Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Breaking in Cowboy boots
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

just like your bike they are 2 sizes small & whatever you do they will never fit.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Has someone got a calendar I can borrow? I keep checking mine, but it definitely says 2012, but this thread is new and seems to be from 1982? There’s 30 years I can’t account for. Confused

stratobiker
    Free Member

You just have to wear them.
    Though getting them wet, then drying them on your feet does help.

Just put your ‘shrink to fit’ 501 jeans on, and your boots, go for a ride in the forest, dry out in front of the log burner…et voila!!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Firstly 😆

Secondly, dubbin all over and then beat with a hide faced hammer all over, (and then you can do something with the boots, (before anyone else says anything))

Houns

KY Jelly, you should have some knocking around I’m sure…

kayak23

Wrestle a few steers, soon break em in…

Pook

YOU ARE NOT WEARING JEANS AND COWBOY BOOTS TO THAT WEDDING YOU’RE GOING TO ON SATURDAY

beamers

“my friend” bought some from the Alberta Boot Company in Calgary a couple of year ago and I found, I mean he found, that they didn’t need much breaking in.

Oh, and MTFU.

nicko74

my friend” bought some from the Alberta Boot Company in Calgary

How much did your friend pay for them? I might be heading out that way shortly, and I’ve always had a hankering to buy some boots… for a friend

beamers

Can’t remember to be honest, however they have boots to cater for all tastes and budgets.

Home

stavromuller
    Free Member

No need to go to Yankeeland for your new boots, saw these for sale in Majorca thanks to Tony Mora

scaredypants

aw, man – the snakeskin ones are AWESOME !

beamers

Mine, I mean my friend’s, are quite dull by comparison:

maccruiskeen

This is the go-to guy when it comes to Breakin’ in Cowboy Boots

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txStpDftdFk[/video]

tom84
    Free Member

technically they are roper boots.

internet pedantry might wear them down.

‘salty water, rinse, oil, wear’ will break em in.

Tiger6791

Shouldn’t be any different to breaking in SPDs although you’ll need flats

Heavier on the front brakes
    Don’t lock up the rear (skids are for kids)

HTH 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I WANT those Snakeskin ones. I used to have a pair of Snakeskin shoes back in the early nineties.. along with a RED Yoji Yamamoto suit. Sheesh.

Pook you are a Cowboyist 😥 bah!

can-uk
    Free Member

Are they regular cowboy boots or “Mexican” cowboy boots?

wwaswas

you’ll be needing a codpiece to go with those Maxican ones for the proper medieval look.

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking of Blackadder the first as well 8)

binners

The Black Russian?

hels
    Free Member

Same way as normal boots ? Wear them for 20 mins to identify where they hurt your feet. Big fabric plasters on those bits of your feet. Thickish pair of socks and wear them around the house for a few hours at a time, gradually building up.

(scans post quickly for unintentional double-entendre, is satisfied)

I have a mighty fine pair of cowboy boots, but mine are black high-heeled and snakeskin with loads of metal studs so more of a goth-cowgirl hybrid.

And for the record, cowboy boots are cool, always have been cool, always will be cool. Except in the 80s when they became fashionable.

TooTall
    Free Member

Pook you are a Cowboyist

Not Cowboyist – just Fake Cowboyist. A bit like Fakengers and their fixies and statement tattoos.

A real cowboy would just know how to break in his boots wouldn’t he?

hels
    Free Member

So what you need is a real cowboy to break them in for you ?? (don’t we all)

hora
    Free Member

A Cowboyenger? Actually it’d be a Cowboyder?

MrSmith
    Free Member

do you tuck your jeans in the tops Mark? i bet that looks fantastic. especially with your check shirt tucked in and stretched over your paunch.

ranch casual for the sartorially challenged.

binners

A real cowboy would probably break them in by having them stampeded by a herd of cattle

What do you need to break them in for? You’re only going to be walking from Via Fossa to Cruz 101?

hora
    Free Member

do you tuck your jeans in the tops Mark? i bet that looks fantastic. especially with your check shirt tucked in and stretched over your paunch.

Anyone under the age of 60 who does that should be taken out and shot in the back of the head.

Harry_the_Spider

All the rage in Manto*.

*I’m old and don’t go out anymore, so Manto may not be such a great cultural reference… not that I ever went. 😳

CountZero

I do what hels suggests. I’ve just bought a pair of German army boots, really nice thick leather and leather lined, but where they crease across the toes they press on my feet, so I just fold up some kitchen roll or thin cloth into a pad and put it into my sock where the pressure is. Works a treat.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you want breaking in if you wear cowboy boots

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Compede blister stickers helped with proper manly work boots.

slowrider
    Free Member

This is the first of 6 threads

the second will be ‘what moustache shape looks most manly?’

the third will be ‘anyone know of any bars in manchester where likeminded hairy guys hang out?’

the fourth will be ‘advice please, me and the mrs arent getting on, theres just no chemistry’

the fifth will be ‘what lubricant to remove zak’s action man figure i accidentally sat on?’

the sixth will be ‘which water wings for moving in with michael barrimore?’

Coyote
    Free Member

^ 😆 ^

This truly is the thread that keeps on giving.

binners

The same could be said of Hora, or any of the gentlemen he meets in Cruz 101. Depending on whose turn it is to be ‘daddy’

portlyone

Binners sure knows a lot about this Cruz 101 place…

McHamish
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Cheers, that ‘place’ is now registered in my google/browser history. Soon google will send me ad’s for facials.

Slowrider it’ll be Movember again soon as well..

slowrider
    Free Member

are you actually going to raise some money this time? or just grow a pair of buggery handles and hope you blend in with all the charitable types like last year?

Pook

raise money for charity? hora? how’d the peak 100 go Freddie?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Breaking in Cowboy boots’ is closed to new replies.