• This topic has 142 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Brands you wouldn't touch with a barge pole…
  • yunki
    Free Member

Sadly Audi now cater for the pond life and the wannabee’s.

Are you in a mood…?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The wannabee’s what?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The wannabee’s what?

Th wannabee’s nectar, not as sweet as you’d think and leaves a peculiarly fishy aftertaste

DaRC_L

Murdoch (Sky) + 1
    Trek – after George Bush got one
    BMW – unfortunately they still rank just below Mercs & White Vans on my commute
    Abercrombie & Retch (& Hollister by assoc) – in NY I had to leave the shop as the perfume fanned throughout the shop was making me vom…
    Tesco, ASDA

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Some people might argue that people who don’t like AUDI or BMW are just sore that they can’t afford one and are stuck in a Passat or whatever, and would secretly jump at the chance, if offered, to own one of these brands…..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It’s the default car brand for people who care more about their own self image than what they actually drive. A default brand for those who want a flash motor, but who actually know very little about cars or driving.

The Man U of the car world?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d much rather have a Passat than an Audi. Maybe not a BMW though.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Oh don’t get me wrong I don’t like AUDIs, talk about style over substance. The ultimate tosser’s car maybe. BMW make mostly great cars though.

derekrides
    Free Member

bol

Hope: nasty looking. Overly hyped and under-performing. Still like their hubs mind…

Not saying they’re cheap or naff. Just not for me.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My current BMW is pretty reliable, quick and cheap to run.
    Vodafone coverage is better than I get with Orange at the moment so I am going back.
    Sky – nowt wrong with them! Good service in my opinion.

Capitalist pig. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

On-One/Ragley cos Brant was very arrogant, condescending and rude to me on here once simply cos I expressed my onion that something he’d done weren’t all that aesthetically pleasing.

Actually I might buy something off On-One’s website now he’s left, but I’d never buy anything he’s ‘designed’ or had a hand in.

I imagine he’s absolutely devastated at the loss of my custom. 😐

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Coca cola , Starbucks and maccys as standard

Also, any sort of lifestyle brand like howies, fox, Calvin Klein, abercrombie and fitch, Rapha etc. All are absolutely cringe worthy.

BMW, Audi and Volkswagen – probably considered cool cars if you’re middle aged and work in marketing

wrecker
    Free Member

“lifestyle” brand? bollocks. I purchased fox gloves and helmet, not a fox “lifestyle”. I’d imagine that would have been more expensive.
    This thread is nothing to do with “cool”, when you get older you’ll realise things that just work are more desirable than fluo paint jobs and spinny rims.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Audi – Why? I’ve always lusted after a 1990 ur-quattro but otherwise it’s a posh Volkswagen with spares and service at an absolute premium. Their stand at the 1998 motor show was by invite only, in contrast to Alfa Romeo who seemed positively chuffed to have us oiks rock up and coo over their cars.

McDonalds – I’ve gone a whole decade without eating one and don’t intend to start soon.

Disney – Just because.

Superstar – I hate the logo. Hate it.

Giant – Because of their new headset “standard”.

Any company that uses the word “Colourway” in their literature.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Henleys.

rkk01
    Free Member

K2 Skis – Soooooo ugly!

Really… I have a pair of these sat in my garage, that says otherwise

If you’d have said “fat skiis – soo ugly” I might have agreed 😉

Although I must accept the ease of use of my newer K2s

BUT – in terms of turning ability, I still reckon the old K2 Extremes would easily out-turn the Crossfires (I know, based on SL ski rather than GS type piste ski…)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually I might buy something off On-One’s website now he’s left

The Fail is strong with this one….! 😉

RKK,

I rest my case!

wwaswas

Actually I might buy something off On-One’s website now he’s left

what, again?

rkk01
    Free Member

Ouch – Those are hideous

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t go looking at Coombacks then. This is a family site after all…

kiwijohn

This thread appears to be a crock of sh!t.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Some people on this thread really need to chill out.

piha
    Free Member

I’ll try to avoid, to the best of my ability the following

News Int products – avoided them before the recent phone hacking scandal.

