Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Breaking Bad – Any Good ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Just watched the first episode on Netflix.

Is it worth sticking with? Hard to tell after one episode but it seemed pretty good.

If not, what else shall I look out for on there?

Haze

Yes, stick with it.

miketually
    Free Member

If it was any good it would have had five series and the web would have been full of people raving about how amazing it was. I’d not bother.

nealglover
    Free Member

Lost had six series and lots of people raving about it.

I thought that was a bit shit 🙂

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yeah it’s amazing. Still not watched the last few episodes.

Not quite as good as ‘The Wire’, but then, what is?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Im caning 4 episodes a night since discovering the other week

akip
    Free Member

Yes.

I wish I could watch it again, from the beginning, as if I had never seen it. I envy you.

therag
    Free Member

Yes, stick with it. Keeps getting better.

emac65
    Free Member

Never seen it,but both my sons think it’s the best thing ever…….So probably not going to bother watching it as they mostly watch sh1te………

fd3chris
    Free Member

I really tried to like it as was told it was good but in the middle of the second season it is just so slow it puts me to sleep.

tinribz
    Free Member

Just did the netflix thing too, start to finish. No Boardwalk Empire but good. Moved on to Battlestar straight after, also not bad, the Six’es make up for the plot gaps.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Yes, I don’t care for telly much but watch all six series in 4 weeks on Netflix

bluebird
    Free Member

Just watched the last episode on Sunday. Probably the best series I’ve watched. Beats the Wire for me. Unlike the Wire it’s gets better, which I thought was fantastic to start with and then petered out. Breaking Bad really picks up from the end of season 2.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Yep, stick with it. Very good indeed. About to watch S4 E14. Sh1t is about to go down yo!

S5 E1-8 already lined up. S5 E8 onwards released on DVD anytime now.

Someone bought the missus S1 on DVD for her birthday in September and we’ve been working our way through 2 episodes a night.

Once finished we’ll be back to watching The Wire S3.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I[/video]

tonyd

We started watching it three weeks ago and are on season 5 already. Worth sticking with IMO.

daiboy
    Free Member

Hey we finished it on Sunday too. I enjoyed the ending.

KoB, beware of flitting between BB and The Wire, it’s a bit of a mind fudge to go from the vast dustiness of Albuquerque to the durge of Baltimore!

nealglover
    Free Member

Cheers, Sounds like I’ll stick with it then.

I guess it will change, but after the first episode I can’t get out of my head that it was the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.
    He’s playing the same character 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Apparently when it ends hes put into Witness protection and becomes malcolm in the middles dad..

prawny

Best tv show ever, bar none.

tinribz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0dUW34f4bQ[/video]

tacopowell
    Free Member

Check out the iMDB ratings for each Season & Episode, The final episode received a 10/10 and rightfully so.

Breaking Bad is the best TV ever created, Watch until Season 3, if your not hooked by then theres something seriously wrong with you.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is that a spoiler…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Best tv show ever, bar none.

Except maybe ‘The Wire’.

Did I mention ‘The Wire’?

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’m halfway through season 4 and enjoying it. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s amazing though.

ton

best thing I have seen since LOTR trilogy.
    I am hooked, on season 5 part 1.

Pook

Middle of series 4 here. It’s ace. And I don’t get into tv shows

richmtb

I loved Breaking Bad really top drawer and unlike a lot of all series that had peaks and troughs it was great all the way through and is topped off with a brilliant conclusion

I’ve also been watching the Wire , first season was excellent I can see what all the fuss is about. Second season I’m not feeling the love for yet.

Also check out lesser known series called Braking Bad its about a guy who fits Superstar pads to his Avid brakes

Pook

Stick with it, yo

arrpee
    Free Member

It’s very good indeed. Great writing and performances. Also really nicely shot. The pace is fairly similar to The Wire and The Sopranos. I wouldn’t call it slow at all. ‘Stately’ or ‘unhurried’ would be more accurate, although it’s punctuated by some great action sequences (Hank in the mall car park anyone?).

One thing all three have in common is subtlety. The writers know you don’t need a plot synopsis every five minutes.

Cougar

Given that I’ve zero interest in the subject matter, I was properly addicted. By the end I was counting off the days till I could see the next episode. Exceptional viewing.

Cougar

Also really nicely shot.

I’m glad you said that; there’s some really creative camera work in Breaking Bad. It’s subtle, I only really started paying attention to it relatively later on when I caught a couple of the ‘behind the scenes’ documentaries but it’s worth looking out for. Throughout they strive for ‘inside the beaker’ type shots and it’s wonderous.

MrSmith
    Free Member

best thing on the telly since the red riding trilogy.
    it gets 99% from me, dropped 1% for the episode with the fly in the lab which annoyed me a bit(not a spoiler)
    had to ration the episodes or would have rattled through it.
    as above well crafted, some great characters and jaw dropping moments.
    will probably re-watch in a year or so.

Drac

Well finally watched the 1st Episode. Seems pretty good well written and some nice humour.

hooli

We are at the end of season 1, enjoying it so far but I do find it a bit slow. Each episode should be 30 minutes and not 45 or whatever it is.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Watch until Season 3, if your not hooked by then theres something seriously wrong with you.

That’s quite a telly watching commitment to make on the off chance you still might not be hooked 😆

FWIW I tried watching it a year or two back and struggled to get into it. Maybe I should try again…

freddyg
    Free Member

I haven’t watched any episodes of both Breaking Bad and The Wire.

After watching every single episode of “Lost”, I decided I’d never commit myself to a long-running series again.

Should I reconsider?

winston_dog
    Free Member

Season 1 is quite different from the later ones. It was much more a black comedy than a drama.

I loved all of it and thought it was the best TV series I have ever seen. I think I was subjected to the same conditioning as Peter Griffin!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Just finished ’em with final two episodes last night.

Best thing for me is how the characters develop and change. Subtle evolution throughout, starting with something you can relate to and eventually turning into… well you’ll have to watch and see.

What to watch next though?
    As I’ve only seen series 3 of The Killing, I think I’ll have to go back and try the previous two series.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s no Wire but it’s still good and worth watching.

I’d have given up on life if I’d watched every episode of Lost.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Breaking Bad – Any Good ?’ is closed to new replies.