Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Breaking Bad – Any Good ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

After watching every single episode of “Lost”, I decided I’d never commit myself to a long-running series again.

Same here 🙂

Which is why the second reply I got on this thread raised a wry smile.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I hate telly usually, but breaking bad is top drawer, bitch.

(3-4 episode daily habit here)

nealglover
    Free Member

Four episodes watched now.

Liking it a lot more.

Even though he even wears the same clothes, I’m no longer seeing Hal Wilkerson :mrgreen:

warton
    Free Member

I’ve also been watching the Wire , first season was excellent I can see what all the fuss is about. Second season I’m not feeling the love for yet.

interesting. i think the 2nd season of the wire is the best. nothing I’ve seen before or since portrays the bleakness and poverty of working class america as well. it’s so depressing to watch, it draws you into their lives…

footflaps

I’ve also been watching the Wire , first season was excellent I can see what all the fuss is about. Second season I’m not feeling the love for yet.

I loved the first season, then gave up by about episode 5 of the 2nd season.

As for Breaking Bad, we watched the first two episodes last night and can’t really see what the fuss is about. Will give it a few more.

Best TV series we’ve seen recently was The Americans.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Don’t give up. Season two is one of my faves, once you’ve seen all the series it makes more sense. It is a bit slower than the other series but is so worth it. I do know a lot of people that whinge about season two though. Mind you I preferred ‘The Godfather Part Two’ to the first one so what do I know…

nealglover
    Free Member

Well that’s Season 1 finished.

Loving it so far 🙂

Starting Season 2 now !

tinribz
    Free Member

God dammit Marie they’re minerals!

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve never watched any non comedy series all the way through but breaking bad is awesome.

I tried lost which was ridiculous and didn’t like the wire.
    Sopranos I watched quite a lot of but BB is better.

prawny

jambourgie – Member
    Best tv show ever, bar none.
    Except maybe ‘The Wire’.

Did I mention ‘The Wire’?

Watching the wire now, finished season 4 tonight, I agree it’s fantastic, it’s hard to pick between the two but I’d give it to BB by a nose. I don’t think I’ll bother watching tv any more after season 5, doesn’t seem worth it.

Edit – The Sopranos! ain’t seen any of that yet, phew.

busydog
    Free Member

Best TV series we’ve seen recently was The Americans.

We really liked that as well–think it’s coming back for another season in January.

I still can’t believe we haven’t watched Breaking Bad and we live in Albuquerque—so I just received the DVD’s of the entire series, so will get into it. Be interesting to see how it looks taking place in my home town.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I lost the pub quiz over possum vs opossum on Monday. Today I get [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCbPqbEKMgU[/video]

Weird man…

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Enjoyed Breaking Bad also the following shows are up there with the best.
    The Wire
    Sons of Anarchy
    Deadwood
    Suits
    Homeland.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just finished watching Season 3.

Totally loving it now !

Starting season 4 ……..

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Don’t forget The Walking Dead and Les Revenants!

maybe not up there with the Sopranos but nothing comes close to that.

sc-xc

Sons of Anarchy? Hahahahabahahah

Maybe if you like daytime soap level acting.

Drac

Halfway through season 2 and still enjoying it he seems to be turning into a nasty piece of work.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve run out at final ep of s3. Need s4

retro83
    Free Member

Drac, revisit that comment when you’ve watched the last series 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Done!

Pook

Watch for the colour schemes. Walt’s clothes take on particular themes depending on what’s going on. He normally wears beige but sometimes it’s black…

Red/orange is a signal (mainly with Jesse).

Marie always wears purple….

the colours of breaking bad (spoilers within!)

footflaps

We’ve just started season 4. Season 3 was absolutely epic, I can see why it got such good reviews!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Breaking Bad – Any Good ?’ is closed to new replies.