Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Breakfast near Heathrow Recommendations
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Picking up my parents from Heathrow tomorrow at 7am. Can anyone recommend somewhere nearby to get breakfast before we travel back home. I’ve looked at a few places in Staines but they don’t seem to open until 9am.

scuttler

Surely they won’t be hungry

peekay

Which terminal and how far are you traveling with them after picking up?

Depends on what you want but there are not a great deal of breakfast options immediately by the airport.

Most of them would cost a lot in time (driving in to Staines at that time in the morning will take around 40mins, which if you are not heading that direction anyway is silly) or parking (each terminal has a couple of options for a sit down breakfast in arrivals or landside departures, but parking in the short stay car parks can be expensive). Might be better to get on the road for 30 mins or so and stop somewhere more pleasant.

Other options; there are two McDonald’s on the Bath Road just to the north of the airport, or you could book in to one of the many hotels nearby for breakfast .

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It depends on what kind of breakfast you’re looking for.

If you’re after a greasy spoon type place you usually can’t go wrong with Fat Boys Cafe in Polye. It’s about 10 minutes away from T5.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Picking up from T3, then got 3.5 hours drive home, round M25 then up M1. Ruled out in terminal options because of car parking.

Wanting somewhere reasonably nice to sit down as my brother is coming to meet up as well. I’ll be waiting at the McDonalds on Bath Road with a coffee for a call saying I can pick them up from the drop off point 🙂

revs1972
    Free Member

Riverside Transport Cafe on the Colnbrook Bypass (A4) does a good breakfast

scuttler

A lot of those airport hotel buffet breakfasts will be £15-20 a pop (Radisson, Sheraton) and they may even charge you for parking although you could argue the toss on that. To avoid getting rinsed go to a Premier Inn a few miles away.

peekay

The White Horse pub just to the North West between the Perimeter road and Bath Road apparently does breakfast.  I’ve had dinner /evening drinks there a couple of times and it is quite nice given its location so close to the airport. Not tried the breakfast though.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with a Premier Inn breakfast in my book.

Several around, the one on the Bath Road is probably best, but not sure how much parking would be.

bentandbroken

Parking at the premierInn Bath road will be £10.00

Slightly closer to the airport ‘entrance’ is Cafe Chi which has a car park nearby that charges by the hour and services a number of commercial units close by. It is small and does not see to have a website, but you can find it here;- Cafe Chi

Good simple food, with reasonable priced parking is hard to find any closer to Heathrow.

Alternatively there are two McDonalds on Bath road that have car parks, but will be full of Addison Lee Drivers

TrekEX8
    Free Member

…..but watch out, even McDonalds will send you a Parking Notice if you exceed, I think, 60 minutes

martymac

Ive used the premier inn on bath road several times, it’s excellent.

london_lady
    Free Member
    lodger

careful trying to pick up at the drop off point – there are lots of signs (at least at T5) that say you’ll get fined for doing it.

It may just be to discourage Uber, but its a risk.

While looking at the Heathrow website I came across this, which looks to be worth investigating:

Members of the public can use the Long Stay car park for two hours free of charge [get directions]. Re-entry to Heathrow Long Stay parking is prohibited within 24 hours. This facility is not available to private hire and trade vehicles. Upon exit, the barriers will read your ticket or registration number. For stays of over two hours the standard Short Stay tariffs will apply.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast near Heathrow Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.