Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Breakfast and a night out in Bristol
  • keppoch

Evening,

Can any Bristol locals help me with a couple of recommendations:

1. Best place to get breakfast near Temple Meads station on a Saturday morning
    2. Good pubs/bars/areas to go out on Saturday evening. Looking to find some local spots rather than grotty chain bars. I’ve been to Start the Bus and Mr Wolf’s before and liked those.

Thanks all.

CountZero

Can’t help with the breakfast thing, I don’t do breakfast, and I’m never in Brissle at that time of the day, but if you want a decent pub with a huge range of beers, and that does some pretty decent food, then Colston Yard at the top of Colston Street is the place to go. Nice surroundings as well; if a gig at the O2 or Colston Hall kicks out in time, it’s the pub I always head to.
    http://colstonyardbristol.com

Philby

Hart’s Bakery under the arches by Temple Meads is the place to go. Instead of going up the ramp to the station take the drive immediately to the right and its on the left.

Drinking in town I would suggest King Street which has quite a few decent hostelries including the Small Bar, Naval Volunteer and Bristol Beer Emporium all in the space of 20 metres – and a few others within 5 minutes walk.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wallop

+1 Harts Bakery. Or if you’re set on a spoon then there is a Wetherspoons nearby called the Knights Templar.

Another vote for King Street too.

nickjb
    Free Member

King street would be my choice too if you want to try a few places out. Just don’t have too many in The Apple if you have plans the next day.

Jakester
    Free Member

Is Harts open on a Saturday though?

Mud Dock isn’t TOO far away from TM, but it’s a bit of a desert round there.

simonhbacon
    Free Member

Source in St Nicks market has the best breakfast in Bristol. They make their own sausages, black pudding and baked beans.
    It is conveniently just around the corner from Kings st and the ‘Beermuda triangle’: Small Bar, Famous Royal Naval Volunteer, Beer Emporium.

wallop

Yes Harts is open on a Saturday.

keppoch

Thanks all, some very useful stuff here.

Is Gloucester Road any good for a pub crawl?

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh yes it is! It’s not remotely like start the bus though, very hipster.
    I’d probably go to mud dock for breakfast. Nice surroundings, and a bike shop downstairs.

Philby

Some good pubs around Stokes Croft / Kingsdown which are quite lively – Attic, The Canteen, Hare on the Hill, Hillgrove.

Gloucester Road there’s Blue Lagoon, Galliamurphy, Prince of Wales, Bristol Flyer and a few others.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast and a night out in Bristol’ is closed to new replies.