Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brecon routes from Talybont
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

Anyone ridden this MTB Brecon Beacons route? :arrow:HERE
    I know there is better available i.e the GAP etc but trying to find a route the wife can do as well! Was thinking Afan will be to busy on a Hols Sunday morning. Had the Penhydd in mind but then remembered it'll be a kids fest this time of year!

timmys

Yeah did it with my girlfriend a couple of years ago. It's a nice ride with some slightly techy bits on the section next to the reservoir – at least it was back then due to the bridleway being very washed out, it might have been repaired.

One tip – at this point;

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=310362&Y=219120&A=Y&Z=115

make sure you go under the bridge and carry on down the bridleway rather than ending up on the fireroad as I did first go!

Depending where you are coming from, if Brechfa is in range then the green/blue route there is another place that's easy enough for a less confident rider but bags of fun for you too.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Cheers for that, we are down looking at houses in Neath and Merthyr on Sat before a little ride on Sun then back home. Expect Brechfa will be a bit far in the wrong direction.
    Can't believe I might actually live near all this soon! Beats the trek from Hampshire each time! 😀

old_mtber
    Free Member

The bit under the bridge is now repaired completely. You can also easily spend an afternoon exploring the Talybont Forest, there are plenty of rideable trails and the tramway gives good access from behind the pub in Talybont itself. Th second half of the blue route involves a lot of climbing although mainly on road!

coopersport1
    Free Member

Great climbing- she LOVES the hills 😆 😆

bainbrge

Coincidence, I was there last week with the gf. We did the talybont blue route and found it a bit frustrating due to the bridleway above the reservoir being very overgrown and pretty much unrideable (but only for about 2km). Spectacularly thick red mud as well! Lovely scenery though.

Brechfa gorlech trail was very good I thought, well worth a visit.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Penhydd is closed for forest work.Why not do the Wall.plenty of fun for all there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brecon routes from Talybont’ is closed to new replies.