour of Punk then they have others on offer. I personally am not a fan of the flat grassy ‘traditional’ British ale stye and like a bit of flavour.

I don’t get Brewdog, I don’t like their bar in Manchester or any of their beer I’ve tried. It seems to me a label producing pasteurised beer for people who don’t appreciate real ale.

OK so you like the traditional ‘old mans’pub with boring traditional ales..fair enough. I like that too but also quite like what Brewdog and their ilk are doing – doing things a bit differently shaking up the market, popularising half decent beer instead of the mass produced crap that sadly still outsells the real stuff by a factor of 100…even in ‘real ale’ pubs sadly. Brewdog do make proper ‘real ales’ and was on their tour earlier in the year and they never mentioned anything about pasteurisation, but so what if they are…pasteurisation is all about heating it up a little to kill bugs so doesn’t affect flavour or anything…or maybe you’re one of these who thing anything that is mass produced can’t be good or one of these hard core milk drinkers who things pasteurised milk is for wimps. Brewdog is the real deal. Proper real ale. Yes they are successful and as a result are stepping up on their industrialisation, but that is ultimately good. Anything that works to push out the properly processed crap laced with preservatives and chemicals to suppress the formation of the head so they can pour more pints an hour is all good by me. Other real ales are available so if you don’t like the stuff Brewdog produces then just go elsewhere. No need to spout incorrect BS and slate them with little or no actual knowledge of their operaton, but then in a world where opinion and fact is getting more and more mixed up in the minds of people it’s understandable.

Not a business I want to buy from.

all that from the source you quoted from? and people wonder why there are people like Donald Trump in this world. It takes more effort than a quick google and twentieth hand fake news on which to base an opinion.

Premier Icon wordnumb
    Free Member

(@DD)
    Again, true. Sadly.
    My first experience of their Bristol outlet may have been marred somewhat by the fact they’d clearly messed up cleaning the lines that evening and everything tasted of resident evil.
    Just been to the ‘sco, Punk IPA wasn’t cheap. St Austell all the way.

Premier Icon Blackflag

Brewdog own (or claim to own) the trademark to the word Punk within the context of alcohol and brewing. This, and the fact they are highly litigious and threaten other small companies (Lone Wolf and Draft Punk being two examples) makes them scumbags in my eyes.

Thousands of other beers out there, so no need to buy brewdog.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

The ironing in that post is that I could run past brewdog hq front door from my post wobbli

It was more a statement that geex post about trademarking of punk wasnt going to sway my opinion on brewdog – I’ll continue to sup it.

They do make some nasty stuff (indie and quake quench ) but alot of it is good and the main thing is that they make a wide variety all tasting very different.

Premier Icon Sandwich

all that from the source you quoted from?

Not at all, but you crack on with your assumptions. Business ethics are important to me, your approach may be different (and I make no judgement on that).

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

As a shareholder, I’d encourage you to all buy as much BrewDog beer as you can. Stay away from indie though, it’s shite.

My favourite is Clockwork Tangerine, which they’ve made a headliner now (so it’s available all year round).

You might also want to consider the Reddit posts from last month where Brewdog source their marketing ideas from fake job interviews.

re: the Manifest stuff – they were actually on retainer when they did the AF work, even though they claim the AF concept in totality. The company were responsible for a couple of marketing gaffes and were subsequently dropped by BrewDog (rightly IMO).

re: the woman claiming non payment for work – she was up for a senior position, and was reimbursed for her travel and expenses after she invoiced the company $6000 when she didn’t get the job.

Premier Icon dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

As i read it, she wasnt reimbursed for the flights and the invoice you mention was simply a means of protecting her intellectual property in case it happened to be used, which she claims it was.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

She was reimbursed for travel.

which she claims it was.

Don’t think it was. If BrewDog had used an original concept of hers, they would have paid her.

Premier Icon dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Weird that James Watt himself would apologise publicly on twitter a matter of weeks ago for not reimbursing her ey 🤔

Are you his mum or something Jim?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Brewdog punk AF’ is closed to new replies.