Iceland Supermarket – Encourages a poor diet and cos of that silly bint that they used for advertising.

The Barley Mow, Tilford – OK, not a brand but rude landlord.

Any shop selling casual sports clothing – especially if the clothing is shiny.

I struggle to understand why anyone would shun a product cos of their perceived view of the customers of the product in question (Audi, BMW etc).

mcboo
    Free Member

On-One/Ragley cos Brant was very arrogant, condescending and rude to me on here

Oh the irony…..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Jeep – never again
    Ford Main Dealer in sussex (a small forest of one type of tree) – thought they could rip off my missus.
    Comet – customer service does not seem to feature in their ethos

Easton for the shocking bearing life in the first generation of Haven wheels and then poor, argumentative warranty back up.

jon1973
    Free Member

I struggle to understand why anyone would shun a product cos of their perceived view of the customers of the product in question

If they did, this place would be like a ghost town.

andytherocketeer

KFC – not really a boycott, just don’t eat there because it’s sh1t

^^that too. On the 1 occasion I tried their “food”, it decided it wanted to come back out again. At least I had the decency to wait 30mins till I got home. My colleague just got up walked outside and chundered all down the window, causing the other clientele to decide they were no longer hungry either.

Oh and K2 skis ftw.

timc
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    I’d much rather have a Passat than an Audi.

Out of interest, why?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lots i wouldn’t buy but none i really find offensive other than the daily mail.

Nespresso amuse me, though I suppose that’s Nestle. Have you seen their “lifestyle” mag? Terminally sad. And have you visited one of their stores where you need to have a lifestyle consultation so they can decide which little plastic pot of coffee is suitable for you? Comedy stuff.

And if you think being a Vodafone customer is bad then you should try being one of their suppliers!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Bike Brands:

Boardman
    Hayes
    Commencal
    Avid (Hydraulic Brakes only)
    Formula
    Quando
    Campagnolo
    Boardman (just to make sure)

Other Stuff:

Coke
    McDonalds
    KFC
    SKY
    Apple
    Mini
    ITV (except rugby)

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I struggle to understand why anyone would shun a product cos of their perceived view of the customers of the product in question (Audi, BMW etc).

Because if you drive an Audi people think you’re a cock?

Seems simple enough to me. 😉

timc
    Free Member

randomjeremy – Member
    Some people might argue that people who don’t like AUDI or BMW are just sore that they can’t afford one and are stuck in a Passat or whatever, and would secretly jump at the chance, if offered, to own one of these brands…..

Surprised you havent been flamed for this yet haha

timc
    Free Member

namastebuzz – Member
    Because if you drive an Audi people think you’re a cock?

True, should have bought a BMW, far better drive than Audi… 👿

Nick

Yeah because we all know that people buy cars to be ironic don’t we.

MrSmith
    Free Member

cotic, on-one, ragley, commencal, x-lite, manitou
    any brand worn by northern middle aged men that has big logos or funny superfluous pocket arrangements. superdry: a brand created out of nothing that means nothing with no heritage, it’s the reverse of ‘ingrish’ japanese clothing with meaningless slogans.
    supreme, bathing ape and all those other wan*3r brands.

legend
    Free Member

Arnold Clark – how could I forget about those wonderful people?

Sandwich

Transition, Superstar and Sierra Cycling as their representatives that have appeared on here have been not very inspiring.

ratherbeintobago

I’ve been boycotting the Independent since they let that twunt Bonio guest edit.

Andy

hora
    Free Member

superdry

When it first came out I actually thought it was Japanese clothing ‘over here’ partly due to how badly cut/sizing etc it is.

Another. Orange. Sorry, I really don’t think a single pivot bike with no UK Importer or duties to pay should cost £1,500.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Brands you wouldn't touch with a barge pole…’ is closed to new replies.