Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brew your own beer
  • mt
    Free Member

Now I’d have called it a Beer-O-Matic. I shall be supporting this invention and installing one at home.

allthepies
    Free Member

Are you in the US ? No 240V UK model available, might take some time before they get round to producing one, if at all.

jonnyrockymountain

Don’t do it
    I used to! but piled on the weight and was drinking every night?

allthepies
    Free Member

Well if you drink every night then you will gain weight. Just need a bit of will power to restrict the nights on the pop 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

They are making a UK model I think.

Bit pricey

peterfile
    Free Member

Surely if you’re going to take all of the skill out of it, you’d be better just going to the supermarket and buying some? Will probably work out cheaper doing that too.

Drac

Reward selection
    Pledge $1,599 or more
    INTERNATIONAL PICOBREW: You asked for it, you got it! Be the first outside of the US and Canada to experience PicoBrewing with our first international PicoBrew Zymatic(tm) release, available in your choice of 110 and 220v. (Outside of US and Canada only, Shipping paid separately, meeting of import regulations, payment of import duties and taxes are assumed by the buyer)

Limited (84 of 100 remaining)

Bit expensive but nice idea for a small pub.

john_drummer
    Free Member

now to me those “endorsements” suggest that it’s instant beer. Now that would be useful.

I brewed a batch of “Something Peculier” last Sunday. It’s still in the fermenting bin. When it finished it’ll need racking into another bin, fining and priming, then bottling. when that’s done it’ll need at least 3 weeks for bottle conditioning…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

from their site

In about 3 1/2 hours your keg will be no longer filled with water — it will contain beer wort (unfermented beer). At this point you just need to detach the keg from the machine (remove the hoses from the keg posts), chill the keg to room temperature (a 5G bucket of ice-water works well), add yeast and then seal the keg with an air-lock keg lid. Your beer will ferment in the keg you brewed it in in (typically) 5 days to 1 week.

peterfile
    Free Member

In about 3 1/2 hours your keg will be no longer filled with water — it will contain beer wort (unfermented beer). At this point you just need to detach the keg from the machine (remove the hoses from the keg posts), chill the keg to room temperature (a 5G bucket of ice-water works well), add yeast and then seal the keg with an air-lock keg lid. Your beer will ferment in the keg you brewed it in in (typically) 5 days to 1 week.

Yes, the beer with ferment in a week, but it will taste pretty rubbish if you try to drink it at that point.

I brewed a batch of “Something Peculier” last Sunday. It’s still in the fermenting bin. When it finished it’ll need racking into another bin, fining and priming, then bottling. when that’s done it’ll need at least 3 weeks for bottle conditioning…

The old peculier clone i brewed a while back is needing a few months to mellow out. It’s torture waiting! 🙂

I’m also a bit puzzled as to why they didn’t incorporate some sort of chiller? Having to dump that in an ice bath sort of takes away from the completeness of the unit IMO

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brew your own beer’ is closed to new replies.