• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jeffl.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Breakfast in Southwark?
  • cjr61

Taking the kids (12, 6 and 3) to London (help us!) and looking for a nice breakfast near our hotel in Southwark. Does anyone have any suggestions? Found the pancake place but need something opening a little earlier as little (and admittedly mine – big) stomachs will be rumbling.
    Cheers

kilo

Terry’s Cafe on Great Southwark Street.

cjr61

Thanks @Kilo – fairly child friendly?

theotherjonv

It’s London so nothing’s cheap but I’ve had a great brunch at the Breakfast Club, albeit not the London Bridge branch but the one at Spitalfields (the speakeasys are good too later at night)

London Bridge

Not so good with the kids but for my daughter’s 18th we went to sketch in Mayfair, which was Michelin star quality brunching. Just putting it out there for others.

kilo

I’ll be honest I’ve no idea about what constitutes child friendly, not having kids, it’a cafe rather than a chain but it’s quite a well known place so I’d imagine you wouldn’t be the first kids in there.

cjr61

Terry’s looks good! Thanks very much

mogrim

There’s a Giraffe on the river next to the Royal Festival Hall – that’s definitely child friendly, although it’s a chain so a bit more souless than a proper café.

cjr61

Thanks Giraffe looks good too. Terry’s wins because it’s open early but may stop off at Giraffe later in the day. Great

jeffl

Terry’s Cafe looks awesome. Will be trying it when I’m next down there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.