Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Breakdown cover for 2x car 4x family…
  • matt_outandabout

I’m struggling to find a policy that is both multi car and multi persons.

It seems I’m going to take two Autonational (Autoaid) policies as that will cover two cars, anyone driving.

Any other suggestions?

Scapegoat

Been with the RAC for years. Might not be the cheapest, but we’ve got cover for a family of four, four cars, and everyone named is also covered for any car they’re a passenger in.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find a policy that is both multi car and multi persons.

RAC covers the person, not the car.

My wife and I have joint memebership, funded through Tesco points, which covers either of us  in any car even if it’s not ours and we’re only passengers.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Why would you need to take out two AutoAid policies?

I’ve just checked, they cover the individual not the car, and give free Spouse cover. I’ve been using them for me and the wife for a few years.

Having said that, I’ve just seen the price has jumped from £45 to £60!

Edit – I’ve just re-read and worked out you’ve got 4 adult drivers. Not sure there’s a single policy that will cover that.

matt_outandabout

That’s fine for two spouses – it spirals in cost to cover four of us – £425…!

Autonational is £128 for two cars on two policies, unlimited drivers.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just checked, they cover the individual not the car, and give free Spouse cover. I’ve been using them for me and the wife for a few years.

Spouse only.

I’ve got two 17 year old kids in January…

dooosuk
    Free Member

Spouse only.

I’ve got two 17 year old kids in January…

Yep, re-read and worked out what you meant. I can’t see you getting a single policy to cover you all.

sadmadalan

We have three cars and four drivers with the RAC. As above we use our Tesco points so the price is not too bad. Drivers are actually covered for any car

petec
    Free Member

one way around it (and I don’t know if they still do it) would be get the smilemore bank account on a shared bank account

£13 a month, and covers all the people who are named on the account. So worldwide travel, european break down, mobile phone insurance etc

fossy

AA covers 4 people. I extended mine to cover my son when he got his car, and my daughter got membership for free, even though she can’t drive, it covers the individual.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Britannia Rescue is £30 per vehicle (basic cover) for any driver. You can add personal cover for £26 per person if you want to cover driving other vehicles as well. If you’ve ever worked in the public sector (very broadly defined) you can join Boundless and get a discount on Britannia and LV insurance (the discount on Britannia alone isn’t worth the Boundless subs).

pocpoc
    Free Member

Nationwide joint bank account covers both myself and my wife in whatever car we are in even if we’re not the owner or driver.
    Not sure what the policy is on children (ours are a few years off yet) but the mobile phone insurance covers them for as long as they live in the same house.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Direct line here. But only two of us covered for any car we are in.

They use Green Flag I think.

About 16 quid a month for two of us, for full recovery, went up a quid after three callouts in one year.

Will look at bank account option at renewal time but think last time there was something like they would recover you home or up to 10 miles for repair whichever was nearest. So check that option carefully.

MoreCashThanDash

Our Green Flag cover is for both of us on both cars – about £10 a month.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Breakdown cover for 2x car 4x family…’ is closed to new replies.