Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Brechfa closures. Still worth a ride?
  • trusty

thinking of heading west for a ride this weekend as we need to pick up some stuff from Swansea. Afan’s still got closures on the Wall so looked at brechfa, which also has closures! Haven’t ridden brechfa for ages so have no idea on the impact of the closures. Still worth a ride?

Hareydan
    Free Member

I rode the black and red trails on saturday, didn’t notice any closures then.

trusty

We’d be doing the same so that’s positive! The information I have is from the bike brechfa site, not sure how up to date it is –
    <p dir=”ltr”><strong dir=”ltr”>”The Raven – Black Route<br dir=”ltr” />Diversion in place due to tree harvesting.</p>
    <p dir=”ltr”><strong dir=”ltr”>Gorlech – Red Route <br dir=”ltr” />Garden section diverted around due to repairs.”</p>

Edit – website is working as well as ever…

keppoch

Hi does anyone know the latest on Brecha? Would mainly be looking to ride the green an blue trails.

joebristol

Went to Brechfa a few weekends ago. There is a diversion in place – pretty sure it was on the red. You got right to the top and were expecting a good downhill but got diverted down a bumpy track for a bit then a few miles of fireroad. Other then that I didn’t see anything else and it was a bit of an epic route to start on the black – then onto the red and back to the start on the black. Think it was 42km in total. Had some really good fun descents in there.

toofarwest

Green and blue are fine at the moment, pretty sure the only current diversion is on the red (first two downhill singletrack sections)

nicksixtynine
    Free Member

Hi, the final green/blue descent to the carpark is closed. Not sure why, but did see a few riding it last night. The first descent on the Gorlech has been closed on and off for weeks. Weekends and evenings we’ve just ignored it, think it’s just that there may be forestry traffic where you cross the fire road.

Twodogs

Red was fully open on Saturday

P-Jay
    Free Member

As far as I know the only TC trails in South Wales that’ aren’t closed or diverted are…. drumroll…. Penhydd and Blue Scar. (And possibly Raven at Brechfa).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa closures. Still worth a ride?’ is closed to new replies.