Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Brave browser
  • Mounty_73

I have always been a user of Firefox but over the last 6 months or so it just seemed to be a bit sluggish and sometimes unresponsive, so I thought I would give Edge a go and it seems to perform a lot better.

Does anyone use or has used the Brave browser?

DickBarton

A new browser is always going to run faster than something that has been running for several months.
    Not tried it myself but clearing out system cache seems to sort most of my Firefox issues.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Edge or Edge Chromium?

The latter is replacing Edge in Windows and is based on Chromium that Google use for Chrome, just without the Google hooks and has Microsoft hooks instead (ties to MS account etc).

Performs better than Chrome at the moment. I found Chrome was getting bloated.

Edge Chromium in preview at the moment but in my opinion it’s production ready as a browser. As a replacement for old Edge it lacks a couple of things but it has extensions for many and you can use Chrome extensions also (basically same things just different store).

Never heard of Brave.

spekkie
    Free Member

I flit between IE, Chrome and Firefox.

They all seem to hang occasionally but I notice with Chrome and FF there are often half a dozen “Processes” running and it all adds up.

ta11pau1

I’ve used brave before but only for the ability to have multiple sessions, one per tab, for when I had to access multiple Microsoft 365 admin accounts for different customers.

Otherwise, Chrome.

Edge… Eugh.

l0key
    Free Member

Won’t be using a chromium based browser without opting out of experiments flag any time in the near future.

36 hours chasing our tails to find out Google ducked us.

beej

I’ve been using the insider build of Edge Chromium for about 6 months (or however long it’s been out for). It’s been excellent, especially considering it’s pre-production. Goes production in mid-Jan I think.

Way better than old Edge.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve used brave before but only for the ability to have multiple sessions, one per tab, for when I had to access multiple Microsoft 365 admin accounts for different customers.

Firefox with the containers add on is good for this. Can use different accounts in each tab.
    Also can use a separate container for Facebook, stops you getting tracked on other websites.

ta11pau1

That was in a previous job, so I don’t need more than 1 extra session now, one for my regular work SSO login and a chrome incognito tab for my separate Azure admin account.

sparksmcguff

Opera is another option, use that on the phone and tablet.
    Otherwise it’s Vivaldi (the seem team behind the original Opera. The guys how brought you tabbed browsing and all those other neat features we take for granted).
    Am going to give Brave a try.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Currently using Via browser on my tablet. It seem a very uncluttered and works. I was using Opera before, but this kept hanging,especially on the Singltrack site, hence the change! I’m not very techie, so anyone have any thoughts on the Via browser, especially for tablet duties?

Earl
    Free Member

I’ve been using Brave for a few months now. Occasionally when things don’t work I have to turn off the’Ad’ replacement feature for the website. So works 99% of the time. Pity can’t use it on chrome books.

So far I have earned 3 BAT which is a solid 0.71 usd. Sweet.

easily
    Free Member

I’ve been trying Brave.

I’m pleased with it mostly. It still needs work as it’s newish, but it’s mostly pretty smooth. I’ve also been trying the iOS version, which is very basic and needs serious attention before it’s worth using.

Brave is chromium based, and I’ve had no problem using add ons. It seems fast and reliable. I’d give it a cautious thumbs up.

molgrips
    Free Member

I notice with Chrome and FF there are often half a dozen “Processes” running and it all adds up.

That’s because each tab gets its own process. This is not a bad idea because if a page has a bad script on it your browser won’t hang, just that tab.

CountZero

Downloaded it onto my pad yesterday, but I hadn’t had chance to use it, just noticed the thread so I’m using it right now.
    On my iPad and iPhone I swap between Safari, Firefox, and DuckDuckGo, with DuckDuckGo as default search on all of them.
    I’m using DuckDuckGo with Brave as well, so it’ll be interesting to see how the browser performs over time.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Used brave, edge, edge chromium, chrome. Always come back to Firefox – which is not perfect by any means but I think it is important to have a viable competitor to chrome and chromium based browsers. Out of all of the chromium based ones brave appeals to me the most, privacy focussed and is actually trying to replace advertising revenue, not just blocking it. Founder got hounded out of Mozilla for questionable views. I am conflicted about that, I don’t like his politics, but not sure I agree that forcing him out was correct either.

Oh and AFAIK developers can only use the safari WebKit tenderer on iOS so installing other browsers on a iPad or iPhone seems to not bring much benefit.

CountZero

Oh and AFAIK developers can only use the safari WebKit tenderer on iOS so installing other browsers on a iPad or iPhone seems to not bring much benefit.

Other than the fact that on DuckDuckGo and Brave, I don’t get any adverts, whereas on Firefox and Safari I get loads of poxy pop-up ads. I have no problem with ads that appear in the text area, but more and more the ads cause the viewed page to jump up and down, which makes reading difficult and really pisses me off! 😖😠😡🤬

epicyclo

Mounty_73

I have always been a user of Firefox but over the last 6 months or so it just seemed to be a bit sluggish and sometimes unresponsive…

Make sure SearchMine has not installed itself.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Brave browser’ is closed to new replies.