Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Breakfast before you morning commute or after?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

As title… Breakfast before you morning commute or after?

I’ve been having my bowl of porridge before my 14 mile commute in the morning, but it would be almost as easy to have it when I get to work, is there any benefit to doing this?

D0NK

Porridge after the commute for me.
    alarm goes off, get up, get dressed, leave house, no faff.

rickmeister

After for me or I struggle up the hills… porridge here as well…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fuzzhead
    Free Member

after for me, but need a coffee before

soobalias
    Free Member

before, porridge is easier to keep/make at home.

it makes itself while i walk the dog then takes me less than 30secs to eat. I only have a small portion.

although to be fair, im already tucking into my almonds/hazlenuts, but that could be boredom while im waiting for the shower.

binners

The pre-commute breakfast of champions 😉

jota180
    Free Member

Works well after for me

I work from home so don’t really commute but I always go out and run or ride before breakfast
    I need a coffee though just to make my bowels move, otherwise it can get a bit uncomfortable if I’m running 😯
    I need to take medication anyway well before food so – to some extent – it’s forced on me but I reckon it tastes better after a good workout

fourbanger
    Free Member

Out of bed, into kit, pedal like ****, shower at work, breakfast.

Paceman
    Free Member

Porridge after the commute for me.
    alarm goes off, get up, get dressed, leave house, no faff.

This is what i’m thinking. I can easily make the porridge at work.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If I eat before commuting I feel sick. So it is a cup of tea and out the door. But I always carry an energy bar just in case and I was glad of it this morning.

mocha
    Free Member

after, sometimes an apple on my way out the door if feeling peckish.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Before and after for me!

cudubh

Definitely after, quick coffee and fruit juice before leaving. Quick up and out in the morning. No cooking facilities at work but there is a canteen which serves poridge of variable quality.

clubber
    Free Member

A couple of bananas before just to get me there and then breakfast at work.

scaredypants

during ?

easygroove
    Free Member

up, out, ride….shower…eat food @ work and then seem to graze all day

amplebrew

I always eat after the morning commute.

I don’t like cycling whem I’ve just eaten and it also means that I can have a bit longer in bed, which is always good.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Quick cup of tea and a small bowl of granola at home then porridge and coffee at work 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Before for me, then caffine til lunch. Tried waiting til I got here but ended up being ravenous all day.

NB: I accept that this goes against the percieved wisdom.

avdave2

Eat first, but I can eat breakfast at any time.Even when I have to get up at 3 in the morning to catch a flight I still have breakfast at home and then maybe another one at the airport. When I was a postman many years ago I had one breakfast when I woke up and another after the first delivery.
    I’ve never had a problem with eating before exercising, when I worked up in Shoeburyness I would stagger up from the table after eating the massive meals my landlady cooked walk to the local pool and swim a mile or two.

Lifer
    Free Member

No showers at work so I have a couple of weetabix, shower then ride in. Freshen up at the sinks then granola bar/banana before I start work. 1st sandwich at 11 second at 1 with more granola/banana/tracker bars as and when.

IA

Before. Except when I’m riding before work, then it’s up and out at 6, back for breakfast at 8, then back out the door to work at about 8.20….

…then cave in at eat my packed lunch about 1030 and go get something else for lunch at 1 😉

orangeboy
    Free Member

Coffe first. Then porridge at work after ride
    Just saves time

TeaBoyPaul

Either for me…. I prefer to ride then have breakfast when I get to work, but this isn’t always practical as I need to help get the kids off to school on time!

Solo
    Free Member

Eat when you get to work and get paid for doing so.
    😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Both for me today! Rice Krispies and toast before, then I was really hungry at half 9 so a bowl of porridge too.

Fat knacker!

mcboo
    Free Member

Up at 0530 for boiled eggs, maybe a bowl of muesli. Shower at home, 5 mile easy commute. Coffee and bannana after the 0715 morning meeting, apple, pineapple around 1000, lunch at 1145 by which time I am famished.

Been trying to really watch what I eat since I came off being sick, dropped about 4kg in 3 weeks. Find I’m eating much less in the afternoons and evenings…..I think maybe my body is getting used to smaller portions. Who would have thought it?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Big mug of strong coffee, commute, shower, breakfast at desk.

Unless your commute is huge, your body doesn’t need fuelling beforehand.

binners

mcboo – When you say pineapple at 1000. A whole pineapple? I’ve just got this picture of you sat at your desk carving up a whole pineapple with a big hunting knife

mcboo
    Free Member

You keep your fruit based fantasies about me to yourself binners you dirty barsteward.

stevie750

get up, pee, clean teeth, get kit on, pee again leave
    get to work clock in , shower , have breakfast

njee20
    Free Member

Before for me, fairly long commute though.

Riding on an empty stomach promotes fat burning. Can be pretty miserable though!

hels
    Free Member

If I cycle in it’s 18 miles, so I follow a two breakfast strategy. Poached egg on toast before I leave then a reward scone and huge coffee after my shower at work.

njee20
    Free Member

If I cycle in it’s 18 miles, so I follow a two breakfast strategy

Double that, then add half, plus 130+ traffic lights. There’s mine. Done on a bowl of cereal beforehand 😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast before you morning commute or after?’ is closed to new replies.