Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Brechfa Black Run – anyone ridden it?
  • nacho
    Free Member

If yes how was it? Going on Saturday for the first time, not sure if I should take HT or FS?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep. Great fun.

Take both and do a lap on each!

You can link up red and black in to one loop as well. Highly recommended.

Also, don’t overlook the blue/green. Ridden at speed they’re great!

odysseymtb
    Free Member

All doable on a HT, but I would say I enjoy it more on the full susser.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

+1 on linking red and black

grum
    Free Member

You can do red and black – black is the best bit imo. Can’t help you on hardtail vs full suss as my only bike is a full suss. There’s a good freeridey/jumpy section so whatever bike is best for that IMO.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yes ridden it once and absolutely love it. Had a 100mm full sus which coped nicely. Just attack every downhill section, some of them are slightly “all or nothing” so if you don’t go for it, you don’t get a nice feel riding it.

Jamesy
    Free Member

I thought bretchfa was closed ?

rusty90
    Free Member

Green/Blue/Black out of Byrgwm officially closed due to harvesting. Went out last night and did selected bits of the green, black and blue with no problems (apart from the rain). Mrs Rusty went out this morning and reported lots of activity round the start of the green/end of the black – chainsaws, trucks etc.
    *Should* be rideable at the weekend, but caveat emptor.
    The Red out of Abergorlech is still fully open.

nacho
    Free Member

Thanks all, we were going to do the Black raven and themn hopefully the red, travelling up from Devon and stayign overnight, rusty90, does that mean we can’t ride them? 🙁

ctrl
    Free Member

Anyone knwo how long the trails are closed for? The only site I use is MBWales and that is useless for updates.

Its deff worth linking red & black though. I’ve done both on my hardtail so can vouch for that being fine. Done the black on my full suss but prefer the HT. Personal preference though.

nacho
    Free Member

Tend to prefer my FS so I can hammer the descents quicker so think I will (hopefully) go for that. I have just called (answerphone) and e-mailed Brechfa so will post up the reply when I get it

rusty90
    Free Member

ctrl and nacho – see my previous post
    Green, Blue, Black officially closed for 15 weeks, unofficially may still be rideable at weekends, at your own risk.
    Red out of Abergorlech still open, you can link up to the Black from there.

Fetchezlavache
    Free Member

HT Will be fine. Black is great fun but arguably shouldn’t actually be a black. As has been said, green & blue shouldn’t be dismissed either as they’re good fun..

There’s a “brechfa monster” route you’ll come across if you google it which is pretty good and a mix of most routes.

Enjoy

niloC
    Free Member

The trails from Byrgwm, green, blue & black are closed until december for logging and some maintenance, the logging affects the first mile or so of the fire roads, so closed for safety reasons but there is a byway 100 yds down the main road that gives legal access to the forest and brings you out after the qualifier, which avoids the logging area, not sure what maintenance is being done though, so it’s at your own risk!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa Black Run – anyone ridden it?’ is closed to new replies.