Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Brassic, the tv show…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Is anyone else watching? Absolutely loving it!
    I’m sure some will have seen one of the main characters is Michelle Keegan and thought meh, maybe even the exact opposite but don’t let that put you off. Joe Gilgun who plays the main character is quality.
    Very funny, sometimes dark, but did I mention, very funny. Go on give it a try.

robbo1234biking

Just watching at the moment. We are on episode 4 and really enjoying it.

tewit
    Free Member

Yeah we’ve been watching as I grew up in Bacup so have been trying to recognise the streets and country lanes. Wasn’t so keen at first but really enjoying it now. They’ve just been filming some more as well.

PMK2060

Me and the missus both enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second season.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

We’ve watched all of the first series. Enjoyed every second of it.

Joseph Gilgun was on the Distraction Pieces Podcast last month. He’s an interesting man and if I remember rightly he’s a mountain biker.

nickewen
    Free Member

Funniest thing I’ve watched in a long time. Proper laugh out loud funny. Reminds me of shameless. Great show and can’t wait for season 2!

richardkennerley

We’ve just finished it off tonight, really liked it, glad they’re making more

PMK2060

There is a clip on YouTube of Joe Gilgun crashing into the side of a car on his mountain bike. The driver has uploaded the clip blaming the crash on Joe. It looks to me that the driver pulled forward.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Just about to watch the last episode, seemed a bit slow at first but really enjoying it now.

Not sure who it is who plays the doctor but he’s been great.

DezB
    Free Member

Very funny. Great characters – Joseph Gilgun always seems to be in good stuff (Eg Misfits).
    And Erin is rather a pleasing visual accoutrement 😊

The doc is only Dominic West. Slight improvement from that shitty ‘The Affair’ garbage!

nuke

Still got a few left but loving it so far. Glad to hear they’ll be a second season

wrightyson
    Free Member

Glad to see it’s not just me. Weve only got the one left to watch. I absolutely loved episode 5, the GP (copdoc) absolutely killed me in that episode. Just a great cast and hope they nail it again on series 2!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah Joe is a mountain biker and quite fast too! Met him when I was out riding around Rivington.

I was just chatting away and had no idea who he was, then it was my missus who asked him was he off the telly lol.

FuzzyWuzzy

I binge watched them all last Sunday, great series and hope they make more. Some of the scenes are set up so obviously you know what’s going to happen but it’s still hilarious, other scenes are just unexpectedly bonkers (and still funny).

Michelle Keegan and thought meh

How very dare you!

samperry25
    Free Member

If your enjoying Dominic West as the doctor then you need to check out The Wire. Brilliant show.

Currently on episode 3 of Brassic and loving it.

binners

I’ve never even heard of this, but just had a quick look and I’ll definitely give it a viewing

They filmed it in Bacup? Did they all make it out alive?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Just for balance I thought it was a bit meh… Joe is very one dimensional and plays the same character in every show hes in. I think I laughed once in the whole series.

smogmonster

If you want to see Joseph Gilgun in his funniest role then you have to watch Preacher on Amazon Prime. Its absolute class

derek_starship
    Free Member

Loving this show.
    Never thought I’d hear Michelle Keegan say “finish yourself off on me tits.”
    Gilgun is ace in everything. Brilliant in Misfits

DezB
    Free Member

you have to watch Preacher

Ah yes, this has been recommended to me before. I shall check it out before my Prime runs out (Amazon one, I mean. Mine ran out long ago)

binners

Cheers for the heads up on this wrightyson.

3 episodes in and we’re absolutely loving it! 😃

mahalo

enjoyed the first episode (McNulty was hilarious) but gave up after 3 or 4, seen it all before..

unovolo
    Free Member

Useless fact of the day, my brother was good mates at High school with the writer ‘Danny Brocklehurst’.

Saw him on some news show the other day discussing/promoting Brassic and he hasnt changed a bit.

sadexpunk

just watched series 2, its a belter.

enjoyed the first series but think that series 2 is even better. proper LOL moments, WTF?? moments, yet intertwined with really sad, moving moments too. really, really well-written, top viewing.

eulach

I watched the entire first season and didn’t get that the Doc was McNulty. I new I’d seen him in something but I just didn’t link him with a Baltimore police.

FuzzyWuzzy

Good to hear, all downloaded and ready to binge watch over the weekend

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Brassic, the tv show…’ is closed to new replies